✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

Hey welcome back! :cheesy:

It may leak before, but the release is in only 8 days so personally I'm okay with the wait :lol:

Thank you! It´s so good to be back. I missed you guys and I hope to be able to stick around a bit longer, but yeah one never knows with what happens IRL :(

Yes I should learn to be patient haha What are your predictions about the song? Low-key acoustic or something a bit more up tempo? Considering the previous Hunger Games soundtrack it can go both ways, but I think it´s probably gonna be very atmospheric.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think it may be low-key at the beginning, leading up to a "big" finale. Something Coldplay would do and something you'd hear in that kind of movie as well I guess. Also I have a feeling it'll be piano based.

I'm not good at predictions :lol:

Anyone familiar with the previous Hunger Games soundtrack? I bought both Arcade Fire,Maroon 5 and Taylor Swift, so there is a wide range of music in it, however what all the songs had in common was a haunting quality to them...by the way it is an excellent soundtrack! :)

The beginning may sound Christmas Lights esque. Just sing the first couple of lines like Christmas Lights:

Some saw the sun....Christmas Night

Some saw the smoke....another fight

Some heard the gun....Tears we cried, a flood

yada yad yada.....

And I think the 'sometimes the wire must tense for the note' line is when it picks up and BOOM! Big chorus, 'Oh I'm about to explode!' The music dies back down while Chris sings 'carry your world, I'll carry your world' and back to verse.

The beginning may sound Christmas Lights esque. Just sing the first couple of lines like Christmas Lights:

Some saw the sun....Christmas Night

Some saw the smoke....another fight

Some heard the gun....Tears we cried, a flood

yada yad yada.....

And I think the 'sometimes the wire must tense for the note' line is when it picks up and BOOM! Big chorus, 'Oh I'm about to explode!' The music dies back down while Chris sings 'carry your world, I'll carry your world' and back to verse.

I agree, that's how I imagine it too :nod:
Have you heard the rumour about a collaboration between coldplay and Taylor Swift on Atlas? :inquisitive:
I was going to say that this would be weird, but then I remembered Princess of China....and the fact that Chris & Gwyneth are friends with her or something like that. :| Still, though, if there was a collaboration of some sort, I think they would have said it right away when they announced Atlas.

Thinking about it again, given the stakes, financially, it would have been more logical of them to announce the collaboration right away, if there actually was one. The song would have benefited a bigger build-up. So, again, my guess is that there's no collaboration, or at least not with her. And I agree with Tash.

Have you heard the rumour about a collaboration between coldplay and Taylor Swift on Atlas? :inquisitive:

That's not a rumor. Its stupid. People are just making this connection since T swift had a hit song on the last sound track

Hopefully any time Chris spent with her was to say, "Look, you're not talented like the guys and I are, please stop this nonsense music you're doing!"

That does not sound like something Chris would say :no:

Even though I agree with it :lol:

POST 9000 [/color][/b] dedicated to my excitement of the release of Atlas :P

Congratulations! That´s SO many posts! haha You ´re a super fan :)

Source? I personally highly doubt it. Also Taylor Swift is unlikely to appear AGAIN on the soundtrack, having already contributed two songs in the previous instalment.

Been AGES since I´ve visited this fine forum...life keeping me busy :( However I am SO excited about Atlas release!

Do you guys think it´s gonna leak before? When it comes to good music, I am always impatient :P

Welcome back!!

The longer we have to wait, the more Awesome people will come back to the forum, so I'm happy to wait the 8 days!