✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 3 includes Christmas Lights

Tash

'Glee' Christmas Album: Volume 3 Includes Bon Iver, Holiday Classics

It's beginning to look a lot like "Glee" is putting out a new Christmas album. According to Hypable, the album will hit stores on December 4, 21 days before.

The album, the third "Glee" holiday CD, will include some contemporary Christmas songs mixed with classics. The reported tracklist is:

"Shake Up Christmas"

"Mistletoe"

"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

"White Christmas"/"Skinny Love"

"All I Have"

"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"

"Wonderful Christmastime"

"Snow"

"My Only Wish (This Year)"

"Christmas Lights"

"Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree"

"Magic"

"Silent Night"

Looks like Bon Iver will get the "Glee" treatment as a mash-up with the holiday classic "White Christmas." "Glee" has released two holiday albums in the past, "Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album" in November 2010 and "Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2" in November 2011.

No word on whether "Glee" will be doing another full Christmas-themed episode like the series did in Season 3.

link

-----------------

Christmas Lights by Coldplay will be featured in a unknown episode and featured on Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 3. It is currently unknown who will be singing this song.

link

I see a negative reaction.... I am not sure yet how I feel about it. But, on another note, you guys can't deny that the Glee cast sounds amazing. I am just they will perform Christmas Lights beautify. I think their performance of The Scientist was amazing..... You guys probably don't agree, right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoccmrRGtus]GLEE - Full Performance of "The Scientist" - YouTube[/ame]

I really hope there's another song we don't know about also called Christmas Lights... because I don't know if I could cope with this :/ I'm still steering away from Glee's cover of The Scientist because I just don't want it to be ruined for me, and I'm so worried it would be. I know that seems narrow-minded... but I've heard Glee covers before and they are rarely, if ever, as good as the originals :shrug:

Fix You was awful, The Scientist was decent. Had I not heard it before, I would have tried to find the original after watching Glee. So it's not all bad. Didn't Chris say that the band's objective is to expose Coldplay music to as many people as possible? Glee is watched by millions every week. Performing Coldplay music can only bring on new fans. It's all good.

I think that you kind have to watch Glee to like the covers. It must add some sort of extra emotional dimension that the non-viewers (including me) don't get.

Looking at the songs seperately probably makes them sound so much worse, from what I've seen at least :P

Just like with the setlist, the band does what they want to do. Here's Chris' take on Coldplay songs being performed on Glee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5l0cKaia3I]Cold Play - Phone Interview with Billy Bush - YouTube[/ame]

At around the 5:00 mark

That doesn't make it less stupid.

Just with everything, it's a matter of opinion. Some of us don't find the move stupid at all. You can go as far back as Glastonbury 2002 when people were accusing the band of wanting to become a big band (blasphemy). The answer then and the answer now is that we want our work to be heard by as many people as possible. Glee does that for them. Hopefully it'll be a decent cover like the Scientist and not awful like Fix You.

Not if that includes things like Glee and X-Factor.

You and I can only express our opinions (just like with the set list), the band doesn't consult us before making their decisions and they've obviously decided they're not too good for the X Factor and Glee. I happen to agree with them in this instance while you disagree. That's life! We just have to deal with it:)