✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live 2003 vs Live 2012

Mollyxyloto

I'd have to say Live 2012, it just seemed more alive. I didn't like some of the effects though, but one that I really enjoyed was the lyrics popping up during DLIBYH. I also really appreciated the small excerpts of behind the scenes between every couple of songs, really showed the two sides of all the concerts they do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep making this comment about the intimacy of a gig, and how impersonal Live 2012 is, when let's face it, Coldplay are maybe the only band in the world that play a gig of that magnitude and yet still feel like they're singing to you and you alone.

Live 2012 has more variety to it, a stronger setlist and shows the band at the very peak of their live powers, for me. Would've liked Warning Sign from the Emirates (in the rain), or Don't Panic from the O2 (Johnny singing) on there, but that's just personal preference. I'm sure those preferences would have the same effect on some people as Moses and See You Soon have on me :\

People keep making this comment about the intimacy of a gig, and how impersonal Live 2012 is, when let's face it, Coldplay are maybe the only band in the world that play a gig of that magnitude and yet still feel like they're singing to you and you alone.

Live 2012 has more variety to it, a stronger setlist and shows the band at the very peak of their live powers, for me. Would've liked Warning Sign from the Emirates (in the rain), or Don't Panic from the O2 (Johnny singing) on there, but that's just personal preference. I'm sure those preferences would have the same effect on some people as Moses and See You Soon have on me :\

Moses from Live 2003 is amazing :nod: gives me goosebumps :nod:

I know what you mean, Coldplay perform to tens of thousands of fans and no matter if you're front row or at the back it still feels like they are singing it to you...

Jonny

I agree! I do not find the gig in 2012 impersonal at all! If anything, they became more personal, by involving the audience more with bracelets, confetti, etc. I think they have struck a great balance between wonderful entertainment and soulful essence!

I prefer a little more live 2003, because live 2003 shows the songs of the best album by Coldplay,AROBTTH, in my opinion with mix of big songs that i love like Trouble,and i love the documentary of the tour,but Live 2012 is beautiful ,i love the atmosphere of Coldplay show in this tour,and i love the new songs live and new version of old songs like GPASUYF,but remove the documentary and put The Scientist and DLIBYH in extras disappointed me.

I'm allowed to have my own opinion, so you can be quiet!

:nod:

--

I finally, finally decided to watch Live 2012 tonight (thanks to a certain person being all :angry: about it), and omfg. That was really quite good. I've owned Live 2003 since 2009, but haven't watched all of it.

Because of that, I went in thinking it'd be average, etc. But the film was terrific. It legitimately makes me want to watch all my concert videos and be like :sad: that it will be a while before they come back to good ol' America.

--

I finally, finally decided to watch Live 2012 tonight (thanks to a certain person being all :angry: about it), and omfg. That was really quite good. I've owned Live 2003 since 2009, but haven't watched all of it.

Because of that, I went in thinking it'd be average, etc. But the film was terrific. It legitimately makes me want to watch all my concert videos and be like :sad: that it will be a while before they come back to good ol' America.

:gorgeous:

--

:dance:

2012 for:

Its on bluray.

They have more energy.

Their more resent songs are more concert suited.

You can't think a film is inherently better because it came out on Blu Ray.

The more recent songs have more energy yes, and are better suited to huge stadiums, but they aren't better suited to 'concerts'. Some of the best concerts are quiet and tender.