✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

I can remember when people asked me what music I liked and I'd answer with "don't judge me but...".

If we can't even say we like Coldplay on a Coldplay fan site, then what the actual fuck?!

crap all over Coldplay and how boorish and vanilla anyone who listened to them was. I hated that and thought it completely missed the point of music

Exactly, I remember following a conversation here where a member would say sarcastically, 'oh great, coldplay are making dance music now, what happened to this band' etc. The response from another member was perfect, 'so we're not even allowed to dance to music anymore?'

• Like 3

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't even say we like Coldplay on a Coldplay fan site, then what the actual fuck?!

Yeah exactly! ... this should sort of be the harbor from all that crap Coldplay fans have had to deal with for years. And I don't mean it has to be a "safe space" where no one can say anything bad or feel disappointed, of course ... but people should feel like they can share their love of the music the band is making without being made to feel silly or unwelcome for it. If I ever reach the point where their music is so offputting that I feel angered to read others speak of it positively, I'm the one that needs to move on; not the people celebrating a thing on a forum about that thing!

However for every fandom you do get labeled and generalized, like being called pretentious for being a Radiohead fan or a little gullible teen for being a fan of One Direction. After a while it just looks so trivial and meaningless. I also see those things where people judge your intelligence on your music taste which is bs.

Definitely true and that's why I can't stand it even when people do it to fans of bands I don't like (not counting jokes, I'm always up for friendly humor). It's strange and in some ways fascinating how people need to dismiss others' tastes to bolster their own identity. Some people seem to be as enthusiastically against things as they are in favor of other things. I remember at one Arctic Monkeys show in 2014, my friend and I were talking to a couple of teen girls next to us and we asked what other bands they liked. They seemed really sheepish and apologetic as they said they loved One Direction and I thought that was so sad. I guess they were used to people looking down on 1D fans. We tried to encourage them, that they should just love what they love and the people who judge it are the ones who really have problems. But you're right, in the end, headphones on, turn up what you love, rock out.

• Like 2

But have newplayers really been insulted by members of their own fandom? If so that's really dumb.

They have, and it is....

But before I get called out for taking sides, respect goes both ways and so both sides need to work at it to patch things up. Both sides are guilty of some things, and have work to do. Again, its a shame we can't even say we like coldplay in our own forum. If we can't do it here, how can we expect to do it anywhere else?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Currently singing along to the one and only number 1 of the Dutch Q-music top 1000 best songs ever, which is off course Fix you!!!!! :heart:

Also Coldplay was the biggest supplier of songs, with no less than 18 songs in the top 1000!

• Like 1

Yeah I don't know 100% why but liking coldplay can be a very controversial thing around people. Like when telling friends or something, after they ask you what bands you like they either roll their eyes at you or say something about you liking "generic" bands. Or they also really like coldplay... I swear it isn't the same with like any other bands.