✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

every crush is like a white water rapid

Cyan Kat

I don't know why you opted for a Facebook message over just saying something face-to-face. It is possible to ignore messages on Facebook for quite some time by avoiding clicking on them (which marks them as read). If you had stopped coming up with these reasons not to and just said something, it'd be done, you'd have the relief that you manged to say something to this dude. Instead now you must wait nervously chewing your fingers for a "read" marker or a reply.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I honestly don't mean to and want to help you out a bit with this

All that is left is to wait for now tho

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why you opted for a Facebook message over just saying something face-to-face. It is possible to ignore messages on Facebook for quite some time by avoiding clicking on them (which marks them as read). If you had stopped coming up with these reasons not to and just said something, it'd be done, you'd have the relief that you manged to say something to this dude. Instead now you must wait nervously chewing your fingers for a "read" marker or a reply.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I honestly don't mean to and want to help you out a bit with this

All that is left is to wait for now tho

Have you ever gone up to somebody to tell them something though, and then frozen up, embarrassed yourself, or just chickened out?

I might be alone, but if I could, I would make notes of every little thing that I say, because I'm just so damn awkward when I speak to people, especially if it's about something important.

By sending a message, Kat put her thoughts down, and actually got them out, something she hasn't been able to do face to face, and yeah, she has to wait for a reply, but she's actually said what she wanted to. She had proper control over that and she went for it.

Have you ever gone up to somebody to tell them something though, and then frozen up, embarrassed yourself, or just chickened out?

I might be alone, but if I could, I would make notes of every little thing that I say, because I'm just so damn awkward when I speak to people, especially if it's about something important.

By sending a message, Kat put her thoughts down, and actually got them out, something she hasn't been able to do face to face, and yeah, she has to wait for a reply, but she's actually said what she wanted to. She had proper control over that and she went for it.

Well said Mark :nod: :hug: well said indeed!

I really didn't want to carry on worrying about how to ask him out it was driving me crazy and I have school work I need to focus on and I'm supposed to be thinking about Uni applications but all I could think about was him.

I weighed myself the other day and I swear over the last week I'd lost nearly half a stone through feeling sick and barely eating :anxious:

In an ideal world I'd have asked him out but I feel like such a fool constantly hanging around after class to try gain courage to ask him out.

I really didn't want to carry on worrying about how to ask him out it was driving me crazy and I have school work I need to focus on and I'm supposed to be thinking about Uni applications but all I could think about was him.

I weighed myself the other day and I swear over the last week I'd lost nearly half a stone through feeling sick and barely eating :anxious:

In an ideal world I'd have asked him out but I feel like such a fool constantly hanging around after class to try gain courage to ask him out.

You did the right thing, especially after everything you've just said.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I don't mind because I do wish that I could go back in time but yeah :/

I've asked people out face to face and on Facebook.

In person, someone's less likely to turn you down, because of how awkward it would be, but you tend to find later on that they don't like you as much as you like them. On Facebook, it's much more honest. Someone can totally ignore you, but at least there's no embarrassment that you get face to face.

They're both legitimate ways, but when I've been too nervous, I've done it online. Some things my brain is programmed not to say for fear of rejection or shock. One of those things is "Do you fancy going out sometime?"

(So if I ever ask you out in person, I don't like you that much. I wasn't that nervous that I wrote you a message. :P)

I think I speak for a fair few people when I say it's not at all about looks for me.

Well I think it is for guys where I live. I've got dark hair, green eyes, glasses, 5foot7 and size 8 in clothes (UK size8), I'm not exactly pretty, thin and that kind of stuff

woah this thread's reached 20 pages :surprised:

thanks for all the advice, I'll update on whether anything happens tomorrow however I doubt anything will and I'm preparing myself for that.

It's not the end of the world and I have a staff meal to look forward to on friday night which I'm really happy about.

If anyone else had advice they want then this thread can be for that...