✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

After listening to X&Y and AHFOD I rediscovered why Coldplay is one of the best bands of the century IMO. Different styles and different emotions that I can relate to. Most of the times is not about the sound it's about what they want to share through their songs and that's what makes the difference.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny is the man on all albums but I think he has grown exponentially with the later works. Compare his work on Parachutes or A Rush to what he later did on MX and now AHFOD. He is just blossoming more and more!

I think that all of them have blossomed and have sounded so good on every album. Jonny is great, and obviously Chris is too; I love listening to both of them. But they dominate nearly every song. I would love to hear some new music that really highlights Guy and Will more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh my god

i'm crying at chris's expression in the second one

They all look so young and pudgy in the older one...and England pale with a very English style. They have thinned out, matured, and become more cosmopolitan. And they are tan now - much, much traveling now to warmer, sunnier spots.

Oh my God they're freaking babies

no wait they're my age on that pic

THEY'RE BABIES

and Chris looks like he ate a frog that's still moving in his stomach :laugh3:

Hahaha! Chris does look like that! Great description!

They all look so young and pudgy in the older one...and England pale with a very English style. They have thinned out, matured, and become more cosmopolitan. And they are tan now - much, much traveling now to warmer, sunnier spots.

the clothes i think add a lot to that pudge. so maybe they have thinned out but are also wearing much tighter clothes than back then :P

• Like 1

Yeah a little listening party before bed....it gets so quiet in my dorm room, so it is nice to have some Coldplay company!

So true! I won't have any Internet connection this weekend and I think it's a great moment to listen to Coldplay's discography from the beginning to AHFOD in order. The evolution of Coldplay is interesting because it reflects also their evolution as humans. Perhaps some of us can relate to them or at least I can do that when they sing about their fears and hopes.

• Like 2

I

So true! I won't have any Internet connection this weekend and I think it's a great moment to listen to Coldplay's discography from the beginning to AHFOD in order. The evolution of Coldplay is interesting because it reflects also their evolution as humans. Perhaps some of us can relate to them or at least I can do that when they sing about their fears and hopes.

Thought about doing this once but never got around to it... On an instrumentals live stream I did go from AROBTTH to GS (it took GS forever to start and of course people were making jokes like it broke the Internet it was so bad lol.) It really does take you through a journey of themselves and start they've gone through, gradually becoming bigger and more confident with each release just like themselves as people. More free. Doing it I think it will make more sense why they made AHFOD the way they did. Still not sure what's up with Stargate and these pop collabs but oh well. Nothing lasts forever. Just gotta enjoy what they put out because one day they are going to call it one. Sorry to break all of your hearts. It's the ugly truth. Face it. Your favorite thing will one day be only a memory and very far in the future may not even be a memory at all. Just nothing compared to the vast sea of other things out there... Makes me sad to. Believe me. :( But don't let it break your heart. Admire what we have now and don't waste time thinking about worse days because it will all add up in the end. Enjoy it while we can. :)

• Like 1

Today I went to see Supersonic, the documentary about Oasis. It helped me to understand the band a little bit. At the end I couldn't help but think how awesome it'd be that Mat Whitecross really directs a Coldplay documentary. He did a great job with the Oasis one. Coldplay is such an amazing song and so different to the rest. They always care about their fans and the live shows. They've broken boundaries among music genres. Some might not like that but a lot seem to like it. They don't follow the "rock & roll rules". They just want to make music people might love because their songs come from their hearts. I love this band so much and I'd like the world to see how awesome this group of friends is. They might have had difficult times but they are strong enough to overcome them.

• Like 3

You know he's doing exactly that right?

I know, but I want that to be a real thing. It’s known Coldplay recorded live footage for a live DVD in the Viva era but it never saw the light of day. I don't want this to be just an idea.

• Like 1

For me it's October 24, so to keep celebrating the 5th year of Mylo Xyloto I want to ask you:

What is your favorite thing about this album and era? :)

:| there is no way i could ever pick one thing so here's a list:

i love how sci-fi spacey the album is :glasses2:

i love that there is a (vague) story that the whole album revolves around. it's sad that we never got to see that story as a film, but at least we have the comics - although i've only ever read the first issue :P

i loved that the boys continued to wear costumes relating to the album theme as they did with VLV (and i suppose you could say they technically did it with X&Y as well but certainly not in the same way). i've always appreciated Chris's comment about the costumes being like a kind of uniform for them.

i loved that we got to hear some of the songs in concert (read:festivals) before their studio versions were released

i love the pop-up book/studio diary

i love that i got to see them from the first row at my MX concert (even if i almost hit Jonny in the head with one of those balloons :uhoh:)

i love the Buckin Love during IMP

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the live version of GPASUYF. that song will probably always be my favorite live CP song, but the MX version is the absolute best out of all the variations they've done so far

and mostly i just love how much the album speaks to me and my own personal style, in both the music, the visuals, and the overall emotion (optimism? :nod:)

what is yours, @alisbe ? :wacko:

• Like 2