✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oasis vs. Blur

Til_Kingdom_Come

I just want to quote a friend of mine who's the biggest Oasis fan I know (he named every single track from all seven albums plus the Masterplan, in under ten minutes last week.)

"Why Blur Vs Oasis? Why not good music Vs the crap we have in the charts these days?"

If you forced me to pick one it will be Blur, only as they changed styles with every album whereas Oasis kinda didn't.

Which is, ironically, why Blur are more like the Beatles :P

But it's funny that the one album Oasis did vary styles, Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, is regarded by some as one of the worst of all time.

I just want to quote a friend of mine who's the biggest Oasis fan I know (he named every single track from all seven albums plus the Masterplan, in under ten minutes last week.)

"Why Blur Vs Oasis? Why not good music Vs the crap we have in the charts these days?"

I agree with that. :nod:

But it's one of my pet peeves when people say modern music is garbage (or rubbish) when there has always been crap in the charts, no matter what decade you go to.

It's usually a comparison between some well-known and successful band which defined a decade and some poppy one-hit wonder on the radio a few weeks ago and it's biased and unfair. :disappointed:

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. :disappointed:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Blur are the better band (as in all members contributing and going forward whereas Oasis was really just Noel Gallagher with an image ie Liam) but Definitely Maybe remains one of the greatest British albums of all time so I go for Oasis and no Blur album comes close to that.

Your comments.

I think Brent might be...

That wasn't really an option. You see, there were two categories: Oasis and Blur. The purpose of the thread, and my comment, was to deduce one of those discrete categories (reminder: Oasis and Blur) as to a) which is better, or, b) which one of those two categories (reminder: Oasis and Blur) is more overrated (This is a new dimension to assess those two categories). To reach the conclusion of my forum comments is not topical because it is not one of the possible answers (Oasis or Blur).

Oasis.

You're probably right. If not for those insufferable Gallaghers. Couple of pricks.

I agree with that. :nod:

But it's one of my pet peeves when people say modern music is garbage (or rubbish) when there has always been crap in the charts, no matter what decade you go to.

It's usually a comparison between some well-known and successful band which defined a decade and some poppy one-hit wonder on the radio a few weeks ago and it's biased and unfair. :disappointed:

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. :disappointed:

My friend's point was not so much about the music, I feel, but the fans. Why be a fan of chart music today when there are such great bands out there? Why divide up the fans of Britpop when we can unite together and show people how good Blur and Oasis both are?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, music is not about division, it's about unification, inclusion, and this thread and the britpop war certainly go against my musical beliefs. :\

That wasn't really an option. You see, there were two categories: Oasis and Blur. The purpose of the thread, and my comment, was to deduce one of those discrete categories (reminder: Oasis and Blur) as to a) which is better, or, b) which one of those two categories (reminder: Oasis and Blur) is more overrated (This is a new dimension to assess those two categories). To reach the conclusion of my forum comments is not topical because it is not one of the possible answers (Oasis or Blur).

Yet you haven't taken into consideration the purpose of their comments, which was perhaps to highlight how patronising your posts can be (especially this one).

Your comment was just as irrelevant, as the idea of overrating, underrating or the like was not part of the question; it adds no new dimension to the original question. Some might say (ha, ha) that your comment was simply to stir, troll or be difficult.

Why be a fan of chart music today when there are such great bands out there?

Well, there are lots of people who like, as you say, "chart music." I don't see why that in itself is an issue. As long as you are enjoying what you're listening to, it shouldn't matter what type of music it is. That's why I love the fact that there's so much variety in music today; there's literally something for everyone.

music is not about division, it's about unification, inclusion

Being so involved in music, I'm a staunch believer in this statement.

Yet you haven't taken into consideration the purpose of their comments, which was perhaps to highlight how patronising your posts can be (especially this one).

Your comment was just as irrelevant, as the idea of overrating, underrating or the like was not part of the question; it adds no new dimension to the original question. Some might say (ha, ha) that your comment was simply to stir, troll or be difficult.

Oh God forbid I have a real opinion that they're both mediocre bands. Naturally if I can't heap praise on them, I'm trolling.

Through my eyes (my opinion), the question is kind of like: Would you rather put bull shit or dog shit in your ears? To me, it doesn't it really matter. I'm expressing my opinion, and Coldplaying is an excellent forum for that.

Your job is to understand that people who don't agree with you, people that won't lick Chris Martin's, the Gallaghers', and Damon Albarn's butthole all in one go; exist on this forum. And they are just as entitled to post here as you, and you should respect it.

I think what annoyed me in criticizing my comments is that it was lame. Plus, if they are "overrated" like the dude above me says, someone likes them. They're rated well. You can do better than that. Prove me wrong, tell me why I shouldn't think Oasis is a bad band. Or be witty or something. I'm bored.

Brent you comment on things just to bring everyone down. I don't care what post it is. When I see the last post in a thread is by you I don't even click it. If you have nothing to add to the conversation other then being sarcastic or trolling just don't comment. I understand in this case you don't like either band - fine- but saying "I can't decide who's more overrated", that's just unnessisary. You're not just posting your opinion, you're trying to get people angry and you know it. It's every post you make I swear. You're trying to get on people's nerves and you succeed. You're always going on about your "opinions" and how your entitled to think what you want. Well guess what, so am I, and my opinion is that you need to grow up. I'm sorry man but I'm getting pretty sick of it. If you have nothing better to do then argue I suggest you take it elsewhere, because I'm sure there are a lot of other people on this forum who are sick of it as well.