🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Ok, finally watched the video... :lol: loved the "crappy accents" :lol:

@Kimmi- that is indeed a very cool gig poster. Did you find it from a specific dealer on ebay, or did you just search "snow patrol posters"?

@Meredith, was glad that you qualified that statement... would hate to think of you hiding people in the corners of your room! :P

In SP news, I'm currently addicted to Signal Fire. love it.

Hope you're all well!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Boston (and still work in Boston) but I am in grad school in New York City - i go back and forth so often it's hard to just pick one! :rolleyes::):dozey:

also: i love the sound of your room - i have some cute small pics up but anytime I have people over they make fun of them...so they are hiding in the corner right now!! (the pictures, not the people) :dozey::laugh3:

ah, ok. haha sounds like me when i was working in Singapore & going back to Malaysia on just about every long weekend i could note on the calendar. :lol:

haha...thanks. my room's tiny tho. anyway, it's just a temporary room while i'm doing my postgrad (& i guess i'm technically in grad school too, like you! :) ). the plan is to have the posters framed up properly when i DO get round to having a place of my own...whenever that might actually be. :dozey:

Ok, finally watched the video... :lol: loved the "crappy accents" :lol:

@Kimmi- that is indeed a very cool gig poster. Did you find it from a specific dealer on ebay, or did you just search "snow patrol posters"?

@Meredith, was glad that you qualified that statement... would hate to think of you hiding people in the corners of your room! :P

In SP news, I'm currently addicted to Signal Fire. love it.

Hope you're all well!

i was actually searching for a poster from the Reworked Tour on eBay or any online shop...& stumbled on this one instead. there are a few others around (i saw 1 that actually had a Star Wars theme to it! complete with Snow Troopers & AT-AT Walkers! :laugh3: ) tho i think this is 1 of the cooler ones...

i'm pretty into the Reworked Tour version of Spitting Games right now...it's got a nice buildup to it. :)

Did anyone else notice that "Set Fire to the Third Bar" has climbed like a millions spots and is now @ #33 on the itunes singles chart?

@ Jen I love Signal Fire - super super songs, and hahaha i try not to keep my house guests in the corner...emphasis on try

@ Kimmi - so cool we are in the same boat with school - what are you studying?

Did anyone else notice that "Set Fire to the Third Bar" has climbed like a millions spots and is now @ #33 on the itunes singles chart?

@ Jen I love Signal Fire - super super songs, and hahaha i try not to keep my house guests in the corner...emphasis on try

Its on trailer for "Dear John" so thats probably the reason. :D

Just came here after an eternity (seriously :uhoh:) to say that I can neither wait for the new sixteen Tired Pony songs to be released, nor the Listen ... Tanks! album nor the Mercury Awards to approach. :bomb:

Hope you guys had a good time this month while two Patrollers had birthday! :nice:

I used to be obsessed with Snow Patrol, but somehow I've gotten over it. :(

But the Tired Pony song (I Finally Loved This Town - gotta love Gary's banter :D) sounds pretty awesome! Is there any word on a release date? And is the Listen... Tanks! project really happening now? I heard Black & Silver a couple of years back, that one is pretty cool as well. ^^

Hey guys. It's been some time since I've checked up in this thread but since Just Say Yes is constantly on the Radio here in DK, I felt like stepping by.

@ Kimmi - That poster is great! :cool:

@ Fietssleutel - I assume you're dutch because of your username?

Anyway, it's a shame you got over Snow Patrol. But you could always get into them again of course. :wacky:

No one around me knows other songs by Snow Patrol than Chasing Cars. But today, I was in my room and my roommate was watching tv. Then suddenyl, I heard Set The Fire To The Third Bar. I almost died from surprise where I noticed it was coming from my computer :P It was actually the trailer to the movie Dear John. I don't know about the movie, but this song is awesome.

So that movie is probably a good reason why it's getting more popular.

^Yeah, I think it definitely has a lot to do with the movie trailer. Which is really great for them... they need all the exposure they can get here in North America!

The music Awards they're performing on are coming up soon, aren't they? Does anyone know if they're available to watch internationally?

EDIT: @Bianca- We've missed you around here! There was no one around to throw Patroller birthday parties with you gone. :(

@ Fietssleutel - I assume you're dutch because of your username?

Anyway, it's a shame you got over Snow Patrol. But you could always get into them again of course. :wacky:

How'd you figure? :D

Snow Patrol have made some pretty crappy music in the last couple of years though. I don't like AHMS/new Up To Now tracks at all. But then again, my favourite record is WIAOWSHTCU, so for me nearly everything post Final Straw is a disappointment. Although Eyes Open has some decent tracks. Still love them as a band very very much. If I'd have the chance to see them live (seen them twice so far), I'd probably still go.

Ah, well.. :dozey:

How'd you figure? :D

Snow Patrol have made some pretty crappy music in the last couple of years though. I don't like AHMS/new Up To Now tracks at all. But then again, my favourite record is WIAOWSHTCU, so for me nearly everything post Final Straw is a disappointment. Although Eyes Open has some decent tracks. Still love them as a band very very much. If I'd have the chance to see them live (seen them twice so far), I'd probably still go.

Ah, well.. :dozey:

Because my parents are both Dutch but we live in Denmark. I still speak a little Dutch though. So that's why. ;)

Oh, I see. The chance of you getting into their "new" music again sounds very little then..

But since you still want to go see them live you must still feel something for them. :cool:

And yes, I argree with them being a extremely lovely band!:):)

Well, Elena could have thrown one. *accusing look to her*

Huh?! :stunned: Eh... Let me think about that one... NO?!?! Seriously, what a very odd idea is that?! :thinking: I would never throw a party without my dearest Bianca, the photo- and videoqueen. ;)

Something more topic-related: I had my very own "Crack the shutters"-moment today during English lesson. Only a crazy "Crack the shutters"-addict like me would find any relations to the song in a film about the African colonies... :rolleyes: :lol:

But I guess it's better not go into details because I'm almost sure Bianca would probably kill me for these thoughts. :anxious: So I better keep my mouth shut. :lipsrsealed2: :laugh3:

I might learn, I might learn to keep my mouth shut

Errm, no, Elena, you'd never. :dozey: :lol:

But I was allowed to write a whole essay about Snow Patrol today in music class, so I got my personal Snow Patrol moment as well. :smug:

By the way: You could throw a party! Why the hell not?

I might learn, I might learn to keep my mouth shut

Errm, no, Elena, you'd never. :dozey: :lol:

But I was allowed to write a whole essay about Snow Patrol today in music class, so I got my personal Snow Patrol moment as well. :smug:

By the way: You could throw a party! Why the hell not?

Of course I will. I'm still keeping it shut (at least concerning the above topic), you see? (But it's fairly easy because I know you wouldn't want to know it anyway... :P).:smug:

A whole essay about them? Really? Is there any chance I might be able to read it someday? :D Did you read it in front of the class? Oh dear, how I wish I still had music class... :\

Naah... I think I wouldn't be able to do it. It just wouldn't be the same, you kow...?

No, we had to give it to the teacher and he'll read it to get to know our tastes of music. He said he's quite familiar with today's music and wants to know our favourite bands and artists. I bet he doesn't know them. :P

Anyways, I maybe get to make a presentation about them as I need to do one about Brahms and later compare the different styles in rock music. :dance:

Wellllll, I might be interested in it nevertheless ... :rolleyes:

It would be a party and you know that a party's always appreciated. :whip: :D

No, we had to give it to the teacher and he'll read it to get to know our tastes of music. He said he's quite familiar with today's music and wants to know our favourite bands and artists. I bet he doesn't know them. :P

Anyways, I maybe get to make a presentation about them as I need to do one about Brahms and later compare the different styles in rock music. :dance:

Wellllll, I might be interested in it nevertheless ... :rolleyes:

It would be a party and you know that a party's always appreciated. :whip: :D

Sounds like a nice teacher! :) And even if the name doesn't say anything to him... After having read your essay, he'll be interested in their music. It just has to happen like that, I feel it! :D

Oh, so you say you might be interested in it nonetheless? And what if I just mention three words that are "connected" with that song? You're SO going to beat me for that, I can foresee that. :rolleyes: :P

Yes, but it won't be a party like the ones we're used to because... Well, just because you're the party promoter. :D

:laugh4: I see it coming, I turn my whole school into Coldplay and Snow Patrol lovers. (I'm so influencing all of them, my teacher of sports even offered me to bring the new Editors album next time so we can listen to it during class! :D)

And the words I'd beat you for are not written yet. :hug: But I hate four words, not only three, to be honest. :lol:

There you go, you just want me to be part of it so I can make the invitations! :P

:laugh4: I see it coming, I turn my whole school into Coldplay and Snow Patrol lovers. (I'm so influencing all of them, my teacher of sports even offered me to bring the new Editors album next time so we can listen to it during class! :D)

And the words I'd beat you for are not written yet. :hug: But I hate four words, not only three, to be honest. :lol:

There you go, you just want me to be part of it so I can make the invitations! :P

Then I figure it'd be a really nice school if everyone listened to Coldplay, Snow Patrol and Editors. :) (And I guess even sports would be (at least more) bearable with nice music playing in the background. :lol:)

Aww, that was very kindly said! :hug: And yeah, you're right... I forgot about the "your"... But I guess that word's okay, I mean, not as "objectionable" as the others... At least in your opinion. ;)

Ah, that's not true! You know, our "team" isn't complete without you! :stunned:

It's a nice school already, I just try to spread my taste in music! :D (And we already had Kings Of Leon and The XX in sports, just to name the ones I found fitting. :nice:)

So, you don't count the 'and' as a word? Straaaaaaange. :P

'We'd make a good team right away' :kiss:

I did. :confused: That's why I said it were 3 words because I forgot about the "your". But if you count it in, then it would be 4 words. Come on, I know I'm extremely bad at Maths, but still... :rolleyes: :lol:

Yay, exactly. Now you got my point. :D :hug:

ah, haven't been here in a while! i'm somehow actually unexpectedly busy with uni/studies right now. meh. :dozey:

i'm studying Computer Science. how about you? :)

Its on trailer for "Dear John" so thats probably the reason. :D

oooh.....i watched the trailer & it looks interesting. + it's based on a Nicholas Spark novel! can only mean one thing: it'll be a tearjerker (loved 'A Walk To Remember', even tho it was a pretty sad story, imo). the choice of Set Fire to the Third Bar seems well chosen for it...hope it's actually used in the movie.

oh & i just read on TTB.com today that Snow Patrol have to pull out of the Meteor Awards...cos Gary's somehow BROKEN his jaw!!! WTF Gary!!! :stunned:

PATROL SESSION ON OTHER VOICES (IRELAND ONLY)

If your lucky enough to be in Ireland this evening you can watch Snow Patrol perform on Other Voices, the acclaimed music programme that begins it’s eighth series tonight on RTE 2.

Annie Mac will be interviewing the band for the programme, which will also feature exclusive live sessions from Speech Debelle, Adrian Crowley and Low Mountain, as well as the Patrol.

You can tune into Other Voices in Ireland from 11.20pm tonight on RTE2 or for more information head to http://www.othervoices.ie.

ShareSharepermalink

Well, I'm not lucky enough to be in Ireland tonight (weird expression they're using, eh? :thinking:), but I guess we'll have some links from the Snow Patrol forum by tomorrow. At least I hope so!

Is anybody with me searching through the forum tomorrow? Can't wait to hear a new interview from the boys and maybe some new information about another album? Tired Pony? Listen ... Tanks!? :sneaky: :D