✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Daddy - Sunrise

Coeurli

Flying is one of my favorite things in the whole entire world, and I love how I can just play this song and feel like I'm floating anytime I'd like. I just want to put this song on repeat and fall asleep to it on a twenty hour flight. The visuals are beautiful, and they perfectly capture my daydreams in everyday life. Apparently, the video is supposed to represent a child reflecting on their memories of their father as they float in the sky. There's no doubt I'm going to be listening to this song on repeat once I move thousands of miles away. My childhood memories are strongly associated with my father, and I used to think it was the coolest thing in the world that he's from a different country. (and I still do!) I'm going to hear this song live one day, no matter what it takes. My dream is to hear this song with my dad before I move in a few years.

As for the actual video, I'm enjoying every second of it already. There's something very graceful about it, which captures the carefree feeling you can only get from floating and watching the world pass by. When the girl gets scared, she holds onto the whale (Her father maybe?) for support. It's seems like this video will have some heavy symbolism in it, that you'll be able to interpret any way you'd like. As the whale starts to fall apart, the girl clings onto the whale until they fall together. Then the girl falls on her own, and I'm impressed how much emotion that a doll without a mouth can show. I particularly enjoy the part where she looks up from the whale at the bird flying by. As stated in a different thread, I have pet birds that I'm worried about leaving behind.

I'm hoping that the video will contain a lot of floating in it, and admiring the how beautiful the world is from a bird's perspective. The sound clip used in the preview is from a later part of the song, and I'm thinking that it the video might fade from sunrise to sunset. Sunrise could be her spending time with her dad, before she loses contact with him and he ultimately disappears from her everyday life altogether. Then the sunset part could show how she gets on without him, while always keeping him in her memories. Eventually, she's reunited with her father again, and they make new memories.

All in all, this video will play a very big role in my daily life. I can definitely see how it will affect others as well, because it seems to be written for people who are far away from their parents. This song is going to comfort a lot of people, especially the part where Chris says that everything is okay. I couldn't be happier with the beautiful video they made for this song.

I think the video will be released in around three weeks or so. Probably some time after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. What do you guys think the video will be like? When do you think it'll be uploaded? And lastly, how does this song play a role in your everyday life?

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Flying is one of my favorite things in the whole entire world, and I love how I can just play this song and feel like I'm floating anytime I'd like. I just want to put this song on repeat and fall asleep to it on a twenty hour flight. The visuals are beautiful, and they perfectly capture my daydreams in everyday life. Apparently, the video is supposed to represent a child reflecting on their memories of their father as they float in the sky. There's no doubt I'm going to be listening to this song on repeat once I move thousands of miles away. My childhood memories are strongly associated with my father, and I used to think it was the coolest thing in the world that he's from a different country. (and I still do!) I'm going to hear this song live one day, no matter what it takes. My dream is to hear this song with my dad before I move in a few years.

As for the actual video, I'm enjoying every second of it already. There's something very graceful about it, which captures the carefree feeling you can only get from floating and watching the world pass by. When the girl gets scared, she holds onto the whale (Her father maybe?) for support. It's seems like this video will have some heavy symbolism in it, that you'll be able to interpret any way you'd like. As the whale starts to fall apart, the girl clings onto the whale until they fall together. Then the girl falls on her own, and I'm impressed how much emotion that a doll without a mouth can show. I particularly enjoy the part where she looks up from the whale at the bird flying by. As stated in a different thread, I have pet birds that I'm worried about leaving behind.

I'm hoping that the video will contain a lot of floating in it, and admiring the how beautiful the world is from a bird's perspective. The sound clip used in the preview is from a later part of the song, and I'm thinking that it the video might fade from sunrise to sunset. Sunrise could be her spending time with her dad, before she loses contact with him and he ultimately disappears from her everyday life altogether. Then the sunset part could show how she gets on without him, while always keeping him in her memories. Eventually, she's reunited with her father again, and they make new memories.

All in all, this video will play a very big role in my daily life. I can definitely see how it will affect others as well, because it seems to be written for people who are far away from their parents. This song is going to comfort a lot of people, especially the part where Chris says that everything is okay. I couldn't be happier with the beautiful video they made for this song.

I think the video will be released in around three weeks or so. Probably some time after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. What do you guys think the video will be like? When do you think it'll be uploaded? And lastly, how does this song play a role in your everyday life?

The video will premire, shorty after the album's release. So in 7 days.

• Like 1

Reading this post alone made me emotional...

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

It’s an astonishingly beautiful song, the piano too. I have cried with it a lot today (but then I did lose my Dad a couple of years ago). I think this is their best ballad for a long time. I’m also glad they’ve had the courage to come up with something as unabashedly moving as this again.

• Like 3

This song will be tough to listen to while they're on tour. I can't help but think of their own kids and how they might feel when their daddies are away.

On a lighter note, I saw a YouTube comment on the video that made me smile.....

Fix You (or insert your own choice here): "I'm the saddest Coldplay song ever"

Daddy: "Hold my boat"

• Like 3

I love and hate this song XD , i hate it because it' made me cry XD its like its sound is feasting on my soul :(

And because of the clip , i can't help it to think about that emmigrant image from that 3yo boy who is washed ashore. :pensive:if u see the video with the boat , i' feel like chris was inspired by it.

***MIGHT BE SCHOCKING FOR U !!!! ****

https://images2.persgroep.net/rcs/n3TgYm_k_-A08M_PGYj_enTvFcU/diocontent/112592591/_crop/0/79/1440/814/_fitwidth/763?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My favorite song of the album. Love this piano ballad of this group. Chris say in interview to this song was personal and introspective of him, because this was written at the point of view of a child missing a father. Because he wasn't so much present for Apple and Moses when he was on tour, but he love his childrens. This song was all about that. He write this song to help all the peoples with thier father work far away and was thier father wasn't present so much in thier life.