✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alternative Tracklist.

Usually, I respect the tracklist, but with the Target version, I feel like this album deserves to be changed. So.

1 Always in My Head

2 Magic

3 Ink

4 True Love

5 Midnight

6 Another's Arms

7 All Your Friends

8 Oceans

9 A Sky Full of Stars

10 Ghost Story

11 O

12 O Part 2

No big changes, but that's it. Do you want to change the tracklist? Or what would you have chose if you wanted to?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

All Your Friends

Another's Arms

Ghost Story

Oceans

A Sky Full Of Stars

Fly On

As good as O and its reprise turned out to be, I have to question their necessity to the album.

Considering it is briefly played before Always In My Head, they are the only two songs I didn't include.

Won't change it. Just include the bonus tracks in to the album and have the LP 12-tracks long instead of 9.

All Your Friends and Ghost Story is just too damn good to be considered as bonus tracks.

I changed it again. :laugh3:

So...

1 Always in my Head

2 Magic

3 Ink

4 True Love

5 Midnight

6 All Your Friends

7 Another's Arms

8 Oceans

9 A Sky Full of Stars

10 O Part 2 (I know it's absurd that Part 2 comes before O, so I called it Echoes.)

11 Ghost Story

12 O

I changed it again. :laugh3:

So...

1 Always in my Head

2 Magic

3 Ink

4 True Love

5 Midnight

6 All Your Friends

7 Another's Arms

8 Oceans

9 A Sky Full of Stars

10 O Part 2 (I know it's absurd that Part 2 comes before O, so I called it Echoes.)

11 Ghost Story

12 O

1. Always in My Head

2. Magic

3. Ink

4. True Love

5. Midnight

6. Atlas

7. O (Reprise)

8. Ghost Story

9. All Your Friends

10. Another's Arms

11. Oceans

12. A Sky Full of Stars

13. O

I thought O (Reprise) worked well in the middle of the album, so that there's an intro, interlude, and outro which adds to the cohesiveness of things. Atlas, while not part of the album, sounds like it could belong, and it makes for an explosive ending for the first half of the album. I like the way the acoustic guitar of Ghost Story sounded after O (Reprise). I put All Your Friends after Ghost Story to keep all of the B-Sides together in the middle, keeping the original progression of the beginning and end of the album in tact.

Also, it's nice to add a couple seconds of silence at the end of Atlas, making the beginning of O (Reprise) less abrupt.

1. Always in My Head

2. Magic

3. Ink

4. True Love

5. Midnight

6. Atlas

7. O (Reprise)

8. Ghost Story

9. All Your Friends

10. Another's Arms

11. Oceans

12. A Sky Full of Stars

13. O

I thought O (Reprise) worked well in the middle of the album, so that there's an intro, interlude, and outro which adds to the cohesiveness of things. Atlas, while not part of the album, sounds like it could belong, and it makes for an explosive ending for the first half of the album. I like the way the acoustic guitar of Ghost Story sounded after O (Reprise). I put All Your Friends after Ghost Story to keep all of the B-Sides together in the middle, keeping the original progression of the beginning and end of the album in tact.

This is perfect!! I really like the incorporation of Atlas because it totally has the same dna as the rest of the tracks on the album, as it should. Really like the use of the O reprise - almost MX in style of a 1st half of a story. then respite, of Don't ever let go then into a acousticy type song of existentialism and what is the point - then discuss his friends/people, then back into his heartbreak.

It's a true LP in a sense.

1. Always In My Head

2. Magic

3. Ink

4. True Love

5. Midnight

6. O (Part II)

7. Ghost Story

8. Another's Arms

9. All Your Friends

10. Oceans

11. A Sky Full of Stars

12. Fly On

13. O

---

14. Midnight (Jon Hopkins Remix)

15. Midnight (Giorgio Moroder Remix)

listened through several times, everything has a nice flow to it. and the two midnight remixes almost sound like they go from one into the other!

Wow, I really think these two tracks should have been included by default... just need to figure out where to place them on the tracklisting. I also really like the reprise of "O". I do think Chris has an irrational phobia of including too many songs on an album, because it would have worked great here... it's only 9 minutes and 25 seconds of extra music so the runtime would still be sensible at around 50 minutes.

Here's my take, ended up being just over 42 minutes:

1. Always In My Head

2. Ink

3. True Love

4. Midnight

5. All Your Friends

6. Another's Arms

7. Ghost Story

8. A Sky Full Of Stars

9. Oceans

10. Fly On

11. O

I think 'Midnight' into 'All Your Friends' works really well, then 'Another's Arms' into 'Ghost Story' instead of 'Oceans'. To me, 'Ghost Story' is like a continuation of the narrative from 'Another's Arms', listen to them back to back!

'Ghost Story' flows well into 'ASFOS' if you blend the end of the former into the latter, and 'Oceans' works better in between 'ASFOS' and 'Fly On' to ease into a low key ending to the album.

I also removed 'Magic' because personally I find the transition from 'AIMH' to 'Ink' works better, and I'm not a huge fan of it myself. I think the album is has a better flow without it.

I decided to leave off the reprise of 'O' because I couldn't really fit it anywhere without interrupting the flow, but I might give it another go!

I might upload this as one piece and post it in my Custom Albums thread in the multimedia section with all the necessary transitions to make it sound natural (to blend 'Ghost Story' into 'ASFOS', and 'Oceans' into 'Fly On'.

EDIT: You can listen to this version of the album HERE as one piece (with all the proper transitions to make it flow) to see if you like it!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/52329-Zemy101-s-Modified-Coldplay-Songs-Thread/page13

It might not be too crazy to put O Pt. 2 before O, Glasvegas put a 'Part 2' song before a 'Part 1' song on their second album, a relic of an earlier sequencing I imagine.

And I really like to call it Echoes. The "o" of the word has an importance and ghost stories and echoes can be linked.

I think O (which Chris has on his acoustic guitar on the tour so far) represents the eternal connection to his children/ex wife and others, and also represents that you never truly let go of anyone in your life especially the ones that you love. Also could be the infinite nature of intangible things in a seemingly finite world (e.g. love, music, art, happiness, sadness, etc.).

One last thing, it could represent the eternal spectacular now - being present in the here and now and taking everything in as it comes - buddhist in its philosophy, of enjoying and embracing life and not being attached so much to the outcome of things, and never-ending learning.

Ok... I think that's enough for now, lol, but I love coldplay for the thought they really put into the concept of their albums, and how they present them on tour and in promoting their music.

I have Ghost Story after AIMH, and I have All My Friends after AA. With O Part 2 smack-dab in the middle.

Always In Head

Ghost Story

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

O (Reprise)

Another's Arms

All My Friends

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

O

I think it works well. Thoughts?

1. Always in My Head

2. Magic

3. Ink

4. True Love

5. Midnight

6. Atlas

7. O (Reprise)

8. Ghost Story

9. All Your Friends

10. Another's Arms

11. Oceans

12. A Sky Full of Stars

13. O

This is just perfect!! I have made an itunes playlist with this tracklist and it just works so well. Really believe that Atlas does work on GS.

1. Always In My Head

2. Magic

3. Ink

4. Atlas

5. True Love

6. Another's Arms

7. Ghost Story

8. Oceans

9. All Your Friends

10. O

11. Midnight (ghost track)

A Sky Full Of Stars released separately as Avicii feat. Coldplay

I still think of that song being released as their own song on their own album is the biggest mistake in their career... And the stupidest thing.

I tried to make my custom Ghost Stories edition but it didn't ended very well :( I place All My Friends after Magic and it worked so perfectly to me that I had no choice but to left Ink behind. The transition from All My Friends to Ink feels awkward to me, and for me Ghost Story fit very well after All My Friends or True Love. So I was done with the first half of the album (before Midnight), the second half is to perfect for me to change anything (Midnight, Another's Arms, Oceans and O fits perfectly together). So I was forced to left Ink behind, and of course this is my least favorite song from the album.:P

This is what I decided to do:

Alternative 1

Always in My Head

Magic

All My Friends

Ghost Story

True Love

O part 2

Midnight

Another's Arms

Oceans

Sky Full Of Stars