✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-04-01] Estadio Unico de La Plata (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Guest LiquidSky

This is one of the better quality Fix You recordings that has popped up from the 3/31/16 gig so far. You can hear Chris in pretty good quality throughout the entire thing.

To be honest, I like that they are switching it up a bit, and I even like the way he is switching up how he is singing it so far.

----

Great recording of The Scientist

• Like 3

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely, but that's pretty normal for them to do. They covered Billie Jean for like most of the Viva tour and it fit very well.

And don't forget Ring of Fire for Twisted Logic tour. It's basically paying homage to great artists that have passed. I think it's great that they're doing a Bowie cover as part of the tour.

• Like 1

let's be fair to the guys, when you play a song every night for years and years, and you make another tour and you just KNOW you have to play that song again, you kinda have to try to change things a little bit so playing that song won't bore you much and will still make it interesting, like how they are playing Yellow a lot faster for example ... and it's not the first time they used the intro to Midnight for another song, they also did it during the Super Bowl when the Clocks/Fix You/Up&Up started , you can hear the Midnight intro very well !

• Like 1

I like the changes to Fix You, actually. It's never been a favorite of mine, I have to say, and I'm really tired of hearing it live. But I understand that it's one of their biggest hits and that they have to play it, because many people want to hear it. I appreciate that they're trying it a little differently. And I agree, that they probably don't want to get bored by their own songs.

I always like it when they shake things up. The techno mix if GPASUYF & Talk still remains my favorite, though.

• Like 3

I like the changes to Fix You, actually. It's never been a favorite of mine, I have to say, and I'm really tired of hearing it live. But I understand that it's one of their biggest hits and that they have to play it, because many people want to hear it. I appreciate that they're trying it a little differently. And I agree, that they probably don't want to get bored by their own songs.

I always like it when they shake things up. The techno mix if GPASUYF & Talk still remains my favorite, though.

I agree completely with you. I'm all about dropping Fix You from the setlist, but will that ever happen? It's very unlikely. So I'm glad they are at least doing something a bit different.

And GPASUYF is so good it sounds awesome in every version (the techno remix, MX version, etc). I'm kinda sad because it's a song I really enjoy, but it was time that they gave it a rest for a while.

• Like 1

Don't take my word for it as I have never been interested in trying it, but at least here in Mexico (and I guess it works the same in Latin America) most of the big bands usually stay in the same hotel when they come. So someone may go and see if they are there and you know information flies quickly through twitter and facebook and that's how most people find out (or at least that's how I think it happens :P).

I don't know if it works like that in other countries though...

thank you! Heres to hoping i get lucky in London