✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Prince William and Kate expecting a baby / 22-07 Duchess gives birth to baby boy

Tash

Prince William and Kate expecting a baby

_64534314_kate_getty.jpg

he Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby, St James's Palace has announced.

Members of the Royal Family and the duchess's family, the Middletons, are said to be delighted.

A spokesman said the duchess has been admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in central London with acute morning sickness and is expected to stay for several days.

The royal baby will be born third in line and in direct succession to the throne.

He or she will one day be head of the armed forces, supreme governor of the Church of England and subsequently head of state of 16 countries.

Catherine and William were married at Westminster Abbey in April 2011.

The duchess was last seen in public on Friday when she visited her old school St Andrew's School in Pangbourne in Berkshire.

In a statement, St James's Palace said: "Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."

It said the duchess was being treated in hospital suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, which requires supplementary hydration and nutrients.

"As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter," it added.

St James's Palace refused to be drawn on when the royal couple became aware of the pregnancy, only saying "recently".

But it is understood that the pregnancy has not passed the 12 week point and the palace announcement was prompted by the Duchess's medical condition.

Prime Minister David Cameron wrote on Twitter that he was "delighted by the news", adding: "They will make wonderful parents."

Labour leader Ed Miliband tweeted: "Fantastic news for Kate, William and the country. A royal baby is something the whole nation will celebrate."

link

-----------------

Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant

The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby, St James's Palace announced today.

wills_2209320b.jpg

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby, St James's Palace announced today.

The palace said Kate was admitted this afternoon to the King Edward VII Hospital in central London with acute morning sickness and is expected to stay in hospital for several days.

A St James's Palace spokesman said: "Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.

"The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."

The couple married in April 2011.

The Duchess' last public engagement was a visit to St Andrew's School in Pangbourne, Berks, her former school.

The Duchess, who wore a tartan coatdress by Alexander McQueen and three-inch high calf length boots, played hockey with pupils.

link

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter," it added.
I wonder how early "very early" is, aside from the first trimester of course. That's the disadvantage of being in the public eye that much. Many women these days, for obvious reasons that most women don't like to talk about, wouldn't want to announce even to their family that they are pregnant until they're beyond the first trimester.

He didn't mess about.
Neither did she. :sneaky:

MILF is a trending topic in the UK :lol:
oh good lord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmS8JwyRUdk]2Day FM prank call hospital treating pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton - YouTube[/ame]

Official Hospital Hoax Prank Call to Kate Middleton's UK Hospital

Duchess of Cambridge pregnant: hospital security blunder as Kate's nurse falls for hoax call

The hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge is being treated for severe pregnancy sickness has admitted one of its nurses gave out confidential details of her treatment after falling victim to a hoax call from an Australian radio station.

Two presenters from 2Day FM called the King Edward VII Hospital in London pretending to be the Queen and the Prince of Wales, and were put straight through to the Duchess's ward in the early hours of Tuesday.

Neither the receptionist who put the call through nor the nurse treating the Duchess suspected anything was amiss, despite the distinctly amateur impersonations of the Queen and Prince's voices. One of the presenters even barked, pretending to be a corgi, while the "Queen" wrongly referred to the Duchess as "my granddaughter".

The nurse looking after the Duchess gave confidential details of her treatment and of her condition, and even talked about what time it would be convenient for the "Queen" to visit.

"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff," the spokesman said. "King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."

The hospital's chief executive, John Lofthouse, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."

A hospital source described the call as "mean" and "in very bad taste".

Mel Greig, one of the two presenters of the Summer 30 show, who pretended to be the Queen, spent around two minutes talking to the nurse.

She began by saying: "Kate my darling, are you there?"

The nurse replied: "Good morning ma'am, this is a nurse speaking. How may I help you?"

The "Queen" said: "Hello, I'm just after my granddaughter Kate, I wanted to see how her little tummy bug is going."

After the nurse gave her some details, she said: "OK, I'll just feed my little corgis then," followed by barking from co-presenter Michael Christian.

She asked when a good time would be to visit, and the nurse replied: "I would suggest that any time after nine o'clock would be suitable, because the doctor will be in in the morning, and will just be getting her freshened up in the morning. I would think any time after nine."

Michael Christian, who pretended to be the Prince of Wales, said he was "completely shocked" to be put through to the ward, adding: "I thought we'd get hung up on!"

He asked the nurse: "Is Wills still there, or has he gone home. I haven't spoken to him yet."

The "Queen" interjected: "When are you going to walk those bloody corgis?" The Charles impersonater replied: "Mumsy, I'll go and take the dogs outside."

The call will re-open the debate on the Leveson Report, which proposes state regulation of the British press but makes no attempt to address the issue of the unregulated internet or media based abroad.

It appears to have broken Australia's own broadcasting regulations, which stipulate that live programmes must not treat participants in a "highly demeaning or highly exploitative manner". It defines "exploitative" as "clearly appearing to purposefully debase or abuse the participant for the enjoyment of others, and lacking moral, artistic or other values".

Royal pregnancy: Duchess leaves hospital

_64604587_016678747.jpg

Catherine left hospital with Prince William at her side

The Duchess of Cambridge has left hospital after treatment for severe morning sickness.

Catherine, holding a bouquet of flowers, left King Edward VII hospital in central London on Thursday morning with her husband, Prince William.

She was admitted with acute morning sickness - hyperemesis gravidarum - on Monday.

St James's Palace said in a statement that she was now heading to Kensington Palace for a period of rest.

Her first child will be third in line to the throne, and will become monarch, whether a boy or a girl, after changes to the succession rules.

This week the Commonwealth governments agreed to press ahead with a bill ending discrimination against women in the succession to the British throne.

Catherine smiled at the media, which have been assembled outside since her admission, when she emerged from the hospital.

She nodded when asked by reporters if she was feeling better.

link

Duchess of Cambridge hospital nurse found dead

A nurse at a London hospital who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said in a statement they were deeply saddened by the death of the nurse, named as Jacintha Saldanha.

Police were called at 09:35 GMT to reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in central London.

Details of the pregnant Duchess's medical condition were unwittingly revealed to two Australian DJs.

The pair, from Sydney radio station 2Day FM, posed as the Queen and Prince Charles.

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person at the King Edward VII hospital who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

The hospital said in a statement: "We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital.

"The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time."

It added: "Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII's Hospital for more than four years.

"She was an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues."

Scotland Yard said the death was being treated as unexplained and enquiries were continuing.

The duchess was admitted on Monday for acute morning sickness, and was discharged on Thursday.

link

I don't know what the privacy laws are like in the UK but in the US she would have got in a lot of trouble. She could have not only lost her job but been fined up to $10,000 for HIPPA violation. Its just so sad because she was just trying to do her job. I mean what do you do tell the Queen to fuck off that you can't give out any info, no you'd probably put the call through. I'm sure the famous British press were relentless in stalking her once it got out. Poor girl. :(

I hope these DJs face some repercussions.

Don't blame the DJ's. They highlighted a flaw. They shouldn't have been able to get that information. I'm not surprised they've been suspended and they must feel awful but there were obviously not the correct procedures in place to deal with what happened. The receptionist wasn't in and so she was advised what information to give out which then led to what happened. If she's killed herself because of this she's obviously a fragile person and that's a massive shame and I feel so sorry for her. The DJ's, however, are not to blame. The system failed.

I didn't bother to read this thread, but honestly who cares?

People have children all the time, why is it such a big deal in this scenario?

(I mean I know why it is, but I don't see why so much time and effort is put into highlighting this)

Well the thread could have value given yesterdays events, as it wouldn't be about the royal baby. However if we wanted it to be interesting whilst including the baby we could discuss the absurdity of witnessing who a future head of state will be. It would be very interesting (but obviously a shame for the family, or not depending on how they took it, I guess) if the baby was born with a disability which was not debilitating enough to prevent them from shaking peoples hands and waving. There are a few avenues it could go down rather than actually talking about the boring stuff that happens in every pregnancy. It's had an interesting start though. Acute morning sickness was not something I was particularly aware of, so learned something and now the death.

released Leveson report[/url] the media (mainly written form) was wreaking havoc (stuff like hacking dead kids' mobile phones). It'll take a while for Regulation to set in but I've no idea what the situation is like down under.

It's only an independent regulator here but they haven't actually done anything yet