✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's companies

gerben

Love it!!!

I now have hopes for LP8 and Coldplay touring and recording in their 60s and 70s haha. This will be amazing for them and the fans. I just hope they don't take too long between albums. I kinda liked the pressure their record label was putting on them to release an album.

For those who weren't sure this was legit (the names are very Ghost Stories related which seems a bit hmmm), Oceans' Recordings is definitely a thing: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/invictus-single/id916841807

"Released: 10 September 2014

℗ 2014, Oceans' Recordings Limited under license to Parlophone Records Limited, A Warner Music Group Company."

or maybe phil simply lied, both ocean's records and flock of birds tour company started in the middle of 2014

It's more likely to be related to something else. Phil's comment has more weight than the theory of their own label.

wow! fantastic! it is indeed a label then? or a publishing company?

edit: so the invictus single was released out of their own label. but the last song they released, miracles, was under parlophone i think. interesting.

Phil said it seems like too much work when we asked about Coldplay forming their own label in the future. That was earlier this year. The response suggests they don't have such plans but you never know, it could change after their current record deal expires.

Speaking about Phil, there are 2 things:

The address used for the companies mentioned is the same he used for fans to send him the stamps for his collection back in 2013 : Dales Evans 88-90 Baker Street, London, W1U 6TQ

Phil's name is not mentioned as a director in any of the companies. Maybe he was referring to himself when he said that seemed a lot work?

Speaking about Phil, there are 2 things:

The address used for the companies mentioned is the same he used for fans to send him the stamps for his collection back in 2013 : Dales Evans 88-90 Baker Street, London, W1U 6TQ

Phil's name is not mentioned as a director in any of the companies. Maybe he was referring to himself when he said that seemed a lot work?

... which is also the same as for JJ Van Mars, their charity company and +100 more companies :freak: http://gbcomp.p-o.co.uk/en/alsoatthisaddress/02883725/

...and among them coldplay manager Dave Holmes's company. Maybe it is just a huge office building and one office accomodates all the "companies" of one person - i.e. just a postal adress for all Coldplay-related companies.

I just looked it up on Google Street View, a pretty unimpressive nondescript building that fits the purpose for officially representing companies' postal adresses or possibly offices.

Can you find out what the Piritam and UpUpUp Ltd. companies actually are, through databases you have access to ?

Piritam - also at 88 90 Baker Street... (I wonder if Baker has any connection to the Bakery??)

-The category tags include "Performing Arts, Spectator Sports, and Related Industries" and "Theatrical Producers (except Motion Picture), and Miscellaneous Theatrical Services" so likely something to do with their stage setup, lighting, pyrotechnics, etc.

-Lester Dales is listed as company secretary in addition to the boys.

-Jonny's signature is on a couple revenue documents (Will on a couple).

Couldn't find UpUpUp Ltd though.

These documents really didn't have useful information in them as far as I could tell. PM me if you'd like to see a copy of one. It's mostly revenue statements without saying where the money comes from or what it's used for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
i actually didnt know about JJ Van Mars

I'm pretty sure that's a company linked in the news to the Kids Company charity (that recently ran into financial difficulty in the UK)... JJ Van Mars bought properties to be used for charitable purposes, one of which was the Treehouse for the Kids Company. I'm sure they had the best intentions with setting up the company as their charity arm, but sometimes you can't fully control how your contributions are used - it must be frustrating... Kudos to them for trying to do what they believe in!

As for the other companies, they probably all serve to support the main business, which is Coldplay of course! Not to be cynical but I suspect there may be tax incentives at work that make it worthwhile for them to form so many companies... May even give CM's dad a bit of a side interest when he goes on tour with the band (I read somewhere he may have been an accountant) - make them as tax-efficient as possibe :sneaky:

• 2 years later...

Reading a news article about Lionel Messi's fraudulent companies and all that somehow made me remember and read this very intriguing thread again (had forgotten many of the details, for instance that Piritam Ltd goes as far back as the AROBTTH Era. In retrospect it sounds odd that Chris criticized shareholders in general in 2005 while being one himself...)

I checked that Endole business database again, and voilà, the four of them have a new company in the meantime:

Everglow Touring Products Limited, existing since December 3rd 2015, so the day before the AHFOD album came out.

I can understand having an own label or touring company, but I'm still really intrigued why each of the members has at least one company in which they are the sole shareholder: UpUpUp Ltd. is Chris's, Mr Galaxy Ltd is Jonny's, Ajr London Ltd is Will's, Lee Malone Ltd. and several others belong to Guy. Interesting names, by the way, fitting for each member - Chris and positivity/flying, Jonny and astronomy, Will and Ava Juno Rex, Guy and what's probably short for Leave Me Alone :joy:)

Maybe this is all normal procedure, I don't know. I just really, really hope this all isn't gonna implode one day like with Bono and his letterbox companies in the Paradise Papers recently...o_O

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

It's always rather fun finding an old thread like this. Coldplay renewed their contract with Parlophone in the end but they now own the masters from every release starting from Music of the Spheres. Here's their active companies as of today:

Chris

• Infinity Station Films Limited
  • Oceans' Recordings Limited
  • Flock of Birds Touring LLP
  • Piritam Limited

Jonny

• Sydney Food Limited
  • Piritam Limited

Will

• Sydney Food Limited
  • Piritam Limited

Guy

• Unsigned Group LDT
  • Dawghaus Limited
  • Ratino Limited
  • Piritam Limited

Will has two profiles for some reason and you can only find his Infinity Station Films register in the duplicate one. Everything else has been dissolved or they parted ways with the company.