✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Aug-2014] Chris Martin to play solo NYC show

gai

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A solo show unrelated to promo or charity makes me wonder what this is about and why he would do a solo show like that... :anxious:

Hopefully it's really just one show and not a sign of a bigger solo career or something.

Good luck to everyone participating in the contest by the way!!!

^Yeah but it was really a casual thing, a secret show even, right? It's the first I can remember where he has a solo gig that is announced in advance to the world, with tickets to win etc I think that's what feels weird, because it almost feels like solo promotion. I think that's what gets some fans (including me :lol: ) panicking/worrying a bit. But you're right it's just one show and it most likely means nothing at all.

He did that solo show on absolute radio at the end of the viva era, it was announced, it wasnt for charity or promo and you had to buy tickets!

what was that? don't think i know of this show.

Well it's possible that Chris is using this solo concert to test the waters for an eventual break with the band. After all, the guys didn't take too kindly to his suggestion that their next album have a soft reggae, cardiac bass riddem flavour to it, and his appreciation of that particular genre is well documented on Youtube. I fear for the future. :worried:

[video=youtube;hDKhzm3rD8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKhzm3rD8E

He did that solo show on absolute radio at the end of the viva era, it was announced, it wasnt for charity or promo and you had to buy tickets!

during that time where he was thrown out of the studio? :lol:

during that time where he was thrown out of the studio? :lol:

hey, good things came out of that :P

i am interested in this here show and i am especially interested in knowing why they shouldn't just give me a ticket huh because i'm definitely a Coldplay AND i already live in NY state :wink3: :P

hey, good things came out of that :P

i am interested in this here show and i am especially interested in knowing why they shouldn't just give me a ticket huh because i'm definitely a Coldplay AND i already live in NY state :wink3: :P

Lucky you to be living in NY :) Does this show apply for US citizens only though?

^ oh.. i know of these shows. but there is a huge difference between these and the one scheduled for next week. these essentially were promo shows in between a major tour. visiting radio stations alone to play solo and give interviews is quite different from having a scheduled, private show and giving out tickets to it through radio promo.

^Yeah but it was really a casual thing, a secret show even, right? It's the first I can remember where he has a solo gig that is announced in advance to the world, with tickets to win etc I think that's what feels weird, because it almost feels like solo promotion. I think that's what gets some fans (including me :lol: ) panicking/worrying a bit. But you're right it's just one show and it most likely means nothing at all.

...the only reason this got announced was because there was a chance to win tickets...?

Lucky you to be living in NY :) Does this show apply for US citizens only though?

Scroll up, this has already been answered.

Maybe this means LP7 is coming?!?!?!??!!!?!??!?!?!?!!

[Chris played Wedding Bells at the with-Simon Pegg show pre-MX]

Calm down.

WELL YEAH MAYBE AAAHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

But will see.

Maybe this means LP7 is coming?!?!?!??!!!?!??!?!?!?!!

[Chris played Wedding Bells at the with-Simon Pegg show pre-MX]

speaking of which, I have no idea for what/when/why this is supposedly happening.. it is a radio station in Philly PA

Wendy Rollins

‏@wendyrollins

Booked interviews with the mighty Chris Martin of @Coldplay and the illustrious Jack Antonoff of @bleachersmusic #getawesome

and other promos popping up:

Dave Smiley ‏@smileyradioshow

fri on the @smileyradioshow its #ChristmasInJuly! win gifts including a trip to NYC 2 c a private excludive Chris Martin of @coldplay show!