✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

If you take a look at the handwritten lyrics by Chris, you'll find a symbol to the song. A man carrying the world on his hands. This is what Atlas means in Greek mythology. It makes sense to what Chris has written; "Carry your world, I'll carry your world"

Genius.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Coldplay pulls a Taylor Swift from the first soundtrack and ends up contributing TWO songs for the album?!? :shocked2:

I'm pretty sure I would have to buy some new boxers if that happened...

I don't like the implications here...

I've spent all day basically trying to imagine what sound they're going to go for... Paradise and PoC were both pop songs, but I can't imagine this song following that direction. I'd love it if it had dramatic strings like Moving to Mars.

Also I think if this song charts well that Coldplay will have a shot at an Oscar... they certainly won't have as much competition as there was for this year's Oscar, I think :thinking:

I've spent all day basically trying to imagine what sound they're going to go for... Paradise and PoC were both pop songs, but I can't imagine this song following that direction. I'd love it if it had dramatic strings like Moving to Mars.

Also I think if this song charts well that Coldplay will have a shot at an Oscar... they certainly won't have as much competition as there was for this year's Oscar, I think :thinking:

Yeah, Adele's song was pretty great, it was the winning song at the Golden Globes, the Brit Awards and the Academy Awards. PoC was nominated for British Single too at the Brit Awards though :)

I don't like the implications here...

I'm not implying that Coldplay is similar to Taylor Swift...at all. I'm just saying, Coldplay will most likely be the biggest name on the list of bands/artists contributing to the Catching Fire soundtrack. If they're going the same route as the first soundtrack, then we might be getting two Coldplay songs instead of just the one.

And come on, two new songs by Coldplay are better than one! :)

I'm not implying that Coldplay is similar to Taylor Swift...at all. I'm just saying, Coldplay will most likely be the biggest name on the list of bands/artists contributing to the Catching Fire soundtrack. If they're going the same route as the first soundtrack, then we might be getting two Coldplay songs instead of just the one.

No, no. I mean this VVV

I'm pretty sure I would have to buy some new boxers if that happened...

I love your thinking and I think that would be awesome but don't you thin we would now by now if they were having 2 songs?

Can I ask everyone a question about Atlas,

if you found out a leak came through would you listen to it, or would you wait until its official release?

I would definitely listen to it. What's the point of waiting?