✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to Take 2013 Off

Zatchamp

Please noooooooo. What about us fucking South Americans? We need Hurts Like Heaven live and Xylobands and the running man and fireworks too!

They're coming, Relax¡¡ Well depend in which country do you live, because if your from Peru, sorry buy tickets to santiago or Buenos Aires:(

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I think they have one more LP plus Parlophone having rights to do a "greatest hits" before their deal is completed.

I've seen so many differing posts on the subject that I have no idea anymore. I could probably find out, but I'm not sure. You may be right.

I've seen so many differing posts on the subject that I have no idea anymore. I could probably find out, but I'm not sure. You may be right.

I've found places online that say both, but 6 seems by far the more common. I'm not sure it matters as far as the scheduling of the next album anyway because usually the only real coercion labels bring to bear on artists is through refusing to financially underpin the band until they begin recording, which would hardly be an issue for Coldplay.

I've found places online that say both, but 6 seems by far the more common. I'm not sure it matters as far as the scheduling of the next album anyway because usually the only real coercion labels bring to bear on artists is through refusing to financially underpin the band until they begin recording, which would hardly be an issue for Coldplay.

At this point in EMI's life, they need Coldplay more than Coldplay needs them.

The AROBTTH tour only had 2 or 3 south American dates in total, and technically Twisted Logic didn't have any, as the 2007 tour was it's own entity. Historically, Coldplay have been pretty thorough in traveling the globe compared to a lot of bands, but I can think of several major tours by major bands that omitted some or all of the regions in question.

We're not talking about any major band, this is Coldplay. Even AROBTTH (which I consider a smaller tour by today's standards) had a couple of dates in South America. X&Y had its own mini South American tour which inspired VLV (thank God). There's no way Coldplay is retiring the MX Tour without proper concerts in South America. It's all gut feeling but it feels right.

We're not talking about any major band, this is Coldplay. Even AROBTTH (which I consider a smaller tour by today's standards) had a couple of dates in South America. X&Y had its own mini South American tour which inspired VLV (thank God). There's no way Coldplay is retiring the MX Tour without proper concerts in South America. It's all gut feeling but it feels right.

:nod:

I did say that Coldplay were more likely to tour SA than a lot of other bands based on their previous history, and there seems a decent chance they will sometime in the early part of next year. I only meant to say that nothing is a foregone conclusion until it's actually announced. Ideally, they'd go everywhere people want to see them play, hopefully they'll at least go to a good percentage of those places, realistically who knows? :)

How about another North American tour? :lol: I've seen them 2x, 9/24/11 and 7/2/12 but I'd go again in a hearbeat if they came within 8 hrs of my home. Now there's a slim chance of that happening.

Really, that would be something! I would go in a heartbeat-even if it was more than 8 hours away

EVERYONE does realize...That "Marty McFly" went to the Future in "Back to the Future part 2" and he went to the year 2015:laugh3:

:surprised:

That doesn't feature in the film but I bet his secret intention was to go to a Coldplay concert (OBVIOUSLY) :nod:

Is this confirmed yet? God,if they don't tour Europe in 2013,I will shoot myself. I can't believe I am gonna miss seeing this tour live...

Even if the hiatus doesn't pan out, it currently is not looking good for either European or North American tours next year. :\

This whole tour was really been smaller then viva's tour. But took it's time because of the festivals in 2011. Viva had way to much American dates. This time Europe had some more (including festivals).

They also announced a year pause after the viva tour, but it wasn't because Christmas lights and the first songs (wedding bells) were debuted end 2010.

I think a year off in 2013 isn't strange. We'll get the live DVD at the end of this year.

I know this is unrelated to the thread but I wanted to comment on you saying that your best live moment was 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face MX Version'. What I loved about this was when C Martin threw his guitar up thirty feet in the air. I loved the intro to the song and the fact that it is simply one of the best rock songs ever written. Bloody Incredible!!!! :)

P.S. this post is directed at Rvs_009;5398529 but obviously anyone can comment.

I know this is unrelated to the thread but I wanted to comment on you saying that your best live moment was 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face MX Version'. What I loved about this was when C Martin threw his guitar up thirty feet in the air. I loved the intro to the song and the fact that it is simply one of the best rock songs ever written. Bloody Incredible!!!! :)

P.S. this post is directed at Rvs_009;5398529 but obviously anyone can comment.

agreed-my favorite song live. Its a great song to begin with.

Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow moving to LA??

I think this is true... Is It?

It probably is, but I don't want Chris to move away from his home England (and me! :P ha ha!!) They've got so much money can't they have two homes? I mean Chris is gonna have to live somewhere whilst he's recording new material etc... I think the main reason for the move is because Gwyneth wants to be nearer to her family, but what about Chris?! :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4508392/Chris-Martin-and-Gwyneth-Paltrow-leave-London-to-move-to-LA.html

I heard that his wife Gwyneth Paltrow did not like america so I do not know. if this is true because was the fans who said.

their children are American-English anyway is not a problem .

and then Chris should run away to America. this is frowned upon relations secrets with a Yeti in the middle of showbiz.