✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

Apology accepted. Now let's forget about this drawn out debate and listen to what we want/post in the threads we want without attacking each other.

You just attached me and Rickulus though. @I ran away title for Oldplaying was creative, I liked it, I copied it, but NOT to mock him. Half the time, most of us can closely relate to the Oldplayers so why would I mock them. I just made this thread to have a forum that's not strictly one era, like the Oldplaying and Newplaying are (not that that's bad). Just because I copy a name doesn't mean I'm mocking, as mocking has negative connotations and I'm not attempting to express negativity. Also how can you tell the passive-aggressiveness based on a title? Passive-aggressiveness is found in a tone of voice, not words. Alright now we can stop this childish arguing that wasn't even started by us, as we were being "yelled" at (through words of course).

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright now we can stop this childish arguing that wasn't even started by us, as we were being "yelled" at (through words of course).

I think thats what he was trying to do/say when he said "Now let's forget about this drawn out debate".

• Like 1

I copied it, but NOT to mock him. Half the time, most of us can closely relate to the Oldplayers so why would I mock them. I just made this thread to have a forum that's not strictly one era, like the Oldplaying and Newplaying are (not that that's bad). Just because I copy a name doesn't mean I'm mocking, as mocking has negative connotations and I'm not attempting to express negativity. Also how can you tell the passive-aggressiveness based on a title? Passive-aggressiveness is found in a tone of voice, not words. Alright now we can stop this childish arguing that wasn't even started by us, as we were being "yelled" at (through words of course).

Oh cmon now.

This is a thread to celebrate ALLLLL of Coldplay's work. And by that I mean not being like Oh I only like Parachites to AROBTTH or whatever.

Just go ahead and re read this quote and the one above it a couple times until it sinks in.

The thread's purpose is a little too meta. It's in the Coldplay: The Band, The Music section which already gives you an idea of what the threads should be about. I don't see why there needs to be a thread facilitating general discography discussion seeing as the sub-forum shares that exact use. If anything it's stagnating new threads being made on Coldplay's music because most of them could be met with "Just use the Coldplaying thread." The New and Old threads represent the themes, ideas, music, and performances of the band during certain times and more importantly phases in their career. To specifically speak for the Oldplaying thread, the time period is over, it's a clear cut period of time that can be analyzed and contrasted from current works (which I think is important to do because it brings out qualities in old works that aren't there in the newer ones) so it can facilitate really great, usually focused discussion.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks this discussion is beginning to drag a little ? I feel like I would waste time by posting a comment here now. Everything I wanted to say has already been said.

I agree. There is no need to keep saying over and over again which side we're on. Whatever we said or add won't change our point of view.

Oh cmon now.

Just go ahead and re read this quote and the one above it a couple times until it sinks in.

The thread's purpose is a little too meta. It's in the Coldplay: The Band, The Music section which already gives you an idea of what the threads should be about. I don't see why there needs to be a thread facilitating general discography discussion seeing as the sub-forum shares that exact use. If anything it's stagnating new threads being made on Coldplay's music because most of them could be met with "Just use the Coldplaying thread." The New and Old threads represent the themes, ideas, music, and performances of the band during certain times and more importantly phases in their career. To specifically speak for the Oldplaying thread, the time period is over, it's a clear cut period of time that can be analyzed and contrasted from current works (which I think is important to do because it brings out qualities in old works that aren't there in the newer ones) so it can facilitate really great, usually focused discussion.

Cause there are others that designate exact and small time periods and their career! It's only fair. There aren't any threads that discuss Coldplays whole discography. Oldplaying (1998-2006 (2009)), Newplaying (2011-present). This thread is SUPPOSED to discuss phases in there whole career in one place, where the outlook is generally (but definetely not always) positive. If it weren't for people like you always arguing about this thread maybe discussions wouldn't be stagnant and maybe we could have some good discussion like in the first few posts. No one was trying to start stuff. If you think i'm lying explain to me why. What would be the point of lying about this, it's pointless. And it is a complete fact that usually the opinions stated by Oldplayers are usually disagrees with and people get mad at them. It's just the way it is for them. Also sorry for my very clear intro when I made the thread and I meant to say Parachutes, not Parachites (it's my favorite album :)). I'm with the others on this just let it go, you really really didn't have to reply.

I want this thread to go back to what it was made for, a thread to appreciate all the stages of Coldplay's life trying to look at the positive things because we know Coldplay won't change what they've done, it doesn't matter if we like it or not.

Here it is a good interview from 2002 done by a Mexican TV program. It is in English with subtitles in Spanish :)

And it is a complete fact that usually the opinions stated by Oldplayers are usually disagrees with and people get mad at them. It's just the way it is for them.

Because we are in the Newplay Era and most forum members here are those that like Coldplay's new stuff.

In 2003 in this forum most people would've hated what Coldplay would later become.

And believe me, we equally disagree with your opinions. But I thought you know that by now.

• Like 1

BELIEVE IN LOVE they said (i didn't read the last few posts but still....) long live to all the Coldplayers....... and let me refer you to Mr Christopher Martin's quote about Coldplay fans..... easily found on the net if you so wish!

I have lost the link of the site that has a lot of downloadable stuff from Coldplay. Can anyone send it to me? It's like a forum. It has some black and white skin. Please. Can't remember the name.

Because we are in the Newplay Era and most forum members here are those that like Coldplay's new stuff.

In 2003 in this forum most people would've hated what Coldplay would later become.

And believe me, we equally disagree with your opinions. But I thought you know that by now.

Oh no yeah that is 100% true as well.

Have you guys seen the Bigger Stronger video? Well, here's a video of the band commenting on it:

Of course I've seen it, which makes me wish I was a fan of them back in that time. I'm enjoying all this excitement around Ghost Stories and AHFOD and I can't imagine how older fans feel with the beginning of each new era. I know some feel disappointed, but what about the ones who still think Coldplay is the soundtrack of their lives for more than 15 years? It should be amazing to see a band growing up with you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Of course I've seen it, which makes me wish I was a fan of them back in that time. I'm enjoying all this excitement around Ghost Stories and AHFOD and I can't imagine how older fans feel with the beginning of each new era. I know some feel disappointed, but what about the ones who still think Coldplay is the soundtrack of their lives for more than 15 years? It should be amazing to see a band growing up with you.

Same, sometimes it makes me really sad that I missed so much. I wish I would have been born 10 years earlier so maybe I could already have fallen in love with them from the beginning... [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1