✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlas by Dave DeRose - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack - YouTube[/ame] (just instrumental) with the tags atlas and hunger games on its title... Try to put the lyrics and sound altogheter....... What do you think? Does this sound a little Coldplayish???

Hmmmm sounds good, but I doubt this is it. It almost sounds too much like Coldplay. Might be that there's an instrumental with the same name. Skyfall's soundtrack for example had the song 'Skyfall' by Adele, as well as 'Skyfall' the instrumental by Thomas Newman.

One thing I love about how this song its being released is that there weren't weeks of teasers or hints or anything. Just BOOM we've got a new song in 2 weeks. That's more like it!

Hmmmm sounds good, but I doubt this is it. It almost sounds too much like Coldplay. Might be that there's an instrumental with the same name. Skyfall's soundtrack for example had the song 'Skyfall' by Adele, as well as 'Skyfall' the instrumental by Thomas Newman.

One thing I love about how this song its being released is that there weren't weeks of teasers or hints or anything. Just BOOM we've got a new song in 2 weeks. That's more like it!

Yeah, its pretty funny how every fan is guessing how the song will be like. Some say that its fast, others that slow like UATW.. I think it'll be something like Shiver or 42, but the "Ooh's" just don't make sense or fits for me hahahaha

Atlas by Dave DeRose - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack - YouTube[/url] (just instrumental) with the tags atlas and hunger games on its title... Try to put the lyrics and sound altogheter....... What do you think? Does this sound a little Coldplayish???

I don't think this is the actual song but I guess the base shall be the same. Like what Hans Zimmer does in Chevaliers de Sangreal, 503, God Particle, and so on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5FyRZbqfeM]Hans Zimmer - Chevaliers de Sangreal - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMyT-Zuuy3w]503 - Hans Zimmer [Angels & Demons] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=572CmMA6-Rk]"God Particle" by Hans Zimmer (Angels & Demons Sountrack) - YouTube[/ame]

I am hearing Chris on a piano, and strings in the background by David Rossi. Or I wish I am hearing that.

If this would be Atlas, it is for me, song of the year. :wink3: Reminds me of Paradise at some points.

If you look at the details in the youtube share link, it says this:

Atlas by Dave DeRose - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack

Score written for the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Downloads available upon request at [email protected] Disclaimer: Fan Made Dave DeRose © 2013

So I think it's just wishful thinking that it actually has anything to do with the movie.

As I already said, there will probably be several fan made submissions over the next two weeks since there is a facebook group calling for them and awarding a prize to whomever guesses closest, so I wouldn't get your hopes up based on Anything you find on youtube.

Having said that, David is probably right in guessing it will have an epic, orchastrated feel since That's the kind of film it's made for. Despite my wanting something striiped down, it makes sense.

If you look at the details in the youtube share link, it says this:

Atlas by Dave DeRose - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack

Score written for the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Downloads available upon request at [email protected] Disclaimer: Fan Made Dave DeRose © 2013

So I think it's just wishful thinking that it actually has anything to do with the movie.

Yeah, it's fan made :/ James Newton Howard will do the score for the film.

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!!!!!

:D

This news is almost as thrilling to me as it was to see you guys playing The Albert Hall, and certainly equals your final competition before you were signed. Take a moment and look back at where you started. I recall that someone once thought that the name Coldplay wouldn't be received well because it was a 'cold' name :-) Guys, on Novemebr 22, 2013, your hard work will pay-off as you see Coldplay become immortalised. Whether the film is a success or not, people will remember the song :-D I cannot tell you how excited I am to read this news. I am slightly in tears as I write as there are two people I know of who can't celebrate this amazing news, both of whom would have been so incredibly proud of what the five of you have achieved in such a comparatively short space of time. It seems to me that every time you produce an album it sets yet another record for you all, the only thing I am waiting for now is for the world music organisations to declare that Coldplay has overtaken The Beetles, The Stones, U2 and R.E.M. I firmly believe that the accolade is soon to come.

Keep going and thank you for the great entertainment!

:D

Seriously? I don't think making a song for a movie is what Coldplay will be remembered for, let alone make them go into some kind of hall of fame. Paul McCartney made a song for a James Bond movie (which is a lot more popular than The Hunger Games), but that's not what he is remembered for, is it?

Seriously? I don't think making a song for a movie is what Coldplay will be remembered for, let alone make them go into some kind of hall of fame. Paul McCartney made a song for a James Bond movie (which is a lot more popular than The Hunger Games), but that's not what he is remembered for, is it?

I personally feel that Coldplay beats Paul McCartney hands down. As for the movie, as I said, it makes no difference what the movie is or what success it has, Coldplay's music is memorable and they may forget the film, but will remember the music. That's all I mean by what I said. I may be wrong, we shall see. If I am, I'll buy you a drink.

I personally feel that Coldplay beats Paul McCartney hands down. As for the movie, as I said, it makes no difference what the movie is or what success it has, Coldplay's music is memorable and they may forget the film, but will remember the music. That's all I mean by what I said. I may be wrong, we shall see. If I am, I'll buy you a drink.

1314029819767.png

You know you're just lying to yourself, right? Right??

The Beetles?

This made me grin since my band is called The Beegle Incident mis-spelled as areversal of the Beatles spelling, lol..

Back on topic. I think it's wonderful to see Someone so proud of the guys. But I think they've already made their mark on music History to come. Whether they will be remembered alongside the Beatles, Stones etc. remains to be seen. But it could happen.:)