✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the most underrated Coldplay song and album? What about overrated?

X2YandZ

Overrated song: Yellow

Underrated song: Cemeteries of London

^ This! Add on Major Minus, Magic, Midnight and Daylight to underrated and most of their early hits to overrated

I don't know that any of their albums are actually under- or over-rated... Most comments are pretty accurate although GS may have had slightly less recognition/ appreciation than it deserves

• 4 weeks later...

Overrated Song: The Scientist. I know, everyone loves it and I do as well, but I feel like there is more, even from AROBTTH that could have received greater praise.

Underrated Song: 42. This song I feel captures Coldplay at their best and most artistic. Everyone displays their part so well. Chris plays acoustic guitar and piano on this song. I feel like this captures their identity.

Overrated Album: A Rush Of Blood To The Head. Great album don't get me wrong I just believe it wasn't them on it. Before Viva, I kept waiting for them to make their experimental record and then they did and that record captures their identity. But we will see with AHFOD.

Underrated album: Ghost Stories. This record took me a while to grow. But I learned its an album I can only listen to at night time and I have used it for sleeping. Its a cool direction they took and say what you will about Chris lyrically, but it has been the most direct I think lyric-wise.

The only thing I can say about MX is this. I heard live versions of the songs before the record came out and thought they were great. Especially HLH. But the record was really over-produced. I listen to Live 2012 more than the actual record. Also DLIBYH should be added to underrated. Something I hope Coldplay expands on on the new record.

Most overrated album:A Rush Of Blood To The Head- Besides Amsterdam,I Ran Away and a couple others,the album is pretty bland.

Yeah, right...

Most overrated album: This would have to be VLV. Great album but has some 'meh' moments as well (Lovers in Japan, Lost!, 42) some songs like Rainy Day, Glass of Water and PM/Poppyfields would have been better and raised the album's standing to X&Y levels if they would have been brave enough to include them on the album.

Overrated Song: VLV, Hands down.

Underrated Album: Parachutes without a doubt. It's funny how it's Coldplayers who I find don't appreciate it like they should. Rather, it's general music fans and critics which lavish it with the critical acclaim it deserves. Best British debut of the last 30+ years.

Underrated Song: This will actually surprise some people, but I would say Magic. Sure, the electronic drumbeat is annoying and the lyrics are less than spectacular (This is GS after all) but having Guy leading a song and those atmospheric effects which wouldn't seem out of place on Parachutes really elevate the song for me. I can see it fitting in snugly on a greatest hits album.

• 2 weeks later...

overrated album: AHFOD seriously...

overrated song: Viva la vida (i think because i heard a lot) and HFTW.

underrated album: GS, X&Y and Parachutes, i don't understand the hate for those albums, for me they are great. They have several shades and here i read several critics to the three albums (amazing albums). Not all must be rainbow color.

underrated song: High Speed, Oceans.

Underrated songs : Spies, We Never Change, 42, Proskpekt's March/ Poppyfields, U.F.O, Oceans ...

Overrated songs : Clocks ( it's GREAT but one of my least favourites from AROBTTH ), Paradise, Magic, Princess Of China ( worst Coldplay song imo )

Underrated album : Parachutes

Overrated album : X&Y

How can u possibly call any Coldplay song overrated?

Underrated so many classic masterpieces that Coldplay doesn't play anymore. swallowed in the seas,everything's not lost,Hardest part,

Lost !!!

So many more songs not even fair to other bands.

Coldplay songs not even performed any more just destroy other bands hits.

Hmmm off the top of my head

Underrated: Proof, How you see the world, Miracles, Midnight

Overrated: Hmmm to me Yellow (but that cud be because its getting so old by now hehe), God put a smile (I actually never liked it really but I know many love it), Viva

Underrated song - Gravity. I don't know if this counts but was a B side that deserved better than it got. If crap like x marks the spot can make it on an album then you get my point.

Underrated album - Ghost stories. It's a brilliant little album. Nice and mellow and good songs on it like oceans and O.

Overrated song - Princess of China. God awful song. Wish could just erase that song from my memory.

Overrated album - Mylo Xyloto. Easily the worst album. It's not bad, it's ok and nothing more. It's a kids album for one direction fans. Way over produced as well. And the album just doesn't flow, it's all over the place.

Underrated song - Gravity. I don't know if this counts but was a B side that deserved better than it got. If crap like x marks the spot can make it on an album then you get my point.

Overrated album - Mylo Xyloto. Easily the worst album. It's not bad, it's ok and nothing more. It's a kids album for one direction fans. Way over produced as well. And the album just doesn't flow, it's all over the place.

I never considered Gravity as underrated? I always thought it was quite a praised song in Coldplay b-sides catalogue. And you cant compare the b side then to the situation now..now we dont even get b-sides :/ Back then Coldplay , but also other bands Oasis comes to mind, used to release so many b-sides. it was the best :)

And Im not a one direction fan....jesus no LOL But I love Mylo :)

I never considered Gravity as underrated? I always thought it was quite a praised song in Coldplay b-sides catalogue. And you cant compare the b side then to the situation now..now we dont even get b-sides :/ Back then Coldplay , but also other bands Oasis comes to mind, used to release so many b-sides. it was the best :)

And Im not a one direction fan....jesus no LOL But I love Mylo :)

It's underrated cause it's one of the best Coldplay songs for me, as good as yellow fix you etc. Oasis were the kings of B sides! Acquiesce, Masterplan, Half the world away, Listen up. Their B sides are better than the entire catalogue of some artists these days lol.

Lol, point taken.

It's underrated cause it's one of the best Coldplay songs for me, as good as yellow fix you etc. Oasis were the kings of B sides! Acquiesce, Masterplan, Half the world away, Listen up. Their B sides are better than the entire catalogue of some artists these days lol.

Lol, point taken.

I love gravity but its not as catchy as yellow or fix you imo. And ay ay about Oasis being the kings of b-sides. Now b-sides are no more really. Not even Noel bothers releasing proper b-sides for his solo records , meh...:/