✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Tour Setlist speculation

Coeurli

Yes, it's early.

No, we don't even have confirmation they will tour this double album in a proper way.

BUT STILL

As we get closer to the album release and we learn more and more, discussion in the main LP8 thread is going to get messy and we WILL speculate on possible setlist choices so I figured it would be safer to create a dedicated thread right now.

Now we don't even have the tracklist for EL ( :dazzled: ) so on this part obviously we can't speculate (yet).

But we can wonder : which songs are we sure to be performed at every concert ? and which songs that aren't necessarily mandatory but could still be performed, could go well with this era (from the little we know from it already) ?

For instance, from Chris' various performances for Hollywood people, it seems that they would at least have a core setlist composed of Yellow, Viva, Fix You, ASFOS and SJLT

What are your predictions ?

• Like 6

Well, we can be sure that some songs surely won't leave the setlist. My bet for the "core setlist" is:

- Yellow

- Clocks

- The scientist

- Fix you

- Viva la vida

- ETIAW

- Paradise

- ASFOS

- Magic (maybe not)

- AHFOD

- Adventure of a lifetime

- SJLT (meh)

• Like 3

-Set opens with LP8 track one, thats pretty much a lock.

-Id expect most of the songs from LP8 will be on the set, like, 80% more or less. That is not to say most of the set will be from LP8, theres a difference!

-Usual big hits will remain. im talking Yellow, Viva, Fix You, The Scientist, etc

-Hopefully we get surprised with a few oldies, dareisay, maybe even a b-side?

-I wonder what songs from LP7 will make the cut? Adventure of a Lifetime seems good, but I dont know what else...I was never big on Birds, Everglow might perhaps as a c-stage thing if they choose to keep that part of the show.

-Id also be curious to see if KEP songs make it on

• Like 4

Opening and ending track will probably be from the new album.

Now, some songs that aren't "core setlist", but probably will be played (maybe not every night):

- Everglow

- Hymn for the Weekend

- Amazing day

- A L I E N S (I want it so much!)

- All I can think...

- Princess of China

- Charlie Brown

- UFO

- Ink or Always in my head from GS

- Violet hill

- Speed of sound or The Hardest part from X&Y

- God put a smile

- Shiver

- Don't panic

• Like 2

Besides the usual suspects:

-I predict and hope Up&Up will stay in the setlist.

-Maybe Violet Hill will return.

Part of the fun is thinking about what song they might drop - for example most of AHFOD they did NOT play In My Place and when they did, it was an acoustic request song. For this tour, I predict they might drop ETIAW since ASFOS has a similar energy + Paradise I'd argue is a little more famous, and Everglow, because it's so personal.

And of course part of the fun is guessing what back catalogue song will come back.

-I'd like to see the Goldrush get played...it's too thematically relevant not to!

-Green Eyes, in a full-band context with slide guitar and stuff, for its acoustic style

-Life is for Living (Everyday Life!)

• Like 4

The main set will be divided in two, with one half being centered around "Sunrise" and the other around "Sunset." The Sunrise set will include more positive, uplifting material like AHFOD and Mylo along with the new songs, while Sunset will include stuff like Ghost Stories, AROBTTH, and Viva that is a little darker in tone (along with new songs, of course). Then they'll do the standard encore fare with something acoustic, a well-known song or two that was left out of the main set, and a new song to close the show.

Well, at least this is what I'm hoping for. With rarities sprinkled throughout. But I'm not expecting many rare songs to actually show up in the setlist, certainly not on a regular basis. I might be wrong, though...

• Like 3

Okay, so I think the pre LP8 songs they will realistically include are:

[spoiler=More under cut, got a bit long]

Yellow

Clocks

Fix you

Viva La Vida

The Scientist (unpopular opinion but SNOOZE)

A Sky Full of Stars

A Head Full of Dreams

Up & Up

Paradise

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

Charlie Brown

The ones I’m badly hoping for a return of and are possible are:

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

Life In Technicolour ii

Don’t Let It Break Your Heart

Hurts Like Heaven

Glass of Water

Songs that I love and would be a dream but that I highly doubt will make an appearance:

Trouble (maybe)

Gravity

See You Soon (maybe)

Sparks (maybe)

I Bloom Blaum (I will sooner win the lottery)

Proof

O

Amsterdam

Moses (maybe if I get struck by lightning)

Careful Where You Stand (never in a million years)

Up With the Birds (pleeeeaaaase)

This was quite fun! You can see how many times every song has been played and other statistics https://www.setlist.fm/stats/coldplay-3d6bde3.html

Songs that I swear will make me leave the venue in anger if they include it in the setlist:

Princess of China (I didn’t pay to see Rihanna on a screen thank you very much).

Oops, that ended up being my dream setlist. Sorry for going off topic! I realistically think the setlist will be around 23 songs and 30% from LP8. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 5

Songs that I swear will make me leave the venue in anger if they include it in the setlist:

Princess of China (I didn’t pay to see Rihanna on a screen thank you very much).

I was lucky enough to go to the very first public concert of that era (rock im park at nürnberg) where it was played without rihannas vocals and screen. It was a mindblowing blast for me!

Edit:

..but I agree they can leave that one out if there s rihanna on...

• Like 3

I was lucky enough to go to the very first public concert of that era (rock im park at nürnberg) where it was played without rihannas vocals and screen. It was a mindblowing blast for me!

Now that I can get behind! Sounds great! It’s not a bad song per se, it’s just the amount of backing tracks (in more than this song, let’s be honest) that bum me out a bit.

• Like 1

Now that I can get behind! Sounds great! It’s not a bad song per se, it’s just the amount of backing tracks (in more than this song, let’s be honest) that bum me out a bit.

In the end we always get a great show anyways :)

I miss at least one song per concert that I wish they had played instead of another. To satisfy me until the last day of all days they must play everything they have plus b-sides and unreleased stuff I guess :p

• Like 4

In the end we always get a great show anyways :)

I miss at least one song per concert that I wish they had played instead of another. To satisfy me until the last day of all days they must play everything they have plus b-sides and unreleased stuff I guess :p

Haha! I don’t think that’s unreasonable? A gig with the absolute complete discography? What would that be, around 350 songs including all b-sides and unreleased demos? No biggie! Weeklong festival.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Seems to me that the setlist will be predicated on what the LP8 material's sound is like, genetically/spiritually speaking.

I think you can most definitely count on Yellow, Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Charlie Brown, (Magic or ASFoS) and (AHFoD/ or U&U).

SO there's 8 cuts, roughly 1/3 of the setlist right there.

With that in mind:

> On the last tour 6-7 songs from AHFoD made up another 1/3; safe to say 5-7 songs from EL will make up another 1/3 of the setlist;

> That leaves that last 1/3 WIDE OPEN (6-8 songs) for all kinds of things, including a b-side or two.

IMHO, if the prevailing vibe is moodier and more in the vein of GS/ARoBttH/X&Y, I could see:

Shiver;

(In My Place or Warning Sign);

(Talk or Speed of Sound);

(Lovers in Japan or Lost!);

Don't Let It Break Your Heart into Up With the Birds;

Oceans;

maybe even Fun if they have an opener who could carry it as a duet live...

I have a hunch it might be a little moodier show, given that the album art only has the words in "technicolor."

I also think the "full of surprises" thing suggests that we should not necessarily expect that same tour over again.

Given that the MX and AHFoD tours were so dizzyingly pretty and wildly colorful, something more stark like the Twisted Logic production would not be a surprise. I'm sure StrictlyFX is into a deep dive building this show as we all speculate...

So, I'm thinking moody, stark but also triumphant in spirit. That's my guess... just enough of a dive back to make Oldplay fans happy, but surely rooted in everything that makes Newplay and OURplay fans happy too...

… and FWIW, I have a desire to hear Everything's Not Lost/Life is for Living live again. :)

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how they will tour the albums and what what will be the overall theme and vibe of the albums. If it would be something like Ghost Stories tour, in smaller venues, I could see them them dropping many "hits" in favour of performing a lot of stuff from the albums and a couple more rare songs here and there. But considering how big Coldplay has gotten, I'm thinking it will be huge venues again and older bigger hits will take a big chunk of the setlist. Usually when bands start having a lot of material and a harder time choosing songs, many bands try out song medleys and shortening some of the more usual songs so that is possible as well.

Or who knows, maybe they would do a small promo tour in more intimate venues with more varied sets, and then huge shows for the actual world tour. Part of me is hopping one of the albums is going to be darker with a small tour in small venues, and then the other album will be more happier and will be toured in the usual bigger scale.

As far as the stable songs, here are my guesses:

-Yellow

-The Scientist

-Fix You

-Viva la Vida

-Paradise

-ETIAW

-ASFOS

-AOAL

-HFTW

-SJLT

-Hypnotised (I really hope it does at least, didn't Chris even say they wanted to spare Hypnotised for the next tour, when Chris performed it solo in Stade de France?)

Songs that still could be stables or rotate with some of the songs above:

-Clocks

-Charlie Brown

-Magic

-Everglow

-Up&Up

Songs that I could see appearing, but not being played as often. I'm getting a more VLV album vibe from the leaks so:

-Death and All His Friends

-Lovers in Japan

-Life in Technicolor ii

-Politik

-Til Kingdom Come

-GPASUYF

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Well, we can be sure that some songs surely won't leave the setlist. My bet for the "core setlist" is:

- Yellow

- Clocks

- The scientist

- Fix you

- Viva la vida

- ETIAW

- Paradise

- ASFOS

- Magic (maybe not)

- AHFOD

- Adventure of a lifetime

- SJLT (meh)

HFTW?

This would never happen, but imagine how cool it would be if they covered an Apparatjik song

One of the ones where Guy sings lead vocals? If only...

• Like 1

Realistic hope: They'll play Politik and Shiver at least once. I feel like if they do a proper tour that's not an incredibly far fetched wish...but if they just play a few concerts like during the GS era that might not happen. But who knows, I will never understand why they played A Whisper for the first time (not in soundcheck?) during that tour.

One in a million: They play Low again. On the A stage. Or any of those "obscure" songs that haven't been played since 2005 would make me happy tbh. I'm excited to see the new stuff live too though!

• Like 4

WILD THEORY: Violet Hill/HFTW medley

It would be perfect seeing as they’re the same tempo. Maybe Violet Hill is played by Chris at a piano on his own at first before the whole band launches into the one chord explosion we all know and love from the song, which is used as an extended buildup before dropping into HFTW and then maybe that also becomes the Seeb remix version toward the end of that. Is that a bit out there?

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

WILD THEORY: Violet Hill/HFTW medley

It would be perfect seeing as they’re the same tempo. Maybe Violet Hill is played by Chris at a piano on his own at first before the whole band launches into the one chord explosion we all know and love from the song, which is used as an extended buildup before dropping into HFTW and then maybe that also becomes the Seeb remix version toward the end of that. Is that a bit out there?

Hey they managed to mash up Clocks, Fix You, and Up&Up. :lol:

• Like 2