✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Aug-2014] Chris Martin to play solo NYC show

gai

Listen to Win a Trip to NYC to See Chris Martin!

On Wednesday, August 6th, Chris Martin from Coldplay will play a private show in New York City for 200 of his closest friends and fans, and we here at Cities 97 got YOU a pair of tickets!

Listen all week at 7:20am + 4:20pm and keep track of the keywords. Then Friday morning at 7:20am Oake and Keri will take the 97th caller with Chris Martin Phrase that pays. Read back all the keywords and you win, hotel, airfare, and tix to the private Chris Martin show at secret location in New York City!

link

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thanks for the news :surprised:

Why is it a solo performance? & what is it for? A charity thing maybe..

I wonder what do they mean by 200 of his closest friends & fans :inquisitive: This phrase doesn't make me feel comfortable :thinking:

it's very surprising that not only is he doing a solo show, but there is some promo around it and not just a secret show like the handful he has done in the past. guess he is itching to do live shows. but how cool would it be to go to this show?

Can they please announce it is a for a charity cause or something so that I can calm down..

I am having all sorts of thoughts now & they are mostly not pleasant :(

Gaza and its people burn to the ground, Russian separatists shoot down a plane killing nearly 200 and then impede the return of the dead and THIS is giving you unpleasant thoughts?

"Chris Martin from Coldplay will play a private show in New York City for 200 of his closest friends and fans"

Shouldn't that read: for 198 of his record company executives closest friends and two 'fans' who only went because they couldn't sell the tickets on ebay and who only rang the number to request Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing'.

[quote=IMightBeWrong;5683587

Shouldn't that read: for 198 of his record company executives closest friends and two 'fans' who only went because they couldn't sell the tickets on ebay and who only rang the number to request Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing'.

:lol::laugh3:

Gaza and its people burn to the ground, Russian separatists shoot down a plane killing nearly 200 and then impede the return of the dead and THIS is giving you unpleasant thoughts?

'.

Don't jump into conclusions. You don't know me or know where I come from or what I have been through. This is a music forum & we talk fangirly all the time just for fun. Of course, the things you mentioned, & many more, worry me to death, but I won't come here to tell you about it. Here is a form of distraction from the real world I am living in.

Funny because I was just thinking, a year ago, I was at my lowest low & I faced death & saw things I never would have thought I'd see ever. What kept me going (among other things) is this band this forum is dedicated to. Thinking about the joy they bring, & thinking, yeah, there are some good things still in this world.

Sorry for the rant. You can PM me if you want to go on with this conversation.

Don't jump into conclusions. You don't know me or know where I come from or what I have been through. This is a music forum & we talk fangirly all the time just for fun. Of course, the things you mentioned, & many more, worry me to death, but I won't come here to tell you about it. Here is a form of distraction from the real world I am living in.

Funny because I was just thinking, a year ago, I was at my lowest low & I faced death & saw things I never would have thought I'd see ever. What kept me going (among other things) is this band this forum is dedicated to. Thinking about the joy they bring, & thinking, yeah, there are some good things still in this world.

Sorry for the rant. You can PM me if you want to go on with this conversation.

Come on, he wasn't being serious.

On topic: I agree that's odd that he does this but what's the problem? Why are people wortied? It's just a show...

okay so are the "keywords" for each day the same one at 7:20am and 4:20pm? or two in a day, one at 7:20am and another at 4:20pm? if it's two a day, I'm sad because I've already missed the first :P

Wait what? :lol:

okay so are the "keywords" for each day the same one at 7:20am and 4:20pm? or two in a day, one at 7:20am and another at 4:20pm? if it's two a day, I'm sad because I've already missed the first :P

Cities 97 ‏@cities97radio 2h

@violetclocks @coldplay There will be unique keywords each time, so you'll have to listen for both.

@violetclocks First keyword was announced this morning at 7:20. Time zone=central.

Wait what? :lol:

maybe I'm misinterpreting how to win the tickets....? hahaha. It sounds like there will be two words played each day (one at 7:20 and one at 4:20), instead of one word just played twice. Since it's past 7:20am here, I've missed the first word. Here's what it said:

"...Listen all week at 7:20am + 4:20pm and keep track of the keywords. Then Friday morning at 7:20am Oake and Keri will take the 97th caller with Chris Martin Phrase that pays. Read back all the keywords and you win, hotel, airfare, and tix to the private Chris Martin show at secret location in New York City!"

but idk sometimes I just see the word Coldplay and my mind freaks out lol.