✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange XIV CLOSED! XVI coming soon!!! Very soon!

DiOli05

mixtapeexchange.jpg

It has become a Coldplaying tradition that every 4 months or so the World of Music holds a mixtape exchange. Over previous exchanges it has been run by many people.

The general idea that you get together a heap of songs that people may not of heard, you enjoy, that sound well together or that were just pulled out of a hat (though I don't really advise the last option); it's really up to interpretation. Basically, if you love to listen to new music and discovering new artists and genres, this is for you.

Here are the rules that mostly have been copied from the efforts of RedGirl, because they just work :P

Rules:

1. Sign up saying you want to participate - leave your name on the thread

2. When the deadline for signing up is over, you'll get a PM from me giving you the name of another participant in the Exchange. You will be making a mix for this person, whoever they may be

3. You mustn't reveal who you are making the mix for, on pain of being tickled by a thousand feathers

4. Make your mix-tape (average length is around 50-70 minutes) and delete the info for each song.

5. Upload the mix-tape to something like rapidshare and send me the link and a tracklisting. I will then send it to person assigned to you, keeping your identity a secret of course!

6. When you receive a mix-tape, listen to it, write a review and post it in this thread.

7. The person who made the mix-tape will then post the track-list and the link so everybody can download it. Simple as that.

Here are the deadlines:

Mixtape submission -23:59 GMT-5, Saturday, March 9th

Tapes will be sent to you during Sunday, March 10th :)

So any questions?

(Thanks Black Rose for the post template :lol:)

If it is the first time participating, and you are a bit clueless about what is going on (just in case), here are the five past mixtape exchanges threads:

13th Mixtape Exchange

12th Mixtape Exchange

11th Mixtape Exchange

10th Mixtape Exchange

9th Mixtape Exchange

Participants

Cyan Kat

Tnspieler1012

Alien Radio

for Violet

Mrk

The Final Track

Linus71

Italian Plastic

squareonefivesix

R_Burns

Crests

Violet

Coldplay

coldlocked

dreamorlife

Wyrd

DiOli05

Ouch

TracieMorgan

Black Rose

RazorEye

Nattatouille

Prospector

djibou

taameen**sparks**

Deirdre

YellowTeardrops13

vivacleve

Emma.gillard

Maple

johnnb20

MIXTAPE LINKS, REVIEWS AND TRACKLISTS :dance:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH YEEEEEAH. /KoolAidMan.

Sign me up. Yes, please, and thank you.

Been away from coldplaying for aaaages and missed the last few of these. Totally comin' back for this one :D

Bung me name down please

PAULAAAAA! :cheesy: Hello, and welcome back! You have been missed, particularly during the exchanges. :hug:

I don't think it has to be 'new' music in the sense of just being released just this year or whatever. From what I guessed from the last time, there were quite some classics, but really underground-kind-of-thing classics in there, so I guess it just has to be 'new' to whomever you send your mixtape :)

nah nvm i dont wanna do this :uhoh: i'll be too busy :nice:

:( Ok, i took you out of the list :(

I haven't done one in ages, so I'm a little out of touch. What do you mean 'delete the info for each song'? I think I understand, but just want to be sure. And does it have to be new music, or just new to the listener? Count me in!

Meaning that once you have done your playlist, try to copy the files into a new folder, and erase their info (name, artist, album, artwork and such), and put their names as the order in your playlist (track 1, track 2, etc.)

And it can be whatever you want. You can put your favorite songs in there, and such. A lot of people have done themed playlists, so it is all up to you. The point of it is to have people discover new music to them, so just keep that in mind :)

I don't think it has to be 'new' music in the sense of just being released just this year or whatever. From what I guessed from the last time, there were quite some classics, but really underground-kind-of-thing classics in there, so I guess it just has to be 'new' to whomever you send your mixtape :)

Exactly :)

happy to plug XIV as much as is required... how much is required?

:thinking:... plug?