🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

:cheesy:

Ooohh! great videos, Elena!

I absolutely LOVE Give Me Strength. I had resisted listening to it all the way thru til I got my Up to Now, and I just listened to it properly (turned up loud, without screaming kids in the background) two days ago and I think it's the most beautiful song. :heart: That acoustic version is amazing. His voice just floors me. :wacky:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found these two seemingly brandnew videos:

YouTube- Snow Patrol - Interview (Vic Galloway Show 2010)

YouTube- Snow Patrol - Give Me Strength (acoustic)

What I found most interesting were the facts about Gary's two projects! I'm already starting to get SO excited! :dance: Both ideas/projects sound great and I'm especially looking forward to the Tired Pony album as I really found a liking for the country-touch of the reworked songs. :) So, I take it that Gary's in Portland right now...? Can't wait for the records to be released, really. :)

And an acoustic version of "Give me strength"! :cheesy: :bomb: :dead: I'd better be careful with watching that one because, let's just say that it always makes me feel a wee bit overemotional... :rolleyes::lol:

Awesome

and take a look at that

garycollage1tile.jpg

it doesn't reminds you something?

Ah, Snow Patrol.

Not listened to them in ages. They need to pursue what they're good at methinks - make an album of tracks in the vein of Somewhere a Clock Is Ticking, an atmospheric, out there post-rock album. They're actually pretty good at that sorta stuff.

i love it all :) THANKS elena and jen for posting those vids! :)

where's the rice picture from? i haven't even seen the one of chris martin yet...fail :dozey::rolleyes:

is it just me or is "just say yes" stuck in everyone else's head due to the repeat "Leap Year" movie previews....I'm not complaining (:D I actually love it)... just saying!

i love it all :) THANKS elena and jen for posting those vids! :)

where's the rice picture from? i haven't even seen the one of chris martin yet...fail :dozey::rolleyes:

is it just me or is "just say yes" stuck in everyone else's head due to the repeat "Leap Year" movie previews....I'm not complaining (:D I actually love it)... just saying!

:lol:

here you go, Meredith, courtesy of the lovely girls in the Chris thread ;)

17chrismartin.jpg

:lol: and I was right! It *is* and Oxfam thing!

and another...

chris-martin-20050823-64431.jpg

Ah, Snow Patrol.

Not listened to them in ages. They need to pursue what they're good at methinks - make an album of tracks in the vein of Somewhere a Clock Is Ticking, an atmospheric, out there post-rock album. They're actually pretty good at that sorta stuff.

Have you heard The Golden Floor or The Lightning Strike off of A Hundred Million Suns? To me, they have a somewhat similar feel to Somewhere A Clock is Ticking... especially The Golden Floor.

man jen, i've said it before and i'll say it again... you get results hahah. thanks for those pics too - so adorable

Good suggestions for Obi (welcome by the way :) ) to for songs off AHMS. :) you're an all-star haha...off to the movies - ill let you know if anything SP related occurs.

i play the piano with chords. "Run" is actually easy in chords, but when i saw the score, i realised that there are more chords to the simple chords. :\

my hand is so small! i can barely stretch around my guitar. to make it worse, it's a classical guitar. :veryangry2:

all musicians seem to have big hands. :sneaky:

chesthairrrrrrrrr!! :lol:

oooh, begitu...my method of playing the piano is 1-handed. haha cos i find it hard to coordinate both hands...& i'm playing by ear note-by-note anyway.

yeah, classical guitar's difficult for small hands. your fingerpicking must be pretty good then. :) that's what i was learning when i was taking classes. but since i stopped, i haven't played on a classical guitar again. heh

& that picture of Gary w/o his top on!!! :stunned:

well, ok...i've actually seen it before, but i still have the same reaction every time. :P

:lol:

here you go, Meredith, courtesy of the lovely girls in the Chris thread ;)

17chrismartin.jpg

:lol: and I was right! It *is* and Oxfam thing!

and another...

chris-martin-20050823-64431.jpg

i do hope they had the sense to use fake rice (if there's such a thing) or at least recycled the rice used...the irony of the photos is that that's a LOT of rice to be dumping for a photoshoot. 2 shot glasses of rice can feed 2-3 persons with some sides.

an interview i stumbled on recently...while waiting for a pizza delivery... :dozey:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

love the bit he's talking about playing football with Coldplay!

"what we didn't realise is that they would arrive in their own kit & looking like Real Madrid to our real nightmare of a team..." :laugh3:

...& the comment about helping U2 in 2005.

Oh coolies, a thread for Snow Patrol that I apparently missed the first few times I scrolled down here (failz!me). I know I'm a little late to the party and all that but I'm a massive Snow Patrol fan-- my favourites definitely having to be 'Starfighter Pilot' and 'Lifeboats'.

I recently saw them live on their reworked tour, which was a really great night even if Gary was incredibly uncomfortable in his very snazzy suit. :laugh3:

hope you guys can forgive the huge multi-quote...

Funny you should say that, they are pretty much the two tracks that I did like off the new record (well, the Golden Floor more so).

Don't know if you're still checking this thread, but... :lol: well, I guess we had a similar thought process then. :) I also really like Engines... feels a little less like their straight-forward rock stuff. Welcome, btw. :nice:

man jen, i've said it before and i'll say it again... you get results hahah. thanks for those pics too - so adorable

Good suggestions for Obi (welcome by the way :) ) to for songs off AHMS. :) you're an all-star haha...off to the movies - ill let you know if anything SP related occurs.

:blush: Why, thank you, Meredith! I'm only useful when Bianca, Elena and Kimmi aren't around! :P

When I saw a performance of Run in Oxygen on Youtube, I fell in love with that song. Of course Chasing Cars are awesome (: But that's all SP songs I know. Yet

:) Chasing Cars is gorgeous, but you've got to check out their other stuff, too! Try starting with the album Eyes Open. :nice:

i do hope they had the sense to use fake rice (if there's such a thing) or at least recycled the rice used...the irony of the photos is that that's a LOT of rice to be dumping for a photoshoot. 2 shot glasses of rice can feed 2-3 persons with some sides.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Oh, Kimmi- that had me cracking up! You're exactly right, and I didn't even think twice about it! :P

Oh coolies, a thread for Snow Patrol that I apparently missed the first few times I scrolled down here (failz!me). I know I'm a little late to the party and all that but I'm a massive Snow Patrol fan-- my favourites definitely having to be 'Starfighter Pilot' and 'Lifeboats'.

I recently saw them live on their reworked tour, which was a really great night even if Gary was incredibly uncomfortable in his very snazzy suit. :laugh3:

Welcome! :nice: How awesome that you got to attend a reworked gig... I'm massively jealous of everyone who did! And yay that you're such a big fan... there are a few SP experts around here, alas, I am not one of them! I''m just getting to know Starfighter Pilot, though I do really like Lifeboats (but my favorite off of AHMS- aside from the Lightning Strike- is probably Set Down Your Glass). :)

Just to let you know guys

CHasing Cars is the Most played song in the UK for the decade! :)

thanks! is that the same as the "song of the decade" thing that Gary was so funny in reacting to?

OK... that's it for me. hope everyone is well...... talk to you later!

"Heart attack on a plate" :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting, Kimmi! :hug:

i've had it once here in UK...& i agree with the name!

the grease level can compete with our Asian breakfasts... :laugh3:

hi there! & welcome to the thread! :D

btw the fact that you have listed 'Starfighter Pilot' as a fave = *bows to you* :cool:

which reworked tour did you go to? :)

i agree with you. my ticket reads "An Evening with SNOW PATROL" & i have to say it was a great evening with them for me, indeed!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Oh, Kimmi- that had me cracking up! You're exactly right, and I didn't even think twice about it! :P

it only really came to mind cos we Asians love our rice (& food in general, really...) & i remember that my mum generally doesn't use a lot even for a family of 4. heh (figures that i'm thinking about food when i saw all that rice! :rolleyes: )

thanks! is that the same as the "song of the decade" thing that Gary was so funny in reacting to?

i think it's a different one. there's a few of these "song of the decade" or "most played song of the decade" charts around now in the UK & a number of them have Chasing Cars as #1...or at least Chasing Cars is somewhere on the list. with Run sometimes appearing also.

^ :lol: Yep. It actually makes me want to see that movie!

just got home from "leap year"... didn't go for the song - which is good because it wasn't in it anywhere - HOWEVER it was super cute (typical chick flick if you like those things) and the guy was a brooding scruffy irishman....does that remind you of anyone we know?....i tried to put my finger on it but just couldn't... :rolleyes:;);)

hope you guys can forgive the huge multi-quote...

:blush: Why, thank you, Meredith! I'm only useful when Bianca, Elena and Kimmi aren't around! :P

ha Jen, I agree it's hard to top those three - i try all the time on the Gary board, but no luck...bahah. I seriously get more news/pics, AWESOME vids here than anywhere (obvi)...and trust me - you are all all-stars compared to me!

So I am seeing a friend next week who needs a real pick-me-up. I wanted to make her a SP mix...she is really into Lady Gaga, Lady Hawke, No Doubt, Stevie Nicks (and Fleetwood Mac), and Hole. Anyone have any suggestions for songs to put on a cd for her that would get her hooked? She hasn't heard any of their songs - so obviously I'll have to put "Run" on there but what else should a first-timer hear...hmmm..