Live 2003:

Pros:

-Excellent tour diary. great idea, that was so cool and cute :nice:

-Cool awesome rockish live versions of awesome songs

- More intimate and personal ---> more connection

Cons:

- Audience were waaaay not into it

- The guys didn't seem to enjoy it much, seemed nervous

- Lack of spectacularity on the show display ---> somewhat boring? (HERESYYYY I KNOW :embarrassed: )

Live 2012:

Pros:

-Awesome shots, and outsanding "show": wristbands, fireworks, stage design and confeti---->epic

-The guys enjoying themselves to the max... the happiest they've ever been, and that makes me happy too

-Rocking audience

-(personal favourite: chris's jokes, specially at the end :laugh3: :loveshower: )

Cons:

-Too big? lack of conection...

-Though interesting interviews (i've learnt a lot from them even though i keep up with news and everything that makes me a god-damned fan :nod: ) still not a tour diary... dissapointed

-RIHANNA

-RIHANNA AGAIN... GEEZ THAT SHOT WITH CHRIS :veryangry2: GET AWAY FROM HIIMMM IT'S OOURSSS!!! :shout: and gwyneth's... (you know, she has a great voice, when she said hello and laughed she seemed cool and nice, but when she got in that super-star character... annoying. and I won't forget or understand what chris said "the first person that i could think of for this song was RIHANNA... RIHANNA???? why was her the FIRST one??? :\ )

-We had great rockish versions of songs (and loved yellow's slow intro) but still a little bit popish... it's not bad at all, i just prefer rock over pop

anyway, both have pros and cons... two great dvd's

Live 2003:

Pros:

-Excellent tour diary. great idea, that was so cool and cute :nice:

-Cool awesome rockish live versions of awesome songs

- More intimate and personal ---> more connection

Cons:

- Audience were waaaay not into it

- The guys didn't seem to enjoy it much, seemed nervous

- Lack of spectacularity on the show display ---> somewhat boring? (HERESYYYY I KNOW :embarrassed: )

Live 2012:

Pros:

-Awesome shots, and outsanding "show": wristbands, fireworks, stage design and confeti---->epic

-The guys enjoying themselves to the max... the happiest they've ever been, and that makes me happy too

-Rocking audience

-(personal favourite: chris's jokes, specially at the end :laugh3: :loveshower: )

Cons:

-Too big? lack of conection...

-Though interesting interviews, still not a tour diary...

anyway, both have pros and cons... two great dvd's[/color]

I agree with this (but not the Rihanna part, I don't really care tbh :lol: and actually her appearance in the dvd is nicely done imo ):nod:

I'll add to the cons of Live 2012 the visual effects that are, at a few moments , too much, but overall I find them well done and amazing. The interview bits have some great footage but personally I haven't learned much from them and I would have loved something that seemed more intimate, with more backstage footage (something along the lines of that great moment in the Live 2003 when Guy & Chris discuss about looking like geography teachers for instance :lol: I mean you can't stage those things (or at least shouldn't), that's the idea, but it would have been nice to have some real "spontaneous" backstage stuff).

edit: Forgot one of the biggest cons of Live 2012: leaving The Scientist in the extras, when it's really one of the best songs of the entire film (not only for the performance, but also the shots, the views, that are just freakin awesome).

Overall, tough choice for me too. I don't know.

I'm all for the 2003 one :) I loved the 2012dvd but the songs in 2003 mean way more to me it feels more real and honest. I've seen coldplay live 6 times now, but it still kills me that I havent seen the AROBTTH tour :/ that was the best era for me , along with viva maybe

I wasn't sure if this was judging the concert or what's on the DVD. Figured it was the actual concert, so I went with 2012. However, 2003 wins for content. The lack of a tour diary or behind the scenes extras (not integrated) on 2012 really was a disappointment...