✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What makes you feel "old"

Liam

Is it me or does every kid these days have a smart phone too? i never even got a pc until i was 13/14

Meh. I got my first mobile when I was about 12 or 13? I've never seen children with their own smart phone, and usually if they're playing with one or an iPad it's their parent's whom is somewhere nearby. Maybe that's cultural differences though.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a kid with their own mobile full stop. Maybe I'm missing something here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel old :D

But I found this file and I thought you might like it. I did my best to translate it into English; have fun reading it:

Submitted letter ( anonymous ) :

" Wimps ! "

Born in the years 1950/1960/1970 ? ? ?

Were you born before 1978 ? ? ? further Reading

If you were born after 1978: Beat it ... YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!

How the hell we may as births in the 50 to 70s , still live ?

According to the theories in 2008 we should be dead already Why ? Read only !

We were sitting in cars without safety seats , seat belts or airbags .

Our beds and toys were painted with paint full of lead and cadmium .

At the top of the stairs there was no gate, who went too far just tumbled down.

If you woke up in bed no-one would hear that , and if there was something, you had to shout loud before your parents noticed .

Bottles with hazardous substances and all pharmacy bottles we could just open with our bare hands and limited skills .

Gates and doors were closed , and when you stick your fingers in , they were gone .

On the bike you sat back with your butt on the carrier and tried to hold on to the coil springs of the saddle befor you.

A helmet, we did not even have a moped , let alone on a bike .

We drank water from the tap , not from a bottle .

Color and flavorings must have existed even then , because that red , green or yellow as lemonade we had then, you really do not see them anymore.

You put your chewing gum in the evening on the nightstand and put it in the morning back in your mouth .

At school they had only one size couch and sometimes there was such a wonderful hazardous valve in it.

Shoes were usually already been commissioned by brother , sister , nephew or niece , and your bike was either too large or too small .

A bike had no gears and if you had a flat tire , your father taught you as soon as possible to paste it yourself.

We went in the morning away from home and we came back when the streetlights came on. No one knew where we were in the meantime and we had no cell phone with us! ! !

The woods or a park was a place to play and no dirty male gathering place .

When we went to a boyfriend , you just ran towards; you did not have to call and just went to the back door. You didn’t have to make an appointment and there was no adult with you.

We then ate cookies and even got bread with lots of butter and were still not fat.

We drank from the same bottle as our friends and nobody got sick .

We did not have a Wii , Playstation, Nintendo , X-box , 64 television channels , videos , DVD , surround sound , private televisions, computer or internet . We had friends ! ! !

The television station started at 18:00. Then came an hour wit some fun for kids and oh woe if you then dared to stand up to push ( which were then attached to the unit ) a button for a different station

Father decided what and how long you watched tv.

We have cut ourseves , broke bones , teeth fallen out , and nobody here was dragged to court. Those were just accidents , and sometimes you even got an extra spanking for it .

We fought and sometimes we hit eachother green and blue , there was no adult who was worried about was , let alone that you started wearing a ladybug on your coat .

Pedagogically sound toys we made ourselves , we turned balls with sticks , we built soap boxes and noticed the bottom of the mountain that we had forgotten the brake .

We played football in the street , and only those who were good enough could play alomg. The others had to keep looking and learning to deal with disappointment .

Also there were stupid kids at school.

They went and came at the same time as us and got the same lessons .

They sometimes took a class a year again and there were no discussions about at PTA meetings . The Master was always right .

We rubbed our own sandwiches , with adults-knives , and if you had forgotten that, there wan nothing to buy at school ! ! !

If you did not eat the crusts you were more hungry for the rest of the day .

Twix was just another “Raider” and M & M’s were 'our' Smarties

We went by bicycle to school , all by itself , even in winter ! ! !

If you had caused trouble your parents agreed with the police.

They came to pick you up, but not to speak you free . Our actions have consequences.

That was clear and you could not hide.

And if your mother at the door waved at you if they took you to the corner of the street, you were a wimp ! ! !

We had freedom , failure , success and responsibility .

We must learn to deal with it .

Our generation has produced many people who can solve problems, innovative and engaged while daring to take risks and be responsible for the consequences .

Are you a member ? ? ?

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! ! WE ARE HEROES ! ! !

Born after 1978 ? ? ?

STUBBORN AS HELL AND STILL READING ON HE

BUT NOW YOU KNOW – LITTLE WIMPS- WHO YOUR HEROES ARE ! !

• 4 weeks later...

pretty much everyone on tumblr is 14-16 and i feel weird about it

i keep forgetting that i'm allowed to actually do things like buy cigarettes and if i wanted i could hitchhike and go anywhere and nobody could actually stop me??? which isn't really what the thread meant, probably, but whatever

also there are users who do not remember the lounge games being separate from the rest of the lounge which is a dumb thing to even think about but hey