✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

#Resist

I ran away

Apparently more and more Republicans find the project to put up a wall between the US and Mexico too expensive.

If Trump can't convince them that he can "earn back" the costs, they are planning to vote against the finance plan in Congress.

i've seen things saying that if he is going to build the wall he should build it out of solar panels. making the best out of a stupid idea :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently more and more Republicans find the project to put up a wall between the US and Mexico too expensive. If Trump can't convince them that he can "earn back" the costs, they are planning to vote against the finance plan in Congress.

Well, call that a right cause for the wrong reasons...:!

But whatever helps avert it, I guess

Sometimes it's not practical to cut them out of your life completely, like in my case for example. Sometimes the best you can do is try to challenge their views and try to get along as best as you can.

I think that racism is due to a lack of exposure to other people. It's sometimes coupled with a dogma, philosophy, or teaching which spreads the fear around. Those people just need to get out more, travel more and see other places and diversity of people. I remember when I saw a black person for the first time - I was horrified. It just takes some learning.

You were really afraid of black people? That's interesting and kind of surreal to hear. I'm glad you were able to experience and become a changed person though. Some people don't want to change in spite of experience.

I do know that a lot of those friends I talked about before have very little experience of the world outside their communities. I also think it's an echo chamber effect, where everyone kind of bounces back on whatever info is in their circle.

My uncle had an international food store and as a kid I had to hang out there a lot. It exposed me to a lot of different cultures growing up, so I never gave it a thought about others being different or weird. But I understand that a lot of people don't get to grow up the way I did.

Yeah I was kinda taken back by that as well. Some people you would have had to be around, who gave you that impression, must of been just plain awful. I guess I am kinda the same as tov1988, living in Australia is pretty much living in a multicultural world. You interact with people from different backgrounds and places everyday, everywhere you go.

You were really afraid of black people? That's interesting and kind of surreal to hear. I'm glad you were able to experience and become a changed person though. Some people don't want to change in spite of experience.

I do know that a lot of those friends I talked about before have very little experience of the world outside their communities. I also think it's an echo chamber effect, where everyone kind of bounces back on whatever info is in their circle.

My uncle had an international food store and as a kid I had to hang out there a lot. It exposed me to a lot of different cultures growing up, so I never gave it a thought about others being different or weird. But I understand that a lot of people don't get to grow up the way I did.

I know. It sounds like a horrible thing to say, I probably look like an idiot right now for it. I never saw a black person until I moved to the United States. And it certainly didn't help that my parents were afraid of them, too. Thank god I attended a public school, which is where my exposure came from.

Yeah I was kinda taken back by that as well. Some people you would have had to be around, who gave you that impression, must of been just plain awful. I guess I am kinda the same as tov1988, living in Australia is pretty much living in a multicultural world. You interact with people from different backgrounds and places everyday, everywhere you go.

That's cool. I have that opportunity now, and I don't discriminate between groups of people - it seems so irrational to me - but there is that initial reaction I had to get past, and of course when you're young, you might not be capable of doing that. I guess there's always room to open up your mind. Imagine if there was a nationality of purple people that you've never seen before. It could take some getting used to interacting with them.

That was such a long time ago, though. I don't even know why I'm talking about this in so much detail. LOL.

• Like 2

Yeah nah, nobody is trying to point you out or anything, we are all just a bit curious (at least I am...), and that was in your past. But yeah if you put it that way it does make sense, that you are coming from a more unsure angle than a "I hate these people of this skin colour because that's what I have grown up believing" point of view.

Thanks to a retweet by @coldplayisawesome, I saw this on Twitter. It's the link to a survey sent to Trump supporters by the Trump for President Campaign.

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

It's got to be the worst designed survey I ever read, all of the questions are suggestive, some of the sentences written so complicated (double negations...) that I am sure it will be above the level of understanding achievable by the hardcore Trump fanbase at least :P

I just took part. If you're outside the US like me, well, you can always make up a fake name and email adress with a random zip code...oh wait, I meant: an alternative fact name, email adress and zip code.

• Like 2

Thanks to a retweet by @coldplayisawesome, I saw this on Twitter. It's the link to a survey sent to Trump supporters by the Trump for President Campaign.

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

It's got to be the worst designed survey I ever read, all of the questions are suggestive, some of the sentences written so complicated (double negations...) that I am sure it will be above the level of understanding achievable by the hardcore Trump fanbase at least[emoji14]

I just took part. If you're outside the US like me, well, you can always make up a fake name and email adress with a random zip code...oh wait, I meant: an alternative fact name, email adress and zip code.

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!

I was about to mention that too. You gotta love how it mentions Second Amendment rights, but not First Amendment. Don't you dare say anything bad about our Orange Leader because the most important issue right now is that they're tryin'a take our guns away, bruh.

^ Your post is on point because

2130699729_Onpointcia.png.b0c8431f52dbf6e3dfbd0b755e13b86d.png

42nd post 42 minutes ago

JK :p

Exactly. If you try to question what the gov't is doing, the First Amendment no longer applies, and only applies to those who try to take it away from you. o_O

• Like 1

So if I read that correctly, the DNC has voted a candidate of the "establishment" as their chairman today instead of the guy close to Sanders ?

I think that could be the wrong signal again, I was hoping they would have learned from the mistake of running with Hillary rather than Bernie as their candidate. If they continue to give off that image of an uninspired, self-serving party for the elite, they will lose out in the next elections again and then we'll be stuck with a Republican majority for ages....

What do you think @guy42 ?

• Like 1

So if I read that correctly, the DNC has voted a candidate of the "establishment" as their chairman today instead of the guy close to Sanders ?

I think that could be the wrong signal again, I was hoping they would have learned from the mistake of running with Hillary rather than Bernie as their candidate. If they continue to give off that image of an uninspired, self-serving party for the elite, they will lose out in the next elections again and then we'll be stuck with a Republican majority for ages....

What do you think @guy42 ?

Sadly, you're right. Funny how the Washington Post's headline reads "DNC chooses first Latino chair" as if this is about race, lol. This guy is pro-TPP, against single-payer healthcare, and clearly doesn't want to work for the people. Just another puppet for the billionaires. At the same time I'm not too surprised, they're completely dumb and clueless; they still think you can buy offices with money. Those days are numbered, though. What we want to do now is to Repeal & Replace Congress 2018. Resist corporatism. Resist slavery. Resist injustice.

• 2 weeks later...