✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live 2003 vs Live 2012

Mollyxyloto

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Live 2012 had more connection than 2003. The way they played UATW and the way they incorporated the Xylobands. Imo.

I agree with this, but the tour diary in Live 2003 somehow made you feel very connected to the band, which is something the interview bits imo failed at doing in Live 2012. On stage, however, you're right, I hadn't thought of that first, but to me it felt they were more connected in 2012, thanks to what you said, than in the 2003 concert.

Exactly, they're on there.

When watching it for the second time, I kinda felt that The Scientist was missing, in the film. And it's so greatly filmed, it should have been a highlight of the film (as it is very often a highlight of the concert), not hidden in the extras. Well, that's only my opinion.

i was kinda disappointed that umbrella wasn't on it, y'know in the extras section.

I didn't expect it so I'm not disappointed that it's not in it (after all the DVD isn't about the Paris concert) but that would have been AWESOME as an extra indeed :awesome: (really even just for the atmosphere and Chris fanboying :lol: )

Goosebumps living it and watching the videos on Youtube.

See, that's why I have trouble choosing between the 2: I feel they're not about the same thing at all. In transmitting emotion, I guess Live 2003 wins. But is that really what MX is about ? I don't think so, I really feel this era is more about having fun than really about deep feelings. In that perspective, Live 2012 wins, imo.

I like both of these perspectives, and I think both totally nail what they were looking to do, so I don't know which one to choose. yet.

Live 2003. As much as I like Live 2012, there is something almost magical about the simplicity that Live 2003 displays. I like the black and white/subtle theme of Live 2003. To me, it more properly showcased Coldplay's epic music.

I get where you're coming from with that :nod:

Still Live 2012 though :p

Whenever I listen to Live 2012, I'm reminded of the best concert I've ever been to at the Hollywood Bowl. Plus, HLH, MM, and Paradise are so much better live!

(I love the knew coldplaying color scheme too)

Love the bright colours too!!!

I think they've really progressed over the years too

When I read this post, I literally colapsed, because I REALLY LOVE Live 2003: that was my first connection with Coldplay and even today, I thought it was the best live in all the history. But then, I go to the cinema and see Live 2012. It was magical, oustanding, incredible. But I still wasn't sure, so I waited until today I can see the Live 2012 again. And then, I conclude: Live 2012 is more than Live 2003, with a little pain.

I love all the 2003 stuff: whole concert, tour diary, extra angles, lyrics, and the black/white atmosphere, in addition that the interpretation of the most songs was sublime.

But I love all the colors which means MX. Better setlist, although not all inclusive (TS, DLIBYH). The band is more connected with people, they tell us and it shows (wristbands, UATW, etc.); unlike others, I loved the interviews cause all talk about how the MX idea made they better and how it grew. MX means a lot to me, specially Charlie Brown that is the best song filmed in a live to me, and it ALWAYS gives me chills.

I'm a lover of sad/black/white things, but I can't prefer a sad reminder that a happy memory, and that's the effect MX has on me: a smile.

I have particular fondness for Live 2012, simply because it shows a band who have come out of their shell and fully embraced their exuberance and joy for music! Coldplay evolution has mirrored mine on a lot of points, so that is why perhaps I can truly share in their giddiness: it´s an amazing feeling to be yourself and fully live your essence without shame, restrain embarrassment or guilt. Like MX or not, it´s Coldplay at their freest, and for me that is always a wonderful thing.

• 2 weeks later...