✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams Tour - Setlist Stats

Christo670

As the European leg of the tour is over now as well, I updated my stats. (Note: Festival appearances and promo shows not included.)

:)

LEG 1 & 2 – SOUTH AMERICA & EUROPE

30 concerts in 14 countries, 19 cities and 19 venues.

They played 45 different songs (6 new additions in Europe of which two were covers), 679 songs overall. The average setlist had 23 songs.

From the 679 songs played in total:

- 32% were from A Head Full Of Dreams (-1 pp vs. just Leg 1 SA)

- 15% were from Mylo Xyloto

- 15% were from Ghost Stories

- 12% were from A Rush Of Blood To The Head

- 8% were from Parachutes

- 6% were from X&Y (-1 pp vs. just Leg 1 SA)

- 5% were cover songs

- 5% were from Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends (+1 pp vs. just Leg 1 SA)

- 2% were from The Blueroom EP (+1 pp vs. just Leg 1 SA).

Birds and Army of One had their live debuts (both in Buenos Aires).

Seven songs have been played after taking a live hiatus for five or more years: See You Soon (last played in 2003), A Rush Of Blood To The Head (2007), A Message (2010), Parachutes (2011), Politik (2011), Shiver (2011), and The Hardest Part (2011).

13 different audience requests were chosen for the C-stage. 37% of the requests played overall were from Parachutes, 37% from AROBTTH, 17% from X&Y, and 3% each from The Blueroom EP, Viva La Vida and Mylo Xyloto.

The songs were:

- In My Place (6x)

- Don’t Panic (4x)

- Shiver (4x)

- The Hardest Part (3x)

- Trouble (3x)

- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (2x)

- Green Eyes (2x)

- A Message (1x)

- A Rush Of Blood To The Head (1x)

- See You Soon (1x)

- Speed Of Sound (1x)

- Strawberry Swing (1x)

- Us Against The World (1x)

The average show had an attendance of 56,000 people.

The biggest audience for a single show were 76,000 in London, the smallest crowd 41,000 people in Bogotá. The biggest overall audience in one place were 304,000 at the four shows in London. Attendance in total was 1.69 million. :o

• Like 6

Does it feel like to anyone else that the audience request songs are really limited, or even a little "pre-determined"? With only 13 different songs played in 30 shows, there isn't as much variety as I expected (hoped for). I know the main set list songs are out, and they're limited to acoustic versions, but some songs are getting way more attention than others. I suppose the songs might be selected by popular demand. Maybe that's why the song title is tagged, so they can tally up the requests easily. Or I fear the songs are chosen in advance, and the tags are just used to find a random request video to show at the concert. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but my shows in Chicago are coming up soon, and I have doubts about anything we can control to help our requests get chosen. If there's a thread on this topic somewhere else, please let me know so I can vent there. Sorry to be such a downer in this great set list stats thread. [emoji53]

EDIT... someone started a thread on audience request songs for the US tour, so I found my venting place. [emoji18]

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?posts/5835196

Or I fear the songs are chosen in advance, and the tags are just used to find a random request video to show at the concert.

This is what I think the band does. Not gonna complain that much, I mean we got AROBTTH, Strawberry Swing and See You Soon (didn't expect this one at all!)

• 2 months later...

Hi. Thanks for the post!

I noticed in the European section, you've got the setlist for the 11th June in Zurich down twice, instead of the setlist for the 12th. I was there on the 11th, so I don't know what the setlist was for the 12th, but I know there were one or two changes.

Here are my updated stats including the North American leg. (Note: Festival appearances and promo shows not included.)

LEG 1, 2 & 3 – LATIN AMERICA, EUROPE & NORTH AMERICA

52 concerts in 15 countries, 38 cities and 38 venues.

40 shows were in outdoor arenas, 12 shows in indoor arenas.

Leg 1 – Latin America: 10

Leg 2 – Europe: 20

Leg 3 – North America: 22

They played 54 different songs (41 of their own songs, 13 covers), 1,184 songs overall. There were 9 new setlist additions in Northern America of which 8 were covers (Violet Hill was the only Coldplay song they added).

The average setlist had 23 songs. At the most 24 songs were played (several shows), while the shortest setlist had just 19 songs (first Chicago date due to truncation caused by a storm).

From the 1,184 songs played in total:

- 31% were from A Head Full Of Dreams (-1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 16% were from Ghost Stories (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 13% were from A Rush Of Blood To The Head (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 6% were from X&Y

- 6% were cover songs (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 5% were from Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends

- 1% were from The Blueroom EP (-1 pp vs. Leg 1&2).

Birds and Army of One had their live debuts on this tour (both in Buenos Aires).

Seven songs have been played after taking a live hiatus for five or more years: See You Soon (last played in 2003), A Rush Of Blood To The Head (2007), A Message (2010), Parachutes (2011), Politik (2011), Shiver (2011), and The Hardest Part (2011).

15 different audience requests were chosen for the C-stage. 35% of the requests played overall were from AROBTTH, 29% from Parachutes, 26% from X&Y, 4% from The Blueroom EP, and 2% each from Viva La Vida, Mylo Xyloto and covers.

The songs were:

- Til Kingdom Come (8x)

- In My Place (7x)

- Don’t Panic (7x)

- Green Eyes (6x)

- Shiver (5x)

- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (4x)

- The Hardest Part (3x)

- Trouble (3x)

- See You Soon (2x)

- A Message (1x)

- Speed Of Sound (1x)

- Strawberry Swing (1x)

- Earth Angel (cover, 1x)

The average show had an attendance of 46,000 people.

The biggest audience for a single show were 76,000 in London, the smallest crowd 13,000 people in Indianapolis. The biggest overall audience in one place in a row were 304,000 at the four shows in London. Attendance in total was 2.4 million.

Gross revenue is estimated to be $221 million.

• Like 6

Here are my updated stats including the North American leg. (Note: Festival appearances and promo shows not included.)

LEG 1, 2 & 3 – LATIN AMERICA, EUROPE & NORTH AMERICA

52 concerts in 15 countries, 38 cities and 38 venues.

40 shows were in outdoor arenas, 12 shows in indoor arenas.

They played 54 different songs (41 of their own songs, 13 covers), 1,184 songs overall. There were 9 new setlist additions in Northern America of which 8 were covers (Violet Hill was the only Coldplay song they added).

The average setlist had 23 songs. At the most 24 songs were played (several shows), while the shortest setlist had just 19 songs (first Chicago date due to truncation caused by a storm).

From the 1,184 songs played in total:

- 31% were from A Head Full Of Dreams (-1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 16% were from Ghost Stories (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 13% were from A Rush Of Blood To The Head (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 6% were from X&Y

- 6% were cover songs (+1 pp vs. Leg 1&2)

- 1% were from The Blueroom EP (-1 pp vs. Leg 1&2).

Birds and Army of One had their live debuts on this tour (both in Buenos Aires).

15 different audience requests were chosen for the C-stage. 35% of the requests played overall were from AROBTTH, 29% from Parachutes, 26% from X&Y, 4% from The Blueroom EP, and 2% each from Viva La Vida, Mylo Xyloto and covers.

The songs were:

- Til Kingdom Come (8x)

- In My Place (7x)

- Don’t Panic (7x)

- Green Eyes (6x)

- Shiver (5x)

- The Hardest Part (3x)

- Trouble (3x)

- See You Soon (2x)

- A Message (1x)

- Speed Of Sound (1x)

- Strawberry Swing (1x)

The average show had an attendance of 46,000 people.

The biggest audience for a single show were 76,000 in London, the smallest crowd 13,000 people in Indianapolis. The biggest overall audience in one place in a row were 304,000 at the four shows in London. Attendance in total was 2.4 million.

Gross revenue is estimated to be $221 million.

You are great! Thanks.

Do you work with stats?

It is not fair that VLVODAAHF doesn't have the love it deserves during this tour.

Norys

You are great! Thanks.

Do you work with stats?

I work with a lot of numbers, but not stats specifically. I just like them, lol. :P

It is not fair that VLVODAAHF doesn't have the love it deserves during this tour.

Absolutely agreed! Amen.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, finally had the time to update my stats with the last two legs. Enjoy! :blush:

LEG 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 – LATIN AMERICA, EUROPE, NORTH AMERICA, OCEANIA & ASIA

68 concerts in 24 countries, 49 cities and 49 venues.

54 shows were in outdoor arenas, 14 shows in indoor arenas.

Leg 4 – Oceania: 6

Leg 5 – Asia: 10

They played 63 different songs (47 of their own songs, 16 covers) – 1,546 songs overall. There were 9 new setlist additions in Oceania & Asia (Swallowed In The Sea, Christmas Lights, Something Just Like This, Ink, Warning Sign, All I Can Think About Is You & 3 covers).

From the 1,546 songs played in total:

- 30% were from A Head Full Of Dreams (-1 pp vs. Legs 1-3)

- 16% were from Ghost Stories

- 13% were from A Rush Of Blood To The Head

- 6% were from X&Y

- 5% were cover songs (-1 pp vs. Legs 1-3)

- 1% were from The Blueroom EP

- 1% were from Kaleidoscope EP (+1 pp vs. Legs 1-3)

Three songs were played live for the very first time. Birds and Army of One had their live debuts in Buenos Aires (2016). All I Can Think About Is You had its live debut in Tokyo (2017).

Eight songs have been played after taking a live hiatus for five or more years: See You Soon (last played in 2003), A Rush Of Blood To The Head (2007), Swallowed In The Sea (2007), A Message (2010), Parachutes (2011), Politik (2011), Shiver (2011), and The Hardest Part (2011). Additionally, eight more songs hadn’t been played since 2012.

18 different audience requests were chosen for the C-stage. 37% of the requests played overall were from AROBTTH, 25% from Parachutes, 25% from X&Y, 3% from The Blueroom EP, 3% from Mylo Xyloto, 3% from Viva La Vida, 2% from Ghost Stories and 2% covers.

The songs were:

- In My Place (13x)

- Til Kingdom Come (11x)

- Don’t Panic (8x)

- Green Eyes (7x)

- Shiver (6x)

- The Hardest Part (3x)

- Trouble (3x)

- See You Soon (2x)

- Us Against The World (2x)

- A Message (1x)

- Ink (1x)

- Speed Of Sound (1x)

- Strawberry Swing (1x)

- Swallowed In The Sea (1x)

- Violet Hill (1x)

The average show had an attendance of about 46,000 people.

The biggest audience for a single show were 76,000 in London (2016), the smallest crowd 12,700 people in Indianapolis (2016). The biggest overall audience in one place in a row were 304,000 at the four shows in London (2016). Attendance in total was about 3.13 million.

Gross revenue is estimated to be $308 million. The average ticket price was $98.

• Like 9