✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Showers or baths?

Coldplay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely prefer baths, for several reasons.

1. Baths are very relaxing to me. I can just sit there, enjoy the hot water and take my time. With showers, I feel rushed.

2. Baths use less water than showers, particularly if you're like me and take a while getting clean. Therefore, it's less wasteful and better for the environment. :wacko:

3. Two words: bubble baths. :awesome:

4. OK, this is going to sound awkward, but I find it's easier for me to shave my legs in the tub than it is in the shower. I nick myself so much more in the shower. :disappointed:

So yeah. There.

I've always heard showers use more, and I simply don't believe it, after debating this once with a friend I told them to take a full shower for 10mins (Which is average-ish?) and leave the plug in the hole, sure enough there was only about 2 inches of water at the most. From what I remember though showers on the North American side of the world are like fucking powerhoses in comparison to here (And it's un-necessary, I can only think it's for cleaning your hair but you can easily put your head close to shower head and it rinses thoroughly), so maybe that's where this comes from.

I rarely have a bath just for muscular pain, but I take a shower first and then run the bath after all my filthy dirt is washed off my body and also out of the bath. I prefer showers of course, I find a bath relaxing for about 2mins, then I'm just bored. I normally take a shower every morning unless I've taken one late-ish the previous night, and maybe about half the week I'll take a short shower in the early evening.

I've always heard showers use more, and I simply don't believe it, after debating this once with a friend I told them to take a full shower for 10mins (Which is average-ish?) and leave the plug in the hole, sure enough there was only about 2 inches of water at the most.
Same. I also did not believe it and that was before the 'saving water heads' and I also had like 2 inches in it. Just think of how long it takes to fill a bath with water and that is with the tap fully open. When I shower I only open the tap a bit and I have enough water. :S

1. Baths are very relaxing to me. I can just sit there, enjoy the hot water and take my time. With showers, I feel rushed.
But what if you get so relaxed that you doze off and then your head goes in the water and oops you can't breathe? I don't wanna lose Violet because of a little water. :bigcry:

I've had a friend once who took a bath every single morning. She got up extra-early just for that. What she also did was shaving every centimetre of her body (yes, every last bit) while in the tub. So why I do think that this "sitting in your own filth"-thingy sounds a bit exaggerated (seriously, sounds like you haven't cleaned in weeks and you're lying in a puddle of excrements and dirt), sitting in your own hair and lots of shaving cream sounds kinda yucky ... especially because then you'll most likely have to shower afterwards anyway. :thinking:

Erm ... so anyway, showers for cleaning, baths for relaxing for me. :nod: