✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any good bands to recommend to me?

Doolittle2008

When you get a little burned out of Coldplay, you take a break, then you go back and its five times as awesome as it was before.

So, I've been listening to some radiohead. Some of the songs are a little bit too fast and weird for me, so, I'm wondering what band should I listen to...

I like No surprises, fake plastic trees, and a little bit of creep (the ending), how to disappear completely.. Not the crazy sounds everywhere blowing out my ears...

So Coldplay + The Radiohead I like = ?

Also, any other Radiohead songs i might like after what I said earlier?

TY just looking for some music to listen to so I can let me Coldplay recharge a bit.

Soo I've been listening to this "Low Roar", and its not exactly what I'm looking for (RHYME). I like the slower start (like in No Surprises and Fake Plastic Trees), and then going back to the verse or chorus but adding drums and other instruments, that is what has the effect on me.

Soo I've been listening to this "Low Roar", and its not exactly what I'm looking for (RHYME). I like the slower start (like in No Surprises and Fake Plastic Trees), and then going back to the verse or chorus but adding drums and other instruments, that is what has the effect on me.

I see what you mean. But it's rather because you're looking for specific songs and that's kinda hard to help with...

Well lets narrow it down a bit. Songs that start with an acoustic or piano, with a really nice melody and its all slow, then theres the chorus and it builds a bit, then go back to the verse adding drums and guitar, and then of course a bridge and all the intruments are together and its so awesome u wanna cry.

That's why I like Coldplay a lot of their songs are like that

Well lets narrow it down a bit. Songs that start with an acoustic or piano, with a really nice melody and its all slow, then theres the chorus and it builds a bit, then go back to the verse adding drums and guitar, and then of course a bridge and all the intruments are together and its so awesome u wanna cry.

:I

*peers at the 11.416 songs in the music folder*

Well fuck

So you're basically looking for a second Coldplay... uhh hmmmm

The bands I listed up there are going into that direction. I really can't do all the work for you, you just gotta listen to their songs, and if you listened to 3 or 4 of them and still don't like them, go the the next band and so on.

None of those bands did anything, none of them were anything like I described. Thanks though for looking ! None of them sounded anything like coldplay or radiohead. Like if I never heard of radiohead, and I was making this thread, a good band to recommend would be radiohead lol..

Give Radiohead more time, and listen to their album "In Rainbows," which is absolutely breathtaking. This band pushes their sound a lot so it takes a while to get used to, but once you do, it is totally worth it.

Some of my favourite bands that I visit often that do "alternative," sorts of music that I think is also very accessible:

Electronic/Dream Pop: Chvrches, Hundred Waters, Beach House, The Antlers, Chromatics.

Alternative Rock: The National (especially their most recent records) Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire, Alt-J, Death Cab for Cutie, Spoon, Beach Fossils, Sigur Ros

Folk/Alternative: The Avett Brothers, Iron & Wine, Fleet Foxes, The Decembrists, Radical Face, Trampled By Turtles.

Singer Songwriters: Perfume Genius, Elliot Smith, Sufjan Stevens, Bat For Lashes.

Sorry, for the big list, I could go on, but I think these are all really great groups that share some sounds with Coldplay. I strongly recommend at least checking out the top songs few tracks of each of these artists to get a taste and if you like it, then delve in deeper !! :)

Hmmmmmmm

Air Traffic maybe, Shooting Star fits your description rather well I think. Keane also, perhaps

Some general recommedations: Elbow, dEUS, Editors, Andy Burrows, The National

Give Radiohead more time, and listen to their album "In Rainbows," which is absolutely breathtaking. This band pushes their sound a lot so it takes a while to get used to, but once you do, it is totally worth it.

Some of my favourite bands that I visit often that do "alternative," sorts of music that I think is also very accessible:

Electronic/Dream Pop: Chvrches, Hundred Waters, Beach House, The Antlers, Chromatics.

Alternative Rock: The National (especially their most recent records) Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire, Alt-J, Death Cab for Cutie, Spoon, Beach Fossils, Sigur Ros

Folk/Alternative: The Avett Brothers, Iron & Wine, Fleet Foxes, The Decembrists, Radical Face, Trampled By Turtles.

Singer Songwriters: Perfume Genius, Elliot Smith, Sufjan Stevens, Bat For Lashes.

Sorry, for the big list, I could go on, but I think these are all really great groups that share some sounds with Coldplay. I strongly recommend at least checking out the top songs few tracks of each of these artists to get a taste and if you like it, then delve in deeper !! :)

Oooouhhh thanks for the list :wideeyed:

Check out Duologue. This is also a general recommendation; I reckon a lot of people here would like them, especially the Radiohead fans here.

Also I don't think I've seen Snow Patrol mentioned yet, they would probably be suitable!

• Like 1

Ok, I'll need a few days to listen to all of those bands lol... thanks a bunch though. Lets narrow this down even more lol:

Ok what radiohead songs would I like considering I like these:

No surprises

how to disappear completely

creep (kinda)

fake pastic trees

high and dry

nice dream

Villagers, their third album is out this year.. Their second album {awayland} was nominated for a mercury prize but their first album Becoming a Jackal is my favorite. The lyrics are very poetic and the music can be quite complex. Their most famous song is Nothing Arrived