✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Critic ratings.

Kingzilla

I don't know if I'd call knowing the exact release date of an album an important factor in a critical analysis. :lol:

Seriously though, who cares. I didn't read a thing about Mylo Xyloto after it came out, never felt a need to, and I'm sure the relationship I grew to have with that album was probably better for it. I didn't even realize until recently that it wasn't as well-received critically as Viva La Vida had been. Any album that's not AROBTTH is always gonna have a few people saying "THIS REKERD IS TEH SUXORS, BURN IT!!!!". I dig Ghost Stories, and right now that's all I'm concerned with. Be merry!

i agree with you on all points. :) but i think what he wants to point out is the fact that that particular critic did not really made a sufficent research about ghost stories. he cannot even get his facts straight. so from a journalistic point of you, that critic somewhat lacks credibility. :) my opinion though, :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you on all points. :) but i think what he wants to point out is the fact that that particular critic did not really made a sufficent research about ghost stories. he cannot even get his facts straight. so from a journalistic point of you, that critic somewhat lacks credibility. :) my opinion though, :)

Fair enough. I'd still call it a minor detail when it basically comes down to a person judging something they're hearing, but I see your point. Maybe he went through some sort of accelerated Journalism for Clowns program? There's a closet full of big, floppy shoes in that house, man. I can feel it.

Fair enough. I'd still call it a minor detail when it basically comes down to a person judging something they're hearing, but I see your point. Maybe he went through some sort of accelerated Journalism for Clowns program? There's a closet full of big, floppy shoes in that house, man. I can feel it.

i think i have read an article where, most music labels send albums to critics at least one month early so that they can make a review. they say that most major music critics listen to the track over and over again so that they can have a definite judgment about the songs. the wisdom in it is that, we cannot judge a song based on one or 2 listens only :)

Is that last review forreal?

I posted this on the other thread on that review, I'll do it here too:

He probably got bullied by Chris in primary school :L I cannot see how you can hate a band so much. I think we have the definition of a computer-nazi and a showboater wanting to get attention by forcing as much hate-infused, narcisstic shit out of his extremely tight arsehole as he can :lol: Just smile and wave, Coldplay, just smile and wave...

Never in human f***ing history, since fish first slithered onto the f***ing land and sprouted limbs has there been a more nondescript f***ing decade than the f***ing Noughties and never has there been a more nondescript f***ing group than those gelatinous c***lords Coldplay! They made Dido sound like Bessie f***ing Smith! They filled the giant f***ing void in pop culture in the early 21st century because they are a giant f***ing void! Somehow, Martin’s knack for trudging up and down a keyboard like a middle aged man in f***ing chinos strolling to the f***ing corner shop to buy the f***ing Daily Express while singing like he’d just been kneed in the f***ing bollocks caught the zeitgeist of the dullest, do-nothing, think-wishfully generation of all f***ing time! In the rock & roll hall of fame they sit near the f***ing exit like a f***ing birch veneer occasional f***ing table! Getting excited about f***ing Coldplay is like getting excited about the f***ing Liberal Democrat Spring conference!

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review

wtf.gif

Never in human f***ing history, since fish first slithered onto the f***ing land and sprouted limbs has there been a more nondescript f***ing decade than the f***ing Noughties and never has there been a more nondescript f***ing group than those gelatinous c***lords Coldplay! They made Dido sound like Bessie f***ing Smith! They filled the giant f***ing void in pop culture in the early 21st century because they are a giant f***ing void! Somehow, Martin’s knack for trudging up and down a keyboard like a middle aged man in f***ing chinos strolling to the f***ing corner shop to buy the f***ing Daily Express while singing like he’d just been kneed in the f***ing bollocks caught the zeitgeist of the dullest, do-nothing, think-wishfully generation of all f***ing time! In the rock & roll hall of fame they sit near the f***ing exit like a f***ing birch veneer occasional f***ing table! Getting excited about f***ing Coldplay is like getting excited about the f***ing Liberal Democrat Spring conference!

wtf.gif

tumblr_n5mqshttYs1rwm836o4_250.gif

looks like somebody didn't take their pills today.

I personally dont believe critics they are so cynical i wont believe any of the ratings even if they are positive because this people are frustrated musicians so i dont care.

Guest howyousawtheworld

wtf.gif

Ahhh! Mr Agreeable - a parody writer (aka David Stubbs) once of Melody Maker fame. I do like inventive swearing but it's not quite Viz or Malcolm Tucker so it's kind of dated....in Mr Agreeable's sense at least 20 years out of date.

Bizarrely Stubbs has also written a biography on the footballer and pundit of Sky Sports Saturday football wankathon, Charlie Nicholas. I'm a massive football reader but for those who don't know let's just say Charlie Nicholas isn't exactly Ronaldo. Can't wait for his biog on tortured tv superstar Keith Chegwin.

http://www.welt.de/kultur/pop/article127964565/Als-wuerden-Wale-um-Gwyneth-weinen.html

13.05.14 / Coldplay

As (if) whales would cry for Gwyneth

The British band Coldplay releases their sixth album "Ghost Stories". It is about pain in connection with separation, comfort/consolation, and tattoos. It also sounds like that: A warm sensual bath in nine new songs.

By Frédéric Schwilden (translated by Nancy Boysen)

Chris Martin is a genius/prodigy. Because his very emotional lyrics has not made it to the important libraries in the world so far, then Coldplay’s lyricist and singer has come up with something very exciting. He has simply made sure that the lyrics of the nine songs off the new album "Ghost Stories" were put/let into books in libraries. The lyrics of "Another's Arms" was found in the Singapore National Library.

"Magic" in turn was deposited in the Vasconcelos Library in Mexico City. By his marketing team that had left the handwritten lines in books with ghost stories. And of course the fans should look for the lyrics.

And, as in Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", together with the lyrics there was a golden ticket inviting the finder and a companion to London to attend a Coldplay concert in the Royal Albert Hall. Whether the finder wants to or not, he/she now has to go to London and listen to Coldplay for more than one hour.

How we would like to feel

"Ghost Stories" is Coldplay’s sixth album. Coldplay is the band to rely on if you are a film maker looking for a song for some credits, for some scene, in which some sad person is looking out of the window. Coldplay was also used by the Sopranos. And the British band even received a Hollywood Film Award for their song "Atlas" written particularly for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".

Coldplay continue to make ambient music for the big and small moments in the life of people placing their feelings/emotions above everything, and who think that they are so important that they believe that Wong Kar-Wai would make a movie about their history with the title "My Blueberry Nights 2.0".

Chris Martin again thinks that he is so important that he believes that the end of his relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow should be the theme of an entire album. "Ghost Stories" is a concept album about a man who processes the dramatic and sudden end of his relationship.

Love is a Bob Dylan tattoo

Therefore "Ghost Stories" begins with an impressively ethereal guitar played by Johnny Buckland and Chris Martin’s sleepy breathy lines: "I think of you/ I haven't slept/ I think I do, but/ I don't forget/ my body moves/ goes where I will/ but though I try my heart stays still." The singer seems to have been very sad, and even though he has tried all sorts of distractions, his heart still hangs on his Gwyn.

"You're always in my head", Chris sings. After ten year’s marriage Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow are now separated. The magazine "Gala" also knows why. They are "just too different," the magazine reported citing an "insider from the circle of acquaintances”.

So romantic, so timeless classic "Ghost Stories" might sound, by name, just by European tales of white women, the wild hunt, of Will-o'-the dissuade who dissuades the drunken wanderer at night from the road, so modern is "Ghost Stories" after all. The greatest proof of love of modernity is finally the tattoo. "Got a tattoo that said 2gether thru life," it says in the song "Ink". And you imagine this couple, he in his late thirties, she in her early forties, and on their arms they have had this line tattooed / inked because of a Bob Dylan album entitled "Together Through Life".

In the sky is fun fair (carnival)

With "Magic" Coldplay has really written another grandiose single. The polyphonic, moving bass riff is minimalistic, just tender. In the background cool drums. "Magic" is actually no Coldplay song. No bombast, no tinsel, just a song. What a song!

For "A Sky Full of Stars" Martin sits down at the piano again. “You're a sky full of stars”, he sings, then followed by the Euro Dance synthesizer that sounds like a thunderstorm of steel. If this song had participated at the Euro Vision Song Contest, then it would have got a high ranking. But upon listening to it, you wonder if Coldplay really wanted to write the dodgems anthem for the opening of the carnival/funfair season.

You cannot imagine that Martin tinkers with Buckland in the rehearsal room, and then Buckland says, as he has just found this Eurosound: "So, Ladies and Gentlemen, here we go. With 120 km/h we catapult you to the south. Up(wards) it goes. The chips in the scooter, und off goes the ride!" It must have been different. But probably it was like this.

Lyrics like "Twilight" dialogues

"Ghost Stories" is not scary, it is just incredibly tiring. Lyrics like Twilight dialogues – "In the darkness before the dawn" – complement each other with this Coldplay sound that always sounds as if the band would write the soundtrack for the new, so far unreleased and for a long time deemed-as-lost Jacques Cousteau film "Humpback Whales - Gentle giants of the Sea".

Always so hard floating. Now and then Martin’s head voice, like the song of the diving mammal he echoes bubbling through the Mariana Trench. Some say that the origin of our world lies in the singing of the whales, you can hear the Fibonacci sequence and even the number Pi out there, that is the natural variables that let us be humans.

But finally whale song is just whale song. And no matter how long you listen to Chris Martin sing, it does not make you understand the world.

Coldplay: "Ghost Stories" (Parlophone) released on 16.05 (in Germany).