✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Would a Coldplay B-sides tour be cool or lame?

onlylove

I think it'd be awesome but I don't know if that would feel like they are out of new music. I'm really getting into their b-sides though, and they very rarely seem to play them live based on what I can find on YouTube.

What do you think would be the perfect set list for such a tour? What's your favorite b-side live performances?

• Like 2

I think it'd be really cool! This is probably bad but sometimes I feel like I like their b-sides better... I really wish they would play Crests of Waves, I Ran Away and Sleeping Sun live but they're all so old.

And I love the performances of One I Love and Moses from Live 2003! I wish there were better quality videos of Gravity and Animals live on Youtube...

• Like 2

I would love such a tour. Their early B-sides are the most amazing songs ever....I Ran Away, Things I Don't Understand, Gravity, Careful Where You Stand, For You, I Bloom Blaum, Crests of Waves, you name it....

But unfortunately it's never gonna happen :(

@Carolina* if you like Moses, have you heard this ?

• Like 5

I would love such a tour. Their early B-sides are the most amazing songs ever....I Ran Away, Things I Don't Understand, Gravity, Careful Where You Stand, For You, I Bloom Blaum, Crests of Waves, you name it....

But unfortunately it's never gonna happen :(

@Carolina* if you like Moses, have you heard this ?

No I haven't before! Thanks so much-he sounds so good:)

• Like 1

I would love it, I'm just recently discovering the existance of b-sides, and it would be awesome. but I feel like it would have to be smaller crowds. I'm not sure the stage prescence for a b-side set list would be energizing enough for 90k people.

I agree. It would be best as an intimate set.

• 5 weeks later...
I would throw all my money at this

But more casual fans would probably just be very confused :p

I too would not hesitate to throw big $ into seeing this, would even travel far---it would be worth it! If they could just do a smaller tour of this concept, wouldn't have to be huge and exhausting.....just something for us superfans. Oh that would be so lovely!

Not just B-sides but songs they haven't performed much in the past few tours. I would pay big money just to see them play White Shadows or more songs from X & Y but I also realize they do not have fond memories of this time period so I guess I can just keep pouting about the fact that I missed the Twisted Logic tour :sob:

• Like 1

Well, dont kill me please........b—sides are overrated [emoji29]

I think it would be lame because they are b—sides for a reason, maybe if things i dont understand, proof, i ran away, 1.36 and the goldrush were played sometimes it would be cool but, i think that a only b—side tour would be too boring.

Well, dont kill me please........b—sides are overrated [emoji29]

I think it would be lame because they are b—sides for a reason, maybe if things i dont understand, proof, i ran away, 1.36 and the goldrush were played sometimes it would be cool but, i think that a only b—side tour would be too boring.

I have to respectfully disagree, I don't think it's possible for these four guys to be boring. They could walk into a random venue on an unplanned night, sit at their respective instruments, play any b-sides and throw a little witty commentary in between each selection and still entertain the crap out of me.

Actually, I could just sit there watching them tinker around on stage and still be happy as a clam!

• Like 1

I think it would be very cool (for us, hardcore fans). They could do a tour where they would play big stadiums and arenas just like they do now, and then add rarity gigs to small clubs or venues, or do stadium tours and rarity tours separately. Of course it would be a big challenge to rule out the "mainstream Coldplay fans" from the ticket sales from these rarity gigs, but an idea that could work.

• Like 1

Being fairly new to the Coldplay fandom family, I just found out about "Moses" and I am in love with it. I always knew that Chris had written this song for Gwyneth, but it never occurred to me to look it up and listen to it, until I randomly stumbled upon it this week. I've been listening to it on a loop.

I prefer the acoustic version.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In one of recent yet "last" couple of messages (twitter or~), there is a "forecast" that Co. will come back around 2021 with sth. special~ after this cycle from young to middle age, from the simple/fresh side of the life, through thick and thin, through "dying and re-alive", through many "trials", from "ego" to "eco" (Peter Senge - The Fifth Discipline), towards a stage of "fulfillment/achievement" yet "reflection/introspection", maybe there will be a renewal "simple/wise" sounds coming out, energies engaging in spiritual level, some of which might be the "mature/adaptation" form of the older "younger" songs, others might be the fruits of this "inner exploration/light":heart: Happy belated Earth Day (April 22nd):heart: