✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Aug-2014] Chris Martin to play solo NYC show

gai

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what started out as a private and intimate show at an undisclosed venue has become a private and intimate show that will be available to the thousands of Sirius subscribers (which will inevitably be streamed to thousands of those who don't subscribe) at the Sirius studios. MAKES SENSE. :wacko:

I'm just curious, do you think that the intimate show that they are talking about and giving away tickets for is the show that Sirius is holding? Or do you think Chris may just play a few songs at Sirius and then do another show at the secret location, and that is show that they are giving away tickets for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this, but if you read this article it says Chris will do the 6th Aug show at the "secret location" then on 7th Aug Chris is gonna play acoustic set at this radio station? And my sincere apologies if anyone has posted this prior, I dont mean to step on toes, I just havent seen this bit of news before

http://fresh1027.cbslocal.com/2014/07/28/coldplay-frontman-chris-martins-best-live-acoustic-performances/

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this, but if you read this article it says Chris will do the 6th Aug show at the "secret location" then on 7th Aug Chris is gonna play acoustic set at this radio station? And my sincere apologies if anyone has posted this prior, I dont mean to step on toes, I just havent seen this bit of news before

http://fresh1027.cbslocal.com/2014/07/28/coldplay-frontman-chris-martins-best-live-acoustic-performances/

Its ok, its better to make sure we haven't missed any news, this looks confirmed, Chris will play there on 7th August at Fresh 102.7, thank you for the info and welcome to Coldplaying btw :D

Good find Greengoose. If my theory is right, there will be two shows on the 6th and with this info you posted, the radio station 102.7 (which used to be a heavy rock station back in the day) will also be having there own(a 3rd ) performance with Chris the next day on the 7th

Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin’s Best Live Acoustic Performances

July 28, 2014 3:02 PM

156307948_8.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1(Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)

Members Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion make up one of the most popular alternative-rock bands in the world: Coldplay.

Having gotten their start in 1996, Coldplay is a seven-time GRAMMY winning band that has sold 60 million records worldwide, and it is obvious why they are so successful. With hits like “Viva La Vida,” “Clocks” and “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” Coldplay has had no trouble proving that they own the alternative-rock scene.

Their latest, and sixth, studio album titled “Ghost Stories” was released this year, producing hits like “Midnight” and “A Sky Full Of Stars.” The 2014 album reached #1 in 72 different countries.

Lead vocalist Chris Martin will be performing at a secret location in New York City on Wednesday, August 6. The next day, Chris will be visiting the Fresh studio for an acoustic performance of some of Coldplay’s songs from their latest album “Ghost Stories” for a select crowd of lucky fans.

You may be wondering how to possibly prepare for such an amazing event. Well, the answer is simple: by watching Chris Martin’s best acoustic performances! Check out Chris Martin’s acoustic performances of some of Coldplay’s greatest hits below

I DID NOT INSERT THE VIDS SORRY

***For more information on how YOU can enter to win a pair of tickets to see Chris Martin perform at a secret location in New York City on Wednesday, August 6th, PLUS a pair of passes to meet him in the Fresh 102.7 studios the next day, CLICK HERE!

–Leah Cunningham & Joe Cingrana/Fresh 102.7

Its ok, its better to make sure we haven't missed any news, this looks confirmed, Chris will play there on 7th August at Fresh 102.7, thank you for the info and welcome to Coldplaying btw :D

I'm glad I can be of any help and thanks for the welcome :) :) I'm in NY at the moment, came in this morning from UK, so if I see anything new in the papers I'll post them here

I'm glad I can be of any help and thanks for the welcome :) :) I'm in NY at the moment, came in this morning from UK, so if I see anything new in the papers I'll post them here

Are you lucky enough to go to New York to see the show or just happen to be there? :P

Here's the article : http://www.coldplaying.com/chris-martin-streaming-on-live-radio-chris-best-acoustics/

Are you lucky enough to go to New York to see the show or just happen to be there? :P

Here's the article : http://www.coldplaying.com/chris-martin-streaming-on-live-radio-chris-best-acoustics/

I'm here on purpose, whether or not I'm lucky, well, that will be determined by my contacts and mates on Monday lol Its a crapshoot at the mo, I could be very happy, or go home with an I <3 New York tshirt and nowt else lolol

That's some dedication there! I really hope you get to go to at least one event :D

LOLOL Yeah, I basically have no life lolololol But honestly, I didnt know about the 7th Aug radio show, I was just focusing in on the 6th Aug show...so maybe odds are in my favour, but I'm not thinking I'm in ..yet lolol

Thanks YellowLion! So that makes 4 now!

chrismartin640x364-template.jpg

Hang with The Todd Show & See an Exclusive Performance with Chris Martin!

95.5 PLJ has your exclusive access to see Chris Martin from the Grammy-award winning band Coldplay! We’re getting you in to hang out with The Todd Show in-studio and watch a special, exclusive performance by Chris Martin!

We are not only getting you in to our exclusive performance but we also have your chance to see Chris perform in a secret NYC location – all you have to do is is call in when you hear John Foxx play Coldplay on Monday afternoon!

Listen to win Monday – Wednesday

7:20am, 9:20am, & Monday with John Foxx!

- See more at: http://www.plj.com/common/page.php?pt=In-Studio+Appearance%3A+Chris+Martin&id=29274&is_corp=0#sthash.w75OEEwx.dpuf

ok. so it seems like one secret show tonight and then a bunch of radio interviews spread out today and tomorrow.. man this sounds exciting! this is a quote from coldplayers forum where someone won tickets:

I won from my local radio station here in PA. This morning I spoke with the lady from the radio station. I also won a hotel room in NYC along with the tickets for the show. I know NOTHING except that we check in to the hotel, and a representative from the record label is coming to pick me and my guest up in the lobby. The record label Rep has my cellphone number and will be calling me. They will not pick us up later than 7pm. From there, the record label rep will be taking us to the location of where it's going to be at. Even me as someone who has won doesn't know what the heck is going on except maybe they're kidnapping us? :-)

Yes! I really won from my local radio station in PA. They only qualified 5 people and out of the 5 I was picked. I got the call Friday after work and finally got the details this morning when I talked to the promotions director of the radio station. I swear this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'll bookmark this forum on my cellphone, hopefully I can post from my phone. I won and still know nothing! Just that we're being picked up in the lobby.

man... so secretive! will it be broadcast at all? i haven't seen anything at all anywhere.

I have been searching like a mad woman, going to venue websites in the city on line to see if there is anything booked and I find nothing!!! I am extremely disappointed in myself with my snooping abilities!! :laugh3:.

edit, listening to WPLJ now to find out when Chris will be there today

I have been searching like a mad woman, going to venue websites in the city on line to see if there is anything booked and I find nothing!!! I am extremely disappointed in myself with my snooping abilities!! :laugh3:.

edit, listening to WPLJ now to find out when Chris will be there today

Keep us updated :), I cant figure it out which radio I should be listening from.. And I'm not in the US so probably I cant have it tuning in now.