✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which music award would you most like to win?

I always like the mercury awards. For the most part I really admire the artists who are nominated, so it would be very awesome to win one of those.

Ya know, if I was anyway musically talented :laugh3:

I'd least like to win an NME award, haha.

Nice choice, especially shunning NME award.

The only thing about winning the Mercury prize is it's supposed to be unlucky.

It's nice to win an award, but I'd rather people tell me how great I am on a daily basis of my musical talents. Which is what people usually are told before having an award. Basically its overrated and its just a random metal object that you get by opinions of people who they think are "the masters of what is talent". Talent is also overrated.

I enjoy watching the Grammys (and make Dee watch them with me) and sometimes I cry when people I admire win awards but not because they won them but because they were even nominated or are even on tv by doing something they love. And then all of the popular artist of the year are all together and they take music really serious for that night. Sadly most of the performances suck but its the thought that counts for me.

In short, I don't care.

The only thing about winning the Mercury prize is it's supposed to be unlucky.

Really? I've never heard that! :surprised:

I was thinking Mercury award, but winning a Brit or a Grammy would still be cool (even though they are a bit less meaningful these days). I like to think of NME awards as sort of joke awards, so winning one of those would be something to laugh about at least.

I suppose the Grammy's are typically recognised as the biggest, so dat. Though altogether they're all pretty irrelevant.

I heard the Grammy's got really bad rep these days. I've never watched or followed it though. I know they recently dropped their Best Rock Instrumental award. That's lame.

Preferred to win - Grammy. It's universal, not specific to artists from a certain country or continent.

Least preferred - NME award. Yay, I won a fan-voted award because all my fans are 12-year-olds who have no lives and all ditch school to spend 24 hours a day spamming a poll on NME's website. No thanks. Well, unless it's the "Hottest Male" award. I'll gladly accept that one. :cool:

I heard the Grammy's got really bad rep these days. I've never watched or followed it though. I know they recently dropped their Best Rock Instrumental award. That's lame.

I remember the Simpsons made fun of it 20 years ago, sorry for the Spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuUa7c5MDtw

Homer gives the Grammy to the room service guy as a tip because he doesn't have money, room service guy is excited until he realises it's a Grammy, throws it into the street, and some guy tells them not to throw their trash into the street so he throws it back.

I watched the Grammy's for the first time this year, and it's kindof hard to put into words how ridiculous and random the whole affair seemed. There's a general consensus that it's simply down to the most popular who wins, and that's true in some categories however it's like they try to mix it up with some "critically acclaimed" less popular artist who isn't actually critically acclaimed at all, but only in the minds of whatever out of touch middle-aged white guys think is hip with the kids nowadays.

Can't be as hard as with Eurovision though. :no:

Eurovisions hilarious though.

Even a nomination for the Mercury Prize would be amazing. Otherwise the Polaris Music Prize (Nordic musicians) would be great, and the NME one not at all (the acutal prize is so ugly).

It seems like most wouldn't like an NME award and I agree, it's meaningless and more superficial than any other award, they have a freakin Cool List every year for gods sake.