✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who else has never seen Coldplay live before ?

Alrighty, lets move to another thread and stop depressing the people who have never seen Coldplay perform :p

Sorry, I actually first posted here because when I read the topic i I read it wrong, for some reason i read it "who else has seen Coldplay live before" not "never" maybe I was half asleep or something lol, anyways I'm outa here

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i started this thread, i was still thinking about going to a Coldplay concert but the more I think the more I believe it won't make sense for an Oldplayer like me to go to the AHFOD tour, only to hear 60%AHFOD and the rest VLV Paradise ASFOS Clocks. I was simply born too late, the AROBTTH, Twisted Logic or Viva Tour should it have been for me. It was then that they played the songs that I love and that they were the band I could identify with.

Who knows, maybe you won't regret it. The first time I thought I had an opportunity to go to a Coldplay concert I felt like I only was going to see them perform the popular songs I loved and that the rest of the songs would be boring for me, because at that time I didn't know about them (I only knew the name of the singer lol). But after watching the paraolympic ceremony where they perform 42 and some other unknown songs for me I thought that was the best performance I had seen. I also want to see them perform some of their old songs but that's not likely to happen and I am still happy I've got the opportunity to hear their albums. I've learned to enjoy the moment and not regret the experiences I've had.

When i started this thread, i was still thinking about going to a Coldplay concert but the more I think the more I believe it won't make sense for an Oldplayer like me to go to the AHFOD tour, only to hear 60%AHFOD and the rest VLV Paradise ASFOS Clocks. I was simply born too late, the AROBTTH, Twisted Logic or Viva Tour should it have been for me. It was then that they played the songs that I love and that they were the band I could identify with.

Don't give up hope, go to one - you won't regret it ;) Even if you like Oldplay and think Newplay are meh, the atmosphere is so special and joy in the audience nothing like you've ever experienced before... There is something so moving about a stadium full of 100,000 all moving together as one and singing together 'and I will tryyyy to fix youuuu!!!' or every single word of Yellow. Cheesiness has a way of evaporating when that many people unite as one in a single moment. You may even come to appreciate the purpose of albums like MX - the first half was designed to go in tandem with a concert experience I'm sure :)

Yeah I agree that it is amazing when so many people sing along to Fix You or Yellow or Clocks.

But probably there's not gonna be a lot of these classic moments when they present new stuff...

But you get to see the new stuff live which is great! You;ll still get to see them which has been my dream!:D

Also @loulou14 welcome to the Coldplaying forums! I see you're new! :P Enjoy your stay here and I hope you have a great time enjoying this leading-up to the AHFOD!:D

I recently saw 2 bands, and they happened to play songs I despise, but I still got excited when they played them. Once in a lifetime experience here with Coldplay, and besides, (most) of their songs sound better live. Not sure if this counts for everyone though.

Yeah I agree that it is amazing when so many people sing along to Fix You or Yellow or Clocks.

But probably there's not gonna be a lot of these classic moments when they present new stuff...

Yes there will be lots of classic moments, absolutely, have faith! There's a good reason why they didn't tour GS, they knew there would be less sing-along concert moments / chances to directly connect with the audience... I've been to 2 of their concerts, Twisted Logic and MX tours... Believe me when I reassure you that Coldplay really plan out their concerts to be as inclusive and enjoyable as possible for the fans... Witness the large yellow balls, confetti, fireworks, moving graphics, lasers, changing stages, Xylobands, tons of singalongs etc. over the years! These all cost the band money that they could have kept for themselves, but the reason they've added all these touches is to have a bit of magic and uniqueness thrown in for everybody in the crowd to experience. :D

And they keep looking at ways to improve the concert experience for us! Once AHFOD starts touring hopefully you'll pick up some enthusiasm to attend one... Which one would be your nearest venue?

Yes there will be lots of classic moments, absolutely, have faith! There's a good reason why they didn't tour GS, they knew there would be less sing-along concert moments / chances to directly connect with the audience... I've been to 2 of their concerts, Twisted Logic and MX tours... Believe me when I reassure you that Coldplay really plan out their concerts to be as inclusive and enjoyable as possible for the fans... Witness the large yellow balls, confetti, fireworks, moving graphics, lasers, changing stages, Xylobands, tons of singalongs etc. over the years! These all cost the band money that they could have kept for themselves, but the reason they've added all these touches is to have a bit of magic and uniqueness thrown in for everybody in the crowd to experience. :D

And they keep looking at ways to improve the concert experience for us! Once AHFOD starts touring hopefully you'll pick up some enthusiasm to attend one... Which one would be your nearest venue?

welll it would have to be somewhere in Germany, but I'm sure they'll come here. I'm sure it will be a good show, don't get me wrong!! But the question is whether it's worth attending if you can count the songs you love on the fingers of one hand and the tour tickets are very expensive (as i've heard). I should have gone to the Twisted Logic Tour... :(

I sure hope that I can finally see them on the AHFOD tour. The closest major city to where I live is Denver, Colorado, and they completely skipped it on the MX tour after visiting at least once on every previous tour. :angry: The tour will probably visit arenas but I dream of seeing the band at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater. I would love an arena show for the atmosphere that a huge crowd provides, but a show at a somewhat smaller outdoor venue like Red Rocks would be beautiful in its own way. The last Coldplay gigs at Red Rocks were on the AROBTTH tour. The Live 2003 tour diary covers one of the two shows as well the band's adventures on nearby Mount Evans. Jonny makes the mistake of running to the summit from the band's car; Will unsuccessfully tries to convince him that the lack of oxygen at the high altitude will make running a problem. "The man's an idiot..." :D Then, before one of the gigs, there's an awkward moment where a security guard thinks Jonny is a trespasser rather than a member of the band. :lol:

I sure hope that I can finally see them on the AHFOD tour. The closest major city to where I live is Denver, Colorado, and they completely skipped it on the MX tour after visiting at least once on every previous tour. :angry:

I know!! Really hoping Denver gets put back on the map!

I sure hope that I can finally see them on the AHFOD tour. The closest major city to where I live is Denver, Colorado, and they completely skipped it on the MX tour after visiting at least once on every previous tour. :angry: The tour will probably visit arenas but I dream of seeing the band at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater. I would love an arena show for the atmosphere that a huge crowd provides, but a show at a somewhat smaller outdoor venue like Red Rocks would be beautiful in its own way. The last Coldplay gigs at Red Rocks were on the AROBTTH tour. The Live 2003 tour diary covers one of the two shows as well the band's adventures on nearby Mount Evans. Jonny makes the mistake of running to the summit from the band's car; Will unsuccessfully tries to convince him that the lack of oxygen at the high altitude will make running a problem. "The man's an idiot..." :D Then, before one of the gigs, there's an awkward moment where a security guard thinks Jonny is a trespasser rather than a member of the band. :lol:

Haha, I can remember those scenes :D

I know!! Really hoping Denver gets put back on the map!

I did suggest Denver on the tour cities thread. In Phil's Coldplaying interview early this year, he said he would read the suggestions!!!! Maybe he took notice.... probably not because there were so many others, but you never know.