✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Name your Top 5 Coldplay songs

karvi22

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally don't like to think of Coldplay songs in terms of one being better than another, so this was a hell of an exercise. I first listed 11 songs that I basically can't live without : ) and then finally arranged the top 5 :sweatdrop:. My list changes a bit sometimes but here it is anyway.

1. Talk

2. Clocks

3. One I Love

4. Murder

5. All Your Friends

• Like 5

Ugh this is so hard :bigcry: and my list probably changes everyday but at the moment it's:

1) Up with the birds

2) Violet Hill

3) Strawberry swing

4) Viva la Vida (it's my alarm tone atm. I always let it ring for all 4:00 minutes before getting out of bed haha )

5) Yellow - but this version of it

1. Speed Of Sound

Oh my God yes. This song D:

I will never understand why Chris dislikes it so much. I think the recording is perfect. Every time the chorus kicks in it fills me with wonder and hope idk how to explain it aksfhvnkk D:

• Like 2

I will never understand why Chris dislikes it so much. I think the recording is perfect. Every time the chorus kicks in it fills me with wonder and hope idk how to explain it aksfhvnkk D:

SoS is what i consider to be the song that really kickstarted my Coldplay fandom, so it was a little disheartening to hear that Chris doesn't really like it... but that's sort of how i feel with X&Y in general, that i know the band has issues with that album because of the journey they went through to produce it, but it's basically my favorite CP album :P

• Like 2

SoS is what i consider to be the song that really kickstarted my Coldplay fandom, so it was a little disheartening to hear that Chris doesn't really like it... but that's sort of how i feel with X&Y in general, that i know the band has issues with that album because of the journey they went through to produce it, but it's basically my favorite CP album :P

Yes! I've said this a few times before but that was the song (and album) that made me a fan. :) It's a bit frustrating when I hear how much Chris doesn't care for it, and how much the whole band doesn't care for a lot of the album :(

• Like 1

Might change in the next few minutes...

Dang this was hard, but my top 5 switches often.

Haha I had the same feeling... after I had finished writing my top I wanted to include Lost and Up In Flames, but then I looked at it again and thought I couldn't erase non of that awesome songs... so maybe this is a never-ending story haha

• Like 1

Haha I had the same feeling... after I had finished writing my top I wanted to include Lost and Up In Flames, but then I looked at it again and thought I couldn't erase non of that awesome songs... so maybe this is a never-ending story haha

Same, remembered GPASUYF and X&Y. Just so many good songs lol

• Like 1

This will be difficult, and I think I'll take to much time trying to write this post.

My number 1 will always be Viva La Vida, The rest changes very often

1. Viva La Vida

2. Prospekt's March

3. Spies

4. A Head Full Of Dreams

5. O, Clocks, Talk, X&Y, AROBTTH, Amazing Day :D

• Like 2

YES!

After posting my top five and reading the replies, I wondered how I was able to forget Lost, Fix You (!!!), Strawberry Swing, etc...

And suddenly I realised that it is impossible to name only five favourite CP songs. :D

• Like 3

YES!

After posting my top five and reading the replies, I wondered how I was able to forget Lost, Fix You (!!!), Strawberry Swing, etc...

And suddenly I realised that it is impossible to name only five favourite CP songs. :D

I can do my top five pretty easily... but if you asked me for top ten, that's another story[emoji14]

ah man, as soon as i saw the title of this thread i was like HELL YES!!

A Message

In My Place

No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground

Glass of Water

Up with the Birds

:wacky:

I can do my top five pretty easily... but if you asked me for top ten, that's another story[emoji14]

Nice choice ;-)

I totally agree with Glass of Water and No More Keeping my feet on the Ground.

(Relistening these songs right now just because of you ;-) )

But to me, it makes it even harder to list my top five.

I think that it is easier to name ten but still somehow impossible :D

• Like 1

My top 5 favorite Coldplay songs are the follow (each with a little explanation!)

1. Prospekts March/Poppy Fields - Lyrics in the song are just magical, especially "Here I lie, on my own in a seperate sky."

2. Speed of Sound - It reminds me when I used to hear it on the radio when I was young. I didn't know the band or song name, but it gives me flashbacks of when I was younger.

3. Viva La Vida - The only reason I performed with my own band is this song. It really just inspired me to create a band and play. We played VLV and it was a huge success. 6 months of planning and whatnot and we did it. It really just is important because we worked really hard and never gave up!

4. Shiver - It is just a favorite song to be honest.

5. Any song I didn't mention before - I love all Coldplay songs! Picking my favorites is ALWAYS a struggle! :P

• Like 2