🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

yeah, I've always been scared of yawning since that incident.. :sick:

ouch! then again, i'd be scared too! :stunned:

my grandma once got lockjaw when she yawned...& a friend of mine has a tendency of doing her back in just by sneezing! freaky stuff!

@Mig-El : nice find! shall need to ask somebody i know about what's up with this re-release...heh :D

And @ Michael: I bet with you the Leona Lewis fans will think now that Snow Patrol covered her song. :lol:

Can you imagine how annoying is that, when my friends come and say: "OMG, this Leona Lewis song is sooo great" and I say, that she just covered it, but "Noo, Snow patrol covered it!!!"

:dozey:

i actually kinda like a couple of Leona Lewis' songs. her singing style's definitely not rock...it's more Whitney Houston & Celine Dion type with the (super) strong vocals.

anyway, i'm detracting, she made the song different...which, imo, is the whole point of covering a song...& thankfully it wasn't a bad cover. but the Snow Patrol ORIGINAL is still the best to me too. :)

before i left for UK i let my best friend hear Snow Patrol's Run first, then i told him about the cover by Leona Lewis. he had a listen to her cover & his feedback to me made me a very happy person! hahaha

he felt that the Snow Patrol version was much much better...cos he said Gary's voice suits the song's emotion/mood much better, the singing was better & more emotional overall (he's usually not that critical about songs, btw). :D

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually kinda like a couple of Leona Lewis' songs. her singing style's definitely not rock...it's more Whitney Houston & Celine Dion type with the (super) strong vocals.

Leona isn't a bad singer by any means, but I find her voice bland and lacking any depth.

I tried listening to her first album once, and it almost bored me to tears.

At its best, Whitney's voice was far more rich and powerful.

Mariah's is the most annoying, though. It's excruciatingly annoying (except on "All I Want For Christmas", for some reason).

i should probably add that i haven't actually listened to Leona's album. just the singles...or the songs my friends tell me about. so she hasn't had a chance to bore me to tears yet. :P

only really like 1 Mariah song too (Always Be My Baby). & i think she had a better image back in her 90s heydays than whatever image it is she's trying to portray for herself these days...but at least she & Leona don't go around dressing weird like a certain gaga lady.

i should probably add that i haven't actually listened to Leona's album. just the singles...or the songs my friends tell me about. so she hasn't had a chance to bore me to tears yet. :P

only really like 1 Mariah song too (Always Be My Baby). & i think she had a better image back in her 90s heydays than whatever image it is she's trying to portray for herself these days...but at least she & Leona don't go around dressing weird like a certain gaga lady.

That's true, but while Leona looks fine, Mariah looks very "artificial".:dozey:

ive just started listening to this band. even though i had heard of them before, i wasnt that interested. until i went on pandora and made a coldplay radio station and their song "run" came up, and i loved it!

snow patrol was one of the artists that helped me get through a VERY ANNOYING research paper.

^Glad you're liking their stuff! :D The first album of theirs I bought was Eyes Open, and I loved it. Of course, Run is off of Final Straw... which is also excellent. ;) I love the Pandora stations... great way to get to know new music!

@everyone else... You know I'm always complaining about how I NEVER hear Snow Patrol on the radio here. Well, recently one of our "independent" stations has expanded their repertoire a bit, and they are now playing JUST SAY YES!! Along with Crack the Shutters and Take Back the City! :dance:

I haven't watched the new Run video yet, but what do you guys think of them re-releasing it? Was it the best choice, or should they have chosen another song?

They are a bit late, eh, Jen? :lol: But better now than never! :nice:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3zdFzafIM]YouTube- An Olive Grove Facing The Sea[/ame]

It basically sounds 'older'. Gary's voice isn't as clear as it is now and the instruments flow together like it wasn't recorded with such a good quality like for Up To Now. But I'm no expert in such things, I just describe how I hear it. :rolleyes:

^Indeed, they do! Which are your favorites?

@Bianca- thanks for posting it! :hug: I do like the full, clean sound of the new version, though, in complete honesty, it's not my favorite song. *runs and ducks from flying objects being hurled by fellow Polar Teddies*

These flying object surely don't come from my direction. ;) An Olive Grove Facing The Sea is not one of my favourite songs either. But you never know, I hated Last Girlfriend ever since I knew it but for a few weeks now I really like it. (Side note: That won't happen to me and the other 'I-Hate-Song' though, Elena. :P)

Set The Fire To The Third Bar <3

+1.

i love Crack The Shutters too :wacky: , but i find the music video disappointing. it could have been better. :disappointed:

i find the starting of Making Enemies weird. same goes with Starfighter Pilot and PPP. :thinking:

Olive Grove, for me, is their best song that isn't The Lightning Strike (that wins by default because it's so amazingly epic). :)
You win. Well, for the Olive Grove part anyway. The original version is sooo amazing. :wacky:

@johkujii: I can't stand The OC, but the music they use is just :awesome:. Then again, it is a Josh Schwarz show, so that basically means the music is awesome by default. :D (the music on Chuck is great as well)

By the way, I received my HMH ticket the other day (I'm so old fashion :wacky:) and I noticed there is no mention of a support act. They usually print either "support act" or "special guest" on the ticket with HMH shows. I wonder.. :thinking: