✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Tour Setlist speculation

Coeurli

Now that I can get behind! Sounds great! It’s not a bad song per se, it’s just the amount of backing tracks (in more than this song, let’s be honest) that bum me out a bit.

Speaking of backing tracks... does anyone else here remember the fuss around here over Clocks on the AHFOD tour? With Chris lip-syncing? I understand why he did it - his voice is changing as he gets older and he probably wanted to keep the fans happy without straining his voice too much. The man just doesn't have the heart to deprive the audience of a powerful, recognizable song that got a lot of people into Coldplay in the first place. And it really didn't detract from the experience when I was at Glasto... the crowd was very much into it. But it still felt a bit weird.

Seems to me that the setlist will be predicated on what the LP8 material's sound is like, genetically/spiritually speaking.

I think you can most definitely count on Yellow, Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Charlie Brown, (Magic or ASFoS) and (AHFoD/ or U&U).

SO there's 8 cuts, roughly 1/3 of the setlist right there.

With that in mind:

> On the last tour 6-7 songs from AHFoD made up another 1/3; safe to say 5-7 songs from EL will make up another 1/3 of the setlist;

> That leaves that last 1/3 WIDE OPEN (6-8 songs) for all kinds of things, including a b-side or two.

IMHO, if the prevailing vibe is moodier and more in the vein of GS/ARoBttH/X&Y, I could see:

Shiver;

(In My Place or Warning Sign);

(Talk or Speed of Sound);

(Lovers in Japan or Lost!);

Don't Let It Break Your Heart into Up With the Birds;

Oceans;

maybe even Fun if they have an opener who could carry it as a duet live...

I have a hunch it might be a little moodier show, given that the album art only has the words in "technicolor."

I also think the "full of surprises" thing suggests that we should not necessarily expect that same tour over again.

Given that the MX and AHFoD tours were so dizzyingly pretty and wildly colorful, something more stark like the Twisted Logic production would not be a surprise. I'm sure StrictlyFX is into a deep dive building this show as we all speculate...

So, I'm thinking moody, stark but also triumphant in spirit. That's my guess... just enough of a dive back to make Oldplay fans happy, but surely rooted in everything that makes Newplay and OURplay fans happy too...

… and FWIW, I have a desire to hear Everything's Not Lost/Life is for Living live again. :)

Oh, what I would give to hear those songs you suggested... especially Speed of Sound and Talk, but they seem dislike most of X&Y (apart from, I'd assume, Fix You and Til Kingdom Come) and tend to resort to stripped-down versions of the songs that sound good but may be abbreviated. Like, they always cut an entire verse out of Speed of Sound when they do decide to play it. I'm hoping you're right about a different flavor of Coldplay tour, though... "moody," "stark," and "triumphant in spirit"? Sounds like Viva to me. :viva:

Realistic hope: They'll play Politik and Shiver at least once. I feel like if they do a proper tour that's not an incredibly far fetched wish...but if they just play a few concerts like during the GS era that might not happen. But who knows, I will never understand why they played A Whisper for the first time (not in soundcheck?) during that tour.

One in a million: They play Low again. On the A stage. Or any of those "obscure" songs that haven't been played since 2005 would make me happy tbh. I'm excited to see the new stuff live too though!

Please, just please bring back Politik and Shiver. Bring back something more obscure. And don't tease a song by soundchecking it over and over without ever including it in the set. : unamused: *cough* One I Love *cough*

• Like 5

I see it going either way:

- Album is quite dark. So far, the atmosphere of the era is frankly super dark (poster, song titles that are frankly depressing af, love them but wow we are so going to cry). Therefore, former Coldplay songs likely to be featured on the setlist would be absolute mandatory classics + lighter, colorful songs, to keep some form of balance. In this case, unfortunately, it would be hard for our sweet Politik (my alltime fav btw) to make a comeback, since the new songs would already be filling her role of darkness and political commentary.

- Album is not as dark as it seems. However, the theme is still super political. Therefore, former Coldplay songs likely to be featured on the setlist would be the classics + potentially dark, intense songs - and then Politik could likely make a comeback, because it would finally fit the overall theme again, but still bring diversity and balance into the set.

• Like 3

The Sunrise set will include more positive, uplifting material like AHFOD and Mylo along with the new songs, while Sunset will include stuff like Ghost Stories, AROBTTH, and Viva that is a little darker in tone

Why not the other way round ?

If the track names of the snippets are real, Arabesque (from Sunrise) sounded way darker to me than Orphans (from Sunset). And somehow I can't see them closing the album with the darker half.

• Like 2

If the band decides to go against established tradition and opens shows with a song that isn't the first one on that era's record--and my theory about dividing the main set into Sunrise and Sunset halves isn't correct--then I think Orphans would work very well as an opener. It'd do a great job of getting the crowd fired up.

• Like 1

-Hypnotised (I really hope it does at least, didn't Chris even say they wanted to spare Hypnotised for the next tour, when Chris performed it solo in Stade de France?)

DID CHRIS ACTUALLY SAY THAT IN PARIS???

I swear I remember something about this!

EDIT: He did indeed! Listen around the 35 second mark of the video.

When you look at the lyrics, it actually fits pretty well with the themes they've got going for Everyday Life so far. I could go on and on but in short if they want the setlist to really reflect the message of the album, Hypnotised would be a great song to include in the set.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1