✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories by the numbers

Mackplay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Stories is down to #2 in the UK charts on the 2nd week but has sold 75,000 copies, higher than MX's 2nd week sales (considerably higher as Buzzjack music forums claimed), great sales :D

A Sky Full of Stars is up 1 place to #14 in the UK thanks to the Graham Norton effect! :)

Also #1 in Czech Republic and Chile.

Ghost Stories is still #1 in many countries where it went #1 last week.

It will also stay #1 in the USA.

I find it unbelievable that while it's #1 in U.S I have only heard a Ghost Stories song played one time on the radio here in D.C and it's almost like the album doesn't exist! Granted I don't listen to a ton of radio since it's pretty awful but still.... Hopefully it's different at other stations across the States.

I find it unbelievable that while it's #1 in U.S I have only heard a Ghost Stories song played one time on the radio here in D.C and it's almost like the album doesn't exist! Granted I don't listen to a ton of radio since it's pretty awful but still.... Hopefully it's different at other stations across the States.

The radio support has been bad except for Alternative Rock stations. While songs like Happy by Pharrell and Dark Horse by Katy Perry had over 200 millions in airplay, Magic only had 12 millions. A Sky Full Of Stars is just starting to get played on radio. It will be released to popular radio stations next Tuesday so hopefully we'll start hearing it more and more.

My local Adult station here in Cincinnati has been playing A Sky Full Of Stars. They love Coldplay, they always play their songs.

The radio support has been bad except for Alternative Rock stations. While songs like Happy by Pharrell and Dark Horse by Katy Perry had over 200 millions in airplay, Magic only had 12 millions. A Sky Full Of Stars is just starting to get played on radio. It will be released to popular radio stations next Tuesday so hopefully we'll start hearing it more and more.

My local Adult station here in Cincinnati has been playing A Sky Full Of Stars. They love Coldplay, they always play their songs.

Hope you're right about airplay increasing soon!

OP updated with:

--New worldwide peaks (more #1s)

--Worldwide first week sales (over 1M)

--updated the streaming numbers for Magic & ASFOS

--updated the airplay number for ASFOS (It gained 2M in airplay in the last week) slow and steady. Hoping for bigger gains in the coming weeks

--Magic sold approximately 23K downloads in the US and ASFOS 51K copies.

--updated with UK second week sales

^^Few corrections

X&Y has spent 7 weeks on top WW album chart

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week36-2005.htm

VLV has spent 5 weeks on top of this chart

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week31-2008.htm

MX has spent 2 weeks on top of this list...

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week46-2011.htm

and now.. Ghost Stories has spent 2nd week so far...

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week46-2011.htm

Remaining at number two for the second straight week, Coldplay's Ghost Stories wasn't too far behind Smith, selling a further 46,315 copies to raise its three week tally to 289,431 - enough for it to jump 3-1 on the year-to-date rankings

There are new peaks for Coldplay's A Sky Full Of Stars (14-13, 17,745 sales)

---

So in short, after 3 weeks, Ghost Stories has become the biggest album in the UK in 2014.

US charts: after 2 weeks at #1, Ghost stories falls to #5 with 46K. That's enough to move it past 500K and get it certified GOLD.

ASFOS was released to Pop radio yesterday and it's about to pass Magic's radio peak.

After only 2 weeks on the worldwide chart, Ghost Stories is now the 4th best selling album of the year. It will be #3 after this week.

Finally, Ghost Stories is now the best selling album of the year in the UK.

US charts: after 2 weeks at #1, Ghost stories falls to #5 with 46K. That's enough to move it past 500K and get it certified GOLD.

ASFOS was released to Pop radio yesterday and it's about to pass Magic's radio peak.

After only 2 weeks on the worldwide chart, Ghost Stories is now the 4th best selling album of the year. It will be #3 after this week.

Finally, Ghost Stories is now the best selling album of the year in the UK.

thats great!!

Ghost Stories spends a 3rd week at #2 in the UK with 48,361 copies. Here is the breakdown of the sales in the UK after a month.

1st week 1 - 168,048 (=)

2nd week 2 - 75,032 (-55,3%)

3rd week 2 - 46,315 (-38,2%)

4th week 2 - 48,361 (+5,4%)

So far, it's the top selling album of the year and has already been certified platinum.