✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin's Piano Sound: Kawai MP9000 - Mp9000 rac - secret unveiled + sound demos!

gabry1090

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing! Would you be able in future to upload the notes in .wav? so that we can assign them on the keys and get that fantastic sound!

This is a kind way to say: can you sample the piano? Ahaha! I'm sorry, I won't sample the piano, both for legal and time problems, plus I am not able to do it for all the velocity layers, sorry. Go with ex pro samples instead, they are really good.

amazing! Would you be able in future to upload the notes in .wav? so that we can assign them on the keys and get that fantastic sound!

Well since im not a selfish person....I commit to sample the MP9000 ASAP and share it with anyone interested in play with that magnific sound... Meanwhile, Im available to help anyone who wants to make the Kawai EX Pro samples sound exactly like the MP9000... Believe me I got just the right recipe ;) Just PM message and I will help anyone interested

Well since im not a selfish person....I commit to sample the MP9000 ASAP and share it with anyone interested in play with that magnific sound... Meanwhile, Im available to help anyone who wants to make the Kawai EX Pro samples sound exactly like the MP9000... Believe me I got just the right recipe ;) Just PM message and I will help anyone interested

It is not a problem of being selfish, it is a problem of being capable. And I am not capable to do that, end of the story. So good luck :)

It is not a problem of being selfish, it is a problem of being capable. And I am not capable to do that, end of the story. So good luck :)

I didn't say you were...

Anyway, the MP9000 is a very easy one to sample since its digital, It should be done in about a month or so...

It is not a problem of being selfish, it is a problem of being able for me ;) and it is not easy

I didn't say you were...

Anyway, the MP9000 is a very easy one to sample since its digital, It should be done in about a month or so...

If someone does it as a job yes, but I am a web designer, not a musician :) Anyway, it is really difficult to make it sound 100% the same, even Chris abandoned this idea cutting away the keyboard and making it a rack unit. It is not easy, and it will take a lot of time, this is the main problem I think. Give me your opinion ;)

Coldpl

It is not a problem of being selfish, it is a problem of being able for me ;) and it is not easy

If someone does it as a job yes, but I am a web designer, not a musician :) Anyway, it is really difficult to make it sound 100% the same, even Chris abandoned this idea cutting away the keyboard and making it a rack unit. It is not easy, and it will take a lot of time, this is the main problem I think. Give me your opinion ;)

They stop using the rack unit in the MX Tour...;They sampled the rack unit, and now they run the samples in a Muse Receptor. It is not all sample the piano with the exact sound since its a digital one... a really difficult one would be an Acoustic one...

Coldpl

They stop using the rack unit in the MX Tour...;They sampled the rack unit, and now they run the samples in a Muse Receptor. It is not all sample the piano with the exact sound since its a digital one... a really difficult one would be an Acoustic one...

And when did they use Ex pro samples? Yes, but I've never sampled an instrument in my life...only some notes of an organ, which are on/off, a piano has sensitivity, and I don't know where to start from! I'd really like to sample the MP9000 to play it with my main piano which is a yamaha, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that...

I am playing the yamaha with ex samples for now, but i am not satisfied by the sound

And when did they use Ex pro samples? Yes, but I've never sampled an instrument in my life...only some notes of an organ, which are on/off, a piano has sensitivity, and I don't know where to start from! I'd really like to sample the MP9000 to play it with my main piano which is a yamaha, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that...

I am playing the yamaha with ex samples for now, but i am not satisfied by the sound

I remember back in 2008 when the MP9000 had some problems during a concert and they used those backup samples, no one noticed that...

Well you can play the MP9000 Through the Yamaha using MIDI IN/OUT. I really love sound engineering and MIDI...For me its an easy job. About the EX Pro samples....well they can sound 100% accurate...

I remember back in 2008 when the MP9000 had some problems during a concert and they used those backup samples, no one noticed that...

Well you can play the MP9000 Through the Yamaha using MIDI IN/OUT. I really love sound engineering and MIDI...For me its an easy job. About the EX Pro samples....well they can sound 100% accurate...

Oh that's an interesting story! Yes I used midi in/out (same thing that used Chris with the rack) only to test the MP9000 with the Yamaha, but then I had to move the Kawai in another room for space problems, and now I can't do that anymore...

I really believe it, but It needs a lot of tweaks and this need a lot of time, and that was the cause of my decision to buy the MP9000...i will tweak again Ex pro samples as soon as I have a little spare time, I think they will sound good with the Yamaha, it will be a nice solution :)

It would be great to know the configuration, yesterday I downloaded the kawai ex pro samples and erased them because I could not get the proper configuration after a long time. I have also tested the Galaxy Vintage D samples in Kontakt and after setting them for a long time I got a very similar sound. It is another very good option!

A while ago I saw that you uploaded a .wav of fix you, then I cut your notes and made them match using the Kontakt program, it was amazing! I wondered if it would not be the same with the MP9000?, record a .wav so that we can then cut them ourselves.

It would be great to know the configuration, yesterday I downloaded the kawai ex pro samples and erased them because I could not get the proper configuration after a long time. I have also tested the Galaxy Vintage D samples in Kontakt and after setting them for a long time I got a very similar sound. It is another very good option!

A while ago I saw that you uploaded a .wav of fix you, then I cut your notes and made them match using the Kontakt program, it was amazing! I wondered if it would not be the same with the MP9000?, record a .wav so that we can then cut them ourselves.

Organ keys are on/off, piano has velocity layers, you need to record all the notes with different sensitivity, plus you need a good player to play all the notes of a layer with the same touch...as I said before, what you are asking is called "sampling a piano" and I am not able to sample a piano, I've never sampled a piano in my life, sorry. I'd really like to have mp9000 samples too so I can play them with my Yamaha piano, but unfortunately I can't.

Organ keys are on/off, piano has velocity layers, you need to record all the notes with different sensitivity, plus you need a good player to play all the notes of a layer with the same touch...as I said before, what you are asking is called "sampling a piano" and I am not able to sample a piano, I've never sampled a piano in my life, sorry. I'd really like to have mp9000 samples too so I can play them with my Yamaha piano, but unfortunately I can't.

I get what your saying, and it does sound like a lot of work! Thanks for being so responsive and trying to help all of us out with this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I get what your saying, and it does sound like a lot of work! Thanks for being so responsive and trying to help all of us out with this.

It is not only a lot of work...you need to know how to do that, otherwise it would be a lot of work and time wasted, because it will sound like s**t :) So I prefer to stick with EX Pro Samples with the Yamaha and I'll use the MP9000 as a standalone piano. Next tutorial will be Everglow, I'll use my Yamaha piano as always, but this time with ex pro samples, so you will hear them ;)

It is not only a lot of work...you need to know how to do that, otherwise it would be a lot of work and time wasted, because it will sound like s**t :) So I prefer to stick with EX Pro Samples with the Yamaha and I'll use the MP9000 as a standalone piano. Next tutorial will be Everglow, I'll use my Yamaha piano as always, but this time with ex pro samples, so you will hear them ;)

Ok, thank you, that would be awesome. And the EX Pro samples are atleast something right? Do you know where I can get those?

I understand, now I see that would be a long work. Many thanks for the explanations, congratulations on the MP9000, it is the dream of many to have that keyboard, Regards!

I understand, now I see that would be a long work. Many thanks for the explanations, congratulations on the MP9000, it is the dream of many to have that keyboard, Regards!

If one day I will manage to find Someone capable of sampling my kawai you guys will be the first to know and to have these samples ;) cheers

Ok, thank you, that would be awesome. And the EX Pro samples are atleast something right? Do you know where I can get those?

They sound a little bit different, but in a positive way...they sound less digital and more real :) you will hear them soon, you can buy them on their website, or ask Google for the alternative ways I can't say here :)

They sound a little bit different, but in a positive way...they sound less digital and more real :) you will hear them soon, you can buy them on their website, or ask Google for the alternative ways I can't say here :)

Oh I didn't know I could buy them, I will give that a shot! Thanks!

Hello everyone...

I finally got the hold of a Kawai MP900..... Im gonna start sampling the keyboard this week in the studio with the help of some work friends...

I hope you understand it will be a huge work putting all together to sound perfect...so please "give me time and space" to assembly this wonderful samples to share with all of you

• Like 4

Hello everyone...

I finally got the hold of a Kawai MP900..... Im gonna start sampling the keyboard this week in the studio with the help of some work friends...

I hope you understand it will be a huge work putting all together to sound perfect...so please "give me time and space" to assembly this wonderful samples to share with all of you

Good luck!

Hello everyone...

Great!! very good luck!! :D

Hello everyone...

Amazing! good luck!!!

Hello everyone...

Wow, that's awesome, congrats! This is an incredibly nice thing to do, and we understand the time and work needed for such a task. Thank you and good luck!!

I say this because for a while I worked in their team... Besides the MP9000 which was previously replace by samples the KawaiEX Pro was used as a backup system which was uploaded to a Muse Receptor. The KawaiEX pro really worked for them, althought it had a lot of processing before it comes out in the speakers..... In the current tour Chris left this samples and started using a new sound...If you notice the sound now is more organic instead of the really exagarated bright sound used in previous tours

The MP9000 is an excellent piano sound, not very organic tough and very 'digital'

wow, you worked in their team? that's amazing! do you know what sound they are currently using?