✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven trailer

Tash

Coldplay have got a new music video... but you can only see a bit of it

Oh look, Coldplay can’t even be bothered to appear in their own music videos anymore.

We knew this time would come.

The band have gone all Gorillaz on us, at least for their forthcoming single.

They tweeted a sneak preview of their latest offering on Friday, and the entire thing seems to be animated.

One of them wrote: ‘The next single from Mylo Xyloto will be Hurts Like Heaven. Full video coming on Monday - watch the trailer now...’

Go on then…

link

-----------------

Coldplay tease video for new single 'Hurts Like Heaven'

Coldplay have released a teaser trailer for their new video.

The clip for 'Hurts Like Heaven' does not feature the band and instead shows comic book-style cartoon characters in a dystopian setting.

"The next single from Mylo Xyloto will be 'Hurts Like Heaven'," they tweeted earlier today (October 5).

"Full video coming on Monday (October 8) - watch the trailer now..."

The futuristic animation contains flashes of neon, which have become the band's trademark over the course of Mylo Xyloto's promotions.

The story also appears to feature male and female protagonists who, according to briefly displayed captions, fight a villain named 'Major Minus' and his army of 'silencers'.

'Hurts Like Heaven' is the fifth official single to be released from Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto LP. The band's entire back catalogue of albums recently re-entered the UK Top 100 after they performed at the Closing Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.

link

-----------------

Coldplay Release New Song 'Hurts Like Heaven' Music Video Trailer

The 'Paradise' band's latest promo will feature images taken from their 'Mylo Xyloto' comic book series.

Coldplay have released a trailer for the music video from their next single 'Hurts Like Heaven'.

The 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' stars use footage and images taken from their 'Mylo Xyloto' comic book series for the promo, which will follow on from their Rihanna collaboration 'Princess Of China'.

The colourful video will premiere in full this Monday (8th October) and comes shortly after the announcement of their new live concert DVD and album.

The film will feature clips from their gigs at Glastonbury Festival 2011, the Stade de France in Paris and Montreal's Bell Centre.

The new DVD will be the band's first in nine years and frontman Chris Martin said their most recent series of shows have been the most "fun" they've ever had as a band.

link

I THINK ALL OF THIS IS WONDERFUL, I love writing story's (and reading) and I love listening to Coldplay (who have inspired my own story's) and I love art and drawing (which are also inspired by Coldplay) .. So you can understand why this is literally heaven for me, but even though the video's there, I'm not gonna watch it until the 8th because its my birthday. I think it's amazeballs that they wrote a story and then put songs to it, like a musical ;)

I'm really surprised about how many coldplayers don't like this idea, I thought it was artistic gold. Just shows that Coldplay have an amazing imagination :)