✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-05] Etihad Arena, Manchester, UK

Guest LiquidSky

dammit! that's how i must have looked! anyway,

they seem to be high up on the rafters. near the roof. in some stadiums, it can be a challenge standing and dancing there.

pretty sure the girl must have had a bit too much to drink during the opening acts haha

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure the girl must have had a bit too much to drink during the opening acts haha

haha! i had nothing to drink at mine, but my friend and i were the only ones in our block dancing away :dance: but then again, it was one dead audience.

I am pretty sure they have loads of other songs , but they only chose the ones they are comfortable with playing .... hence why they always chose In My Place, Trouble, etc ... kinda missing the whole point.

Still, better to have a bit of variation than no variation at all, like in 2012 when the setlist was always exactly the same.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure they have loads of other songs , but they only chose the ones they are comfortable with playing .... hence why they always chose In My Place, Trouble, etc ... kinda missing the whole point.

Yet more playing it safe, you could say.

I mean come on , where are the hardcore fans out there ? I wanna hear Strawberry Swing , Til Kingdom Cone , Poppyfields , Glass Of Water, Talk, Daylight ...

These songs are being requested! But the band seems to just choose the easy ones to play... No way they would ever play Glass Of Water acoustic unfortunately...

• Like 1

That was a blast! I was so happy to hear Lovers in Japan, even though nobody around me seemed to know it... Don't Panic was also great to hear, including Jonny's singing part :D I would have liked something a bit more obscure as the request (I was gonna request AROBTTH but didn't get round to making a video :( ) but to be honest In My Place is a song that I feel they should always play so I'd have been disappointed if they hadn't played it. They played SYS though which made up for the not-so-obscure request song.

• Like 1

The gigs have been great so far.

But the request-thing is kinda disappointing.

Not for the song choices but its way to predictable.

Pretty sure there are other and more rare songs which have been request, but...meh.

Prediction for Glasgow: Us Against The World

Btw, im so much hoping for an acoustic of Talk,like they did during the beginning of the Viva-Tour

• Like 1

dammit! that's how i must have looked! anyway,

they seem to be high up on the rafters. near the roof. in some stadiums, it can be a challenge standing and dancing there.

I was up at the back for the MX tour, and it is pretty steep!!

The gigs have been great so far.

But the request-thing is kinda disappointing.

Not for the song choices but its way to predictable.

Pretty sure there are other and more rare songs which have been request, but...meh.

Prediction for Glasgow: Us Against The World

Btw, im so much hoping for an acoustic of Talk,like they did during the beginning of the Viva-Tour

yeah I mean even in South America they took a risk playing A Message ! wish they could do that again...

I guess they're choosing the most requested ones. I doubt that the obscure songs are more requested than the singles (like In My Place, Trouble etc) or the one's from MX. Coldplay is too popular, each album they released they got more and more new fans that are not too familiar with their entire discography ( B- sides included). I think they are very aware of that. So this means they're trying to please more people as possible. The majority of their fans have heard In My Place before and only a few have heard Prospekt March for example. At the Maracanã concert very few people knew Parachutes and A Message ( and I was front row). But when the gig was coming to an end everyone was screaming for In My Place. That doesn't mean they could not surprise us later on. I mean Chris play Twisted Logic for the first time live this year and it's even on their official youtube channel so I think they are aware of the hardcore fans too.

I agreed they are choosing the ones that are easy to play acoustic. So we have to be smart with ours request.

I still have hope for Ghost Story (never played live) , Strawberry Swing, Prospekt March, We Never Change, Bigger Stronger etc. But I think for the most part they will stick to their formula. A least they are changing the setlist adding LIJ and See You Soon so everything's not lost.

• Like 2

about coldplay not playing certain deep cuts, looks like guy might be the one who is responsible.

http://www.nova100.com.au/show/coldplays-pre-show-ritual-may-or-may-not-include-goat

Dammit Guy!!:bomb:

"-Well, if I can speak for you I think all of your underpants are pretty lucky." LOL

haha! one of coldplay's youngest hardcore fans? :)

What lovely video. He dances better than me I'm jealous:whatever:.

• Like 1

What a fantastic day,we got their at 09:15 to find 5 people in front of us in the queue at the K entrance and prepared ourselves for a long and very hot wait,I have to say say that the queue line was a complete joke and people where queueing everywhere in no order ,something that the Ethiad wants to sort out for future gigs.Anyway we managed to get right to the front on guy's side.

It was a fantastic show Coldplay where on top form,the lighting was as good if not better than any of the gigs that I've been to over my many years of concert going and the crowd from what I can tell really got into it and contributed to the whole feel of the show.

We got home at about 01:20 after a quick visit to Macdonalds for some much needed food absolutely shattered but still buzzing after a great night.

Thank you Coldplay from John & Georgia

• Like 6