✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best unreleased song?

Famous_Old_Painter

Bloodless Revolution.

It has unfortunately never passed the stage of a demo, but I can say that the bit of melody and lyrics are stunning enough to be the base of a great hit. I wonder how it would sound as a complete Viva-ish track with a bassline, drums, Jonny's riff and some other random instruments. 

Edited by WhiteShadow7
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, WhiteShadow7 said:

Bloodless Revolution.

It has unfortunately never passed the stage of a demo, but I can say that the bit of melody and lyrics are stunning enough to be the base of a great hit. I wonder how it would sound as a complete Viva-ish track with a bassline, drums, Jonny's riff and some other random instruments. 

Love the Viva demos!

• Like 1

Ladder to the sun, it was mentioned before but I really like that one too. 

Idiot (the time-frame was during Coldplay's 2nd album)

Life Is Beautiful (during the Head Full of Dreams era)

To be honest I don't know too many of the unreleased songs. Before I did some digging the only one I knew beforehand  was, Ladder to the Sun. Think I saw that on forums probably here some years ago. I did hear Life Is Beautiful before but I didn't realize it wasn't in an CD or official somewhere. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Ladder to the sun, it was mentioned before but I really like that one too. 

Idiot (the time-frame was during Coldplay's 2nd album)

Life Is Beautiful (during the Head Full of Dreams era)

To be honest I don't know too many of the unreleased songs. Before I did some digging the only one I knew beforehand  was, Ladder to the Sun. Think I saw that on forums probably here some years ago. I did hear Life Is Beautiful before but I didn't realize it wasn't in an CD or official somewhere. 

I agree with Life Is Beautiful, it's epic! Jonny's guitar riffs lift that song to a completely higher level. They should release a studio version of it one day. It'll sound beautiful and epic for sure.

Not sure why many fans don't like it, maybe it's because Chris wasn't always at his best while performing this song live. But the song itself is upbeat, quite catchy and uplifting.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nelson Gibb said:

What do you mean by this? Where/when did they mention not releasing 5 songs?

Can't remember exactly when and where, Chris said that they have tried to write 5 songs for Bond, but they were not good enough. It was in a recent interview however, of this month or of September. Actually I think it was just joking when he said that, but I may be wrong... I'm sorry but I can't recall the details of this?

Edited by only.your.imagination

Now that Coldplay took 2 older songs and inserted some nods of it into the Music Of The Spheres album. 

I was curious if folks had any more unreleased songs they'd like to them to sample or add to future releases.

I like the song track name,

"The Butterfly".

It was thought up in 2005.

I'm unsure if they have any samples of what it sounded musically etc. I'm terrible with the lesser known Coldplay information.

• 2 months later...

There are so many unreleased gems that would make far better songs than some of the actual stuff the band has released, but to name a few that stand out:

A View From the Top

Sweet Marianne

Harmless

A Ghost

Solid Ground (Until the Water Flows Over)

Bucket For A Crown

Lukas

• Like 1

I love the unreleased songs from the "Eno Era". In particular "Wedding Bells", "Spanish Rain" / "Don Quixote", the original "Aliens" and "Famous Old Painters".

Someone even mentioned a possible collaboration with the Pierces, but I can't find an interview where they mention it. That would be really nice to hear...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

All of the recently leaked EL demo's. Original Biutyful where Chris goes "Aah Ahh" at the end, Wedding Bells with this lyric "Back to heaven glow (everglow), All the wedding bells they go!", Church with this lyric "Im to the rescue", original Arabesque, a demo of Flags that go "Hey! How often do I miss you? Oh everyday..", and many more that comes without titles..

Probably, the first place would be for Ladder to the sun. I don´t understand the love for Life is beautiful, it´s such an ordinary melody in my opinion. And The Race is the kind of nowadays song, epic, positive and colourful, but I don´t mean it in the good way😅 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edupoint said:

Probably, the first place would be for Ladder to the sun. I don´t understand the love for Life is beautiful, it´s such an ordinary melody in my opinion. And The Race is the kind of nowadays song, epic, positive and colourful, but I don´t mean it in the good way😅 

When it comes to Coldplay songs, particularly in recent years, the appeal of most of them is not the lyrics. I don't think much of the lyrics of The Race and I think the lyrics of Life Is Beautiful are downright stupid, but both songs are brilliantly written when it comes to the instrumental, which is why I like both of them.

8 hours ago, rcktsky said:

All of the recently leaked EL demo's. Original Biutyful where Chris goes "Aah Ahh" at the end, Wedding Bells with this lyric "Back to heaven glow (everglow), All the wedding bells they go!", Church with this lyric "Im to the rescue", original Arabesque, a demo of Flags that go "Hey! How often do I miss you? Oh everyday..", and many more that comes without titles..

idk source of that leak but i hope somewhere trusted group of people will be able to list to some demos/unreleased

13 hours ago, Doomotron said:

When it comes to Coldplay songs, particularly in recent years, the appeal of most of them is not the lyrics. I don't think much of the lyrics of The Race and I think the lyrics of Life Is Beautiful are downright stupid, but both songs are brilliantly written when it comes to the instrumental, which is why I like both of them.

Thanks Doomotron, I couldn´t agree with you more. It´s a shame when through the first three or four albums Chris tried its best to develop himself as a better songwriter. We all know about his incredible abilty to create great melodies, but lately the lyrics seem to follow the "the easier, the better" pattern.

2 hours ago, edupoint said:

Thanks Doomotron, I couldn´t agree with you more. It´s a shame when through the first three or four albums Chris tried its best to develop himself as a better songwriter. We all know about his incredible abilty to create great melodies, but lately the lyrics seem to follow the "the easier, the better" pattern.

I think Viva La Vida was the final album with proper thought written into the lyrics across the board. There were great songs after that mind you. Fly On is very well written, and despite Coloratura being quite silly at times the lyrics are still quite charming - in fact, the section of it in Overtura really helped me when it came out, on what was the worst day of my life so far.