✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[05 May 2014] Meet up thread for Beacon Theatre, New York.

Sparky

This is a community hosted event, unless anyone wants to take charge of the meeting times and places.

Simply let us know if you are going, if you plan on meeting up early, let us know where you will be and what time then keep others updated throughout the day and basically find each other through this thread.

Have a great time everyone :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can meet up wherever and whenever! :) I get there on May 2nd at 9pm, and am leaving on Tuesday at 1pm, so I'm pretty much free all weekend. Probably going to the Met and MoMA at some point, and some other places as well, anyone is welcome to tag along :)

I'll definitely be there! My flight gets in at 3:30 the day of the show, so I'll probably get to the venue between 4-5. We can meet around the theatre and grab some lunch before the show.

Sounds great! There's a restaurant I've been meaning to go to, it's called BBQ's, maybe we can go there! Although I might be too nervous to eat before the show :P

I'll be training it up from DC as well Monday afternoon...we have tickets to the 9pm show.

I sent you a msg earlier today. Did you get it? I had a ticket for 9 pm show but have it up for 5 hoping my husband could go with me but couldn't get 2nd ticket. Email me if u have a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Where did you all want to meet up? General consensus so far has been near the venue, I'm open to anything so it doesn't really matter to me, just whatever is convenient for you guys!

Also, where is everyone staying? If you're planning on staying in a hotel, I definitely recommend staying in North Bergen NJ and then taking a cab or shuttle over. It's going to save you a LOT of money. Just a little pro-tip :)

I'm staying at the airport :P I'm flying back to Florida a couple hours after the show because I have work the next day, haha. So, I'll just nap at the terminal and in my flight.

What I'm thinking right now is we meet at the venue and from there go somewhere that's walking distance. But if anyone has a better idea, feel free to throw it out there.

I sent you a msg earlier today. Did you get it? I had a ticket for 9 pm show but have it up for 5 hoping my husband could go with me but couldn't get 2nd ticket. Email me if u have a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get your note...I will definitely write you back soon.

IDEAS ANYONE? I"m going to 5 pm show and taking the train from DC. However, I have to carry my laptop and I am trying to figure out where I might be able to leave it during the show since I have a bad neck (you wouldn't know that from my dancing at Coldplay concerts lol…any ideas other than a small backpack?

IDEAS ANYONE? I"m going to 5 pm show and taking the train from DC. However, I have to carry my laptop and I am trying to figure out where I might be able to leave it during the show since I have a bad neck (you wouldn't know that from my dancing at Coldplay concerts lol…any ideas other than a small backpack?

Honestly, either a small backpack, or just leaving it at home (I know how that decision goes, I'm bringing my laptop too, but I'm staying with a friend). You will probably get held up in line if you bring the backpack, which honestly isn't THAT big of a deal since it's seated, but the sooner you get in there, the better, in my opinion, since you never know if you'll need time to go for a bathroom break or have a look at the merch before the show. :)

Flying in Monday morning. Plan on going to both shows. Christa will be meeting me to go to the 9pm show. Probably chill at that little park like area near 72nd St. Subway station between shows.

Sweet, I know which park you're talking about. I'm going to the 9pm show as well.

Hey I knew I'd see you in NYC. I'll be at the 9pm show...I'll keep an eye out for you. Safe travels.

Flying in Monday morning. Plan on going to both shows. Christa will be meeting me to go to the 9pm show. Probably chill at that little park like area near 72nd St. Subway station between shows.

Honestly, either a small backpack, or just leaving it at home (I know how that decision goes, I'm bringing my laptop too, but I'm staying with a friend). You will probably get held up in line if you bring the backpack, which honestly isn't THAT big of a deal since it's seated, but the sooner you get in there, the better, in my opinion, since you never know if you'll need time to go for a bathroom break or have a look at the merch before the show. :)

Might check the venue website or call to be sure they don't have restrictions on bags.

Might check the venue website or call to be sure they don't have restrictions on bags.

Beacon Policies and Amenities:

Bag Searches: The Beacon Theatre asks all guests to arrive early and travel light. All persons and bags are subject to search. Bags that have passed inspection must fit comfortably under your seat. Oversized bags are prohibited. The Beacon Theatre does not provide an area to check bags, coats or any other personal belongings. We are not responsible for any property that is lost, stolen, or damaged.

Beacon Policies and Amenities:

Bag Searches: The Beacon Theatre asks all guests to arrive early and travel light. All persons and bags are subject to search. Bags that have passed inspection must fit comfortably under your seat. Oversized bags are prohibited. The Beacon Theatre does not provide an area to check bags, coats or any other personal belongings. We are not responsible for any property that is lost, stolen, or damaged.

I'd probably have a fairly small Incase laptop book bag with a change of clothes inside of it since I may not be able to drop off my bag before the concert. Hopefully that would be ok since I'm sure it would fit under the chair no problem.