✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Critic ratings.

Kingzilla

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was more of mainstream criticism, which would explain the negativity of them reviewers but not for Billboard, those boys totally understand the purpose of Ghost Stories, thus giving GS a fair positive 85/100. Check out the review, they totally understand!

A few things that I have noticed over the years about Coldplay reviews…

01) It almost seems like some critics are afraid to give a Coldplay album too good of a review as if it will hurt their credibility in some a way. A lot of the time the review itself is way more positive then the rating they give it indicates. More then once I have read what seems like a glowing review only to get to the bottom and see they gave the record an average three out of five stars.

02) Critics always seem to want the exact opposite of what the current album is. All I read in the MX reviews was that they wanted the band to return to the low key sounds of the Parachutes era and now that they have I’m reading a lot of critics saying they are missing the bombast of the previous album. The real interesting thing is that it almost seems like this makes them like the previous album more then they did before in contrast.

03) I don’t care too much about what critics say…

01) It almost seems like some critics are afraid to give a Coldplay album too good of a review as if it will hurt their credibility in some a way. A lot of the time the review itself is way more positive then the rating they give it indicates. More then once I have read what seems like a glowing review only to get to the bottom and see they gave the record an average three out of five stars.

02) Critics always seem to want the exact opposite of what the current album is. All I read in the MX reviews was that they wanted the band to return to the low key sounds of the Parachutes era and now that they have I’m reading a lot of critics saying they are missing the bombast of the previous album. The real interesting thing is that it almost seems like this makes them like the previous album more then they did before in contrast.

I agree 100%. It sucks its like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's a fair assessment. That said the world of music journalism has lessened drastically in recent years. The rise of the internet, blogging and the ability to listen to any music we want at the click of a button (thanks to Spotify and Youtube) has seen a rise in pseudo journalism/intellectuals who present themselves as all knowing individuals. However in reality, behind the computer screen, what are they but meek and meaningless individuals contributing to the ever increasing and pointless saturation of the internet. Their voice, which they want to be desperately heard, is lost in the murmur of pointless guff that is spouted.

Really, if they should have a rotten tomatoes like system for music ratings. Have it like metacritic, but also have a separate rating for the big music magazines like NME, rolling stone, and others. Because majority have given Coldplay 6-8/10.

Yeah I gotta say, I love ASFOS, but I hope this teaches the guys, Chris especially to stick to the band instead of doing all these collaborations! The live version is 100 times better cause it's not so over produced and well, not so generic sounding. That being said I think it still fits nicely in the context of the album

Guest kmm1482
A Sky Full of Stars is getting slaughtered, deservedly.

Just not a good song. This is the first time I've ever replaced a track with another so I never have to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The review from Allmusic (the all encompassing music encyclopedia) is in. 4/5 stars. As ever with allmusic it's a thoroughly professional and eloquent review. A rarity somewhat.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/ghost-stories-mw0002630894

I liked this

Often, it feels like the lament of the sensitive soul who just had his heart broken but won't let his pain detract him from picking up that pretty girl at the end of the bar.

Yeah I gotta say, I love ASFOS, but I hope this teaches the guys, Chris especially to stick to the band instead of doing all these collaborations! The live version is 100 times better cause it's not so over produced and well, not so generic sounding. That being said I think it still fits nicely in the context of the album

Chris has already said he doesn't care what anyone thinks, so I don't think some negative critic reviews will change his taste.