✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

every crush is like a white water rapid

Cyan Kat

Don't listen to your mum!! (oh at least about that what she said, the rest you should listen to :P)

Playing hard to get is not appreciated by most people. If the guy is as nice as you described him, then he doesn't either. He doesn't sound to me like the player-type and that's also not the type you're looking for I imagine.

My sister asked yesterday if the guy she likes wanted to hang out with her because a band was playing last night and he did not even respond. He just ignored her. I wanted to comfort her, but then she said "you know what, I don't even feel bad about it. At least now I know he does not like me and it feels somehow as a relief." Then we walked with her to the band :D

I didn't listen to what my mum said it sounded so stupid

I waited for him after class and he seemed happy that I waited and Idk why but I chickened out again and instead we just chatted about our lessons and stuff.

I'm moving on to plan B now;

aka send him a facebook message asking him to hang out/go to cinema without sounding too lame and if he ignores it I'll know he's not interested.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't listen to what my mum said it sounded so stupid

I waited for him after class and he seemed happy that I waited and Idk why but I chickened out again and instead we just chatted about our lessons and stuff.

I'm moving on to plan B now;

aka send him a facebook message asking him to hang out/go to cinema without sounding too lame and if he ignores it I'll know he's not interested.

Remember to put in the message that you like him :P

okay well give me a generic message I can send him

I would personally say something along the lines of "Would you like to go to the cinema this weekend? I really like you and I'd like to spend more time with you, more than we get when we're walking to class."

But as ever, check with someone responsible first :P ie Molly, Dee, Wyrd (sorry I don't know your name!) etc.

I would personally say something along the lines of "Would you like to go to the cinema this weekend? I really like you and I'd like to spend more time with you, more than we get when we're walking to class."

But as ever, check with someone responsible first :P ie Molly, Dee, Wyrd (sorry I don't know your name!) etc.

Well I think It's good to have a guy's opinion too :hug:

I know now that I just have to do this, I've had this stomach ache for the past week and I guess it's what you call 'butterflies' it's damn annoying though as I don't feel like eating or sleeping either.

Well I think It's good to have a guy's opinion too :hug:

I know now that I just have to do this, I've had this stomach ache for the past week and I guess it's what you call 'butterflies' it's damn annoying though as I don't feel like eating or sleeping either.

Awww Kat, I've been there. It'll be better after you tell him :)

As a guy's opinion, I just like girls telling me exactly what they think, good or bad. So I think it really is the right thing to do to tell him.

Just don't do this... :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1idewX6sw]extras 0205, chatting up a girl - YouTube[/ame]

Holy crap, I hope people won't be so full of 'playing games', 'women act like this and men act like that", "play hard-to-get" when I start dating

Why can't human beings treat each other like human beings and not start rumours and change themselves to impress people and toy with people's emotions 'til it physically hurts. If that's what 'love' is then I wanna die alone with 12 cats.

I forgot my point but I read the last few pages and I just wanted to get that out. :disappointed:

And Kat you're valuing crushes far too highly, I'm sorry but you are. I think it's this culture that we're living in that we're supposed to treat people we fancy like gods. If you keep waiting, you'll have an 100% chance of being rejected because you never asked, and you'll keep looking back on it with regret. Really, like I said earlier, this is also a learning experience. Eventually you will have to learn how to stand up for yourself and meet new people. I'm learning now and it's tough. Yeah I could eat alone every day because I'm too scared to meet new people but then I can graduate high school with no memories of any friends and that is a huge regret I will have. So you have to try, little by little. I tried to talk to one new person every week. And then every few days, eventually every day. And when people call my name and smile and say hello, all the nervous feelings I had before are completely gone because I don't feel ignored anymore.

You really have to try because you have to learn these people skills at one point. If you don't learn them in 5 years, you'll have problems meeting new guys in your 20s, 15 years you'll have trouble in your 30s, etc. You just can't run away from it. If this guy doesn't become your boyfriend, at least let him become the reason you're not afraid of talking to new people anymore. Please, Kat.

I'm sorry if I'm scaring you or something but I wanna be blunt because there are some really wise and encouraging words in this thread and they don't really seem to matter.

EDIT: Wow I'm sorta too late.

Yeah a Facebook message sounds fine

Holy crap, I hope people won't be so full of 'playing games', 'women act like this and men act like that", "play hard-to-get" when I start dating

Why can't human beings treat each other like human beings and not start rumours and change themselves to impress people and toy with people's emotions 'til it physically hurts. If that's what 'love' is then I wanna die alone with 12 cats.

I forgot my point but I read the last few pages and I just wanted to get that out. :disappointed:

The vast majority of people don't play games. When I met my ex girlfriend, I liked her, we went on a date, and another, I asked her out, that was it. And it was it was nice while it lasted. It was the same with the girl before that, and before that.

That's how it usually works. And yeah, people mess you around, people hurt you, but most of them don't mean it. And you'll hurt as many as will have hurt you.

Don't worry about it. It's not as bad as you think. :hug:

And Kat you're valuing crushes far too highly, I'm sorry but you are. I think it's this culture that we're living in that we're supposed to treat people we fancy like gods. If you keep waiting, you'll have an 100% chance of being rejected because you never asked, and you'll keep looking back on it with regret. Really, like I said earlier, this is also a learning experience. Eventually you will have to learn how to stand up for yourself and meet new people. I'm learning now and it's tough. Yeah I could eat alone every day because I'm too scared to meet new people but then I can graduate high school with no memories of any friends and that is a huge regret I will have. So you have to try, little by little. I tried to talk to one new person every week. And then every few days, eventually every day. And when people call my name and smile and say hello, all the nervous feelings I had before are completely gone because I don't feel ignored anymore.

You really have to try because you have to learn these people skills at one point. IF you don't learn them in 5 years, you'll have problems meeting new guys in your 20s, 15 years you'll have trouble in your 30s, etc. You just can't run away from it. If this guy doesn't become your boyfriend, at least let him become the reason you're not afraid of talking to new people anymore. Please, Kat.

I'm sorry if I'm scaring you or something but I wanna be blunt because there are some really wise and encouraging words in this thread and they don't really seem to matter.

EDIT: Wow I'm sorta too late.

Yeah a Facebook message sounds fine

thanks and I know that, my social skills have gotten better in the last year since I got a part time job and I've made some really good friends at work and I do feel better about that, and I feel all ready to ask him out and then I look at him and I get scared.

thanks and I know that, my social skills have gotten better in the last year since I got a part time job and I've made some really good friends at work and I do feel better about that, and I feel all ready to ask him out and then I look at him and I get scared.

That's why Facebook's so wonderful. :P

okay so here is what I'm going to write (would love some advice on this)

Hi, this may sound odd but do you want to go to the cinema or something sometime?,

I was going to ask you earlier but I chickened out and if not it's cool just let me know

I don't think there's any shame in using Facebook for it, if I had been able to interact with my boyfriend off of the internet beforehand I think I still would have told him I liked him over Facebook.

Edit: That sounds pretty good to me

I think it's decent. It tells him what you mean and if he just reads what it says, he knows what you mean. So yeah, sounds good.

I also had added the guy I like on facebook and asked him to come with me to see the bands play that night and he said yes and then we got together that night and we still are :D

(so yeah, the same thing as my sister did, but she wasn't so lucky)

(btw, my name is Kim, hahaha)

and go Cyan Kat, GOOOOOOO! :D

I think it's decent. It tells him what you mean and if he just reads what it says, he knows what you mean. So yeah, sounds good.

I also had added the guy I like on facebook and asked him to come with me to see the bands play that night and he said yes and then we got together that night and we still are :D

(so yeah, the same thing as my sister did, but she wasn't so lucky)

(btw, my name is Kim, hahaha)

and go Cyan Kat, GOOOOOOO! :D

hi kim and thanks :3

Ooh, I've missed so much!

Hi Kim, I'm Mark, pleasure to meet you :)

There's no shame in sending Facebook messages to ask people out, it's ending with them that's bad :P

Kat, the message was perfect :)

Well done for doing it :D

No matter what happens now, the phase you're going through is over :)

:surprised:

Looks like I'm coming back at a very interesting point! :dance:

I think....uh...Abracadabra is right. Actually he perfectly described the state of mind I had just a couple of years ago :| And that self defense mechanism of yours, Kat, I know it too well. It's too bad you haven't found a way to tell him face to face, but at least facebook is something.

seen as most coldplay songs are about love or heatbreak I don't think that would help :P

I always find when I'm nervous that Arctic Monkeys make me feel better. Not sure why. Maybe it's the speed of the music, maybe it's his voice.