✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why Coldplaying?

alisbe

During this tour we have heard amazing stories about happiness, disappointment and even love. But, all of them have something in common: they involve the fantastic time coldplayers have shared with other coldplayers. So, it came to my mind the question "Why Coldplaying?" There's a thread about why Coldplay and we have talked about the role the band have in our lives, and this time I'm wondering why did you decide to join the forum? Why being part of this community is as meaningful as following Coldplay? I'll share my thoughts later and maybe you have shared your experience in this forum in other threads, but this time let's praise in one thread the people who make Coldplay even bigger: coldplayers!

• Like 7

Guest diogo_sg

First of all, lovely thread. Thank you for starting it [emoji4]

So, I joined Coldplaying about a year ago (tomorrow is actually my first anniversary!! [emoji1]) and, at first, it was mainly to just keep up with everything the band did and never miss any news. But now it is a lot more than that.

I cannot go through one single day (as long as I'm able to get an internet connection) without visiting Coldplaying.

And of course it isn't just because of the band, the news and whatever. It's also because of the wonderful time I always have here and the amazing chats with the awesome members. We're like a (reeeeeally) big family spread all around the globe. And I usually miss my family when I'm far from them for a long time, so I guess it is the same situation here. I feel this need to come here everyday and check out how everyone is, chat a bit, play some games and, of course, look for Coldplay-related news.

Right now, it's very hard to imagine my life without Coldplay and Coldplaying. These things have become such a big part of me!

I really do feel like I've known all of you since I was born! And that's something truly amazing, given I've only been here for a year (and many members have joined after me as well), we don't even speak the same languages nor live in the same country/continent. Despite all this, I've never felt so at home and confortable around people I don't know personally! Coldplay and Coldplayers have this ability to make everyone feel welcome, good and happy. And that's probably what I love the most about this place: the warmth. When I log in here it feels like I'm logging in Parachutes.

Besides, I've had so many beautiful moments here reading your crazy stories, watching/listening to a concert live with people who are oceans away from each other, laughing out loud while reading some extremely funny posts...

Conclusion: I love Coldplay and I love Coldplaying and I'm unable to picture my life without them. It does sound cheesy but it is the truth. Love you guys! [emoji7]

PS

So so so sorry about this gigantic rant!! But I guess I needed to get this out of my chest [emoji12]

I can't remember how I found it but it was after my first concert a few or two ago. Its the only place I can keep up-to-date with Coldplay news and be with like-minded people. It's also nice to be a part of a family of people across the globe who all love Coldplay. Here, I can obsess over them without sounding weird.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I hit my one year anniversary in May and I can't believe how kind everyone has been. This site has such a strong community of amazing people and I'm glad to be the owner of it! Here's to another year :)

• Like 4

You really wanna know why I joined the forum?

YOU READY FOR THIS?!?!?!

I wanted to download shit for free from the multimedia section, and I needed an account for that

tumblr_o5hh17nPgF1tch284o1_250.gif

• Like 10

I joined Coldplaying two weeks ago, but for me this place already feels like home. I came here after going to my first Coldplay concert. It was an amazing experience, so when I realized it was over I felt empty, like something was missing. Then I started looking for some way to feed my increasing Coldplay fever, and that's how I found this place. This web is exactly what I was looking for and much more! I log in every day to catch up, play funny games and read your great stories. Besides, my family and most of my friends hate CP, so it's awesome to feel I'm not the only one who love the band so much... it makes me feel like I'm part of something, like I belong :)

Hope being round here for a long time guys! ;)

• Like 4

I found coldplaying because I was looking for info about Chris' bracelets and there was a whole thread about them :lol:

I joined because it had a lot of good info, news stuff and random stuff too like the bracelets and roadies. Back then (ugh, I sound like such an old person) the forum was a lot busier, filled with cool (and some not so cool) people so it was really fun even though I've always been a bit on the sidelines when it comes to posting (but I lurked a lot).

Also, I live for super detailed concert reviews and cping has a few of those :P

• Like 2

[uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] said pretty much how I feel.

Even if it sounds silly or cheesy, Coldplaying is like the place I've always been searching for without knowing it (same goes for Coldplay).

I never felt so at home in any community. Here I finally have a place where I can talk with others about my passion about music and coldplay (and even some other stuff) without feeling awkward or people not understanding me.

Coldplayers just make you feel accepted, no matter where you're from or if you're a little bit different.

Everyone here is just so nice, even if people disagree you can just have a normal discussion without people insulting each other, like in other places in the internet or real life.

I'm only here for a few month but I just can't imagine my life without you all (and coldplay). I just can't.

Thanks for being here fam, and thanks to coldplay (& the Coldplaying team) for bringing so many fans together [emoji173]

• Like 4

Because it's the best fan site in the world! So many wonderful ppl coming together to share their love of the best band in the world. I will be here 10 years in November and I have such a great group of friends I never would have met without this forum. You guys are my second family and we all love Coldplay, what more could you ask for?

• Like 7

I had read the articles on the main site for ages... and visited the site going back to 2012, I never made an account and I don't know why?!?!? Then came 2014, Midnight had just been released and a new album was on the way, I had to join and I have never looked back since :D

• Like 2

I wanted to download shit for free from the multimedia section, and I needed an account for that

I guess it started like that for me too, this and asking a question I can't even remember about playing a Coldplay song in the Instrument room....

But I stayed for having a place where I can geek about my favorite band and not be looked upon in a weird way ! :D

• Like 2

I think I joined the forum pretty much for the same reason as @Batman I found this place and it asked me to register to have full access to the site. I joined it without even saying hi, I think it took me a year or so to introduce myself. Since then everyone has been so nice. Coldplay has the best fans in the world because they make you feel welcome. Even in the moments we haven't agreed, we've found a way to celebrate the music that brought us together. Here I can share my thoughts without feeling someone is going to judge me. I have the feeling that I've made new friends from all over the world and I hope one day I get to meet you. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts and thanks for making this forum like a second home for all of us :)

• Like 4

i'm pretty sure that was the same reason i created my account. :P

my "joined" date is July 2006 but i was on the official Coldplay.com forums back then (RIP) and stayed on there even past the point that Coldplay technically let those boards go, until one day in early 2009 that website completely vanished. then there was a Coldplay forum-shaped hole in my heart and i remembered this great website and came here instead to finally put my account to use :blush: and man was this place BOOMING back then... i spent so many hours of the last two years of my high school life on these boards, met so many friends who have been very important to me ever since

after MX era ended i sort of fell out of the habit of coming here every day, but i'm back now because once again i feel a lack of people around me who also share in my deep deep love for Coldplay :P i still keep in touch with a lot of the people i met through Coldplaying, though a lot of them aren't on here anymore... but some of you guys are still here! that's fun! and it's always great to meet new Coldplayers too :cheesy::dance:

• Like 5

Is this still going on?

i'm pretty sure that was the same reason i created my account. :P

my "joined" date is July 2006 but i was on the official Coldplay.com forums back then (RIP) and stayed on there even past the point that Coldplay technically let those boards go, until one day in early 2009 that website completely vanished. then there was a Coldplay forum-shaped hole in my heart and i remembered this great website and came here instead to finally put my account to use :blush: and man was this place BOOMING back then... i spent so many hours of the last two years of my high school life on these boards, met so many friends who have been very important to me ever since

after MX era ended i sort of fell out of the habit of coming here every day, but i'm back now because once again i feel a lack of people around me who also share in my deep deep love for Coldplay :P i still keep in touch with a lot of the people i met through Coldplaying, though a lot of them aren't on here anymore... but some of you guys are still here! that's fun! and it's always great to meet new Coldplayers too :cheesy::dance:

I often hear that the boards used to be much busier, where did everyone go?

I often hear that the boards used to be much busier, where did everyone go?

based on the people i used to talk to most on here, i think a lot of us were high-school aged during the VLV-era, so after that we all moved on to college and out into the adult world and it's easy to lose track of things when that happens :P plus the band were just starting to do a lot of the really cool and often interactive things that they do now, so back then it was new and exciting, but now it's more normal :shrug:

• Like 3

I first joined the site because I was looking for some instrumentals, particularly the X Marks the Spot instrumental lmao :cool3:. I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR, so if anyone knows where to get it, hit me up! Ever since then, I've been roaming this site like a drone, searching and searching... I never formally introduced myself either haha

I first came for news updates on AHFOD. But I've come to realize that these forums are a music community where I can share my thoughts on music that's more than just Coldplay.

I also came because of the multimedia for free shit, like @Batman and a crapload of other people :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Their music inspired me so much. i never thought i'd love coldplay so much. im really genuinely happy to be a part of this community. even though i don't know you all in person, but it feels like im home with a bunch of people who loves coldplay as much as i do.

Welcome to Coldplaying, Athena! I'm so happy to be a part of this community as well and I hope it continues to bring you joy during your time here. :)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Their music inspired me so much. i never thought i'd love coldplay so much. im really genuinely happy to be a part of this community. even though i don't know you all in person, but it feels like im home with a bunch of people who loves coldplay as much as i do.

Hey Athena! Welcome to the Coldplaying family! [emoji6]

Welcome here :)

• Like 1