✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if many of you are friends with Stefan on facebook but he posted loads of great pics and videos! here's my favourite pic:

28832_1393897602361_1079813545_31144944_6968054_n.jpg

:cheesy:

He did the same thing in Paris show!! SO CUTE <3

I don't know if many of you are friends with Stefan on facebook but he posted loads of great pics and videos! here's my favourite pic:

28832_1393897602361_1079813545_31144944_6968054_n.jpg

:cheesy:

Oh, I love that pic! :smug:

He did the same thing in Paris show!! SO CUTE <3

That was so cute, Gary hugging Nathan from behind! :nice:

+10000!! Not to forget the 'head kiss' on the piano...

Foto-HD3RD8CV.jpg

:heart:

Yes! <3 I got that on tape but the quality is awful...

And speaking of piano, there's also the "run your hand from my neck to my chest" moment with Tom! :smug:

does anyone know what in the world that Guinness Ireland FB page seem to be teasing/hinting about? cryptic messages about the time & photos around posh hotels & all... :confused:

Personally I don't 'like' Guinness Ireland on Facebook since they don't even let me see their site (you need to be over 18 years old. As if I had never drunk Guinness in my entire life before :rolleyes:). But I saw the photos. Guess they want to tease the fans (of Guinness more likely) and get them to use the livestream on Saturday.

31872_399550919735_94690604735_3970908_8059830_n.jpg?w=280&h=186

Guess those should symbolize Snow Patrol, but ... I don't recognise them. :confused: Yeah, it sounds stupid only seeing them from the hips downward but still ...

Me thinks that all these photos are from some Google search and are just symbols. The Snow Patrol Facebook page said they are in Dublin today, Guinness Ireland said they were in Bangor yesterday. Possible, though, but none of the guys are posting on Facebook.

All that is quite confusing and I guess I just quit reading those 'news'. :P

Personally I don't 'like' Guinness Ireland on Facebook since they don't even let me see their site (you need to be over 18 years old. As if I had never drunk Guinness in my entire life before :rolleyes:). But I saw the photos. Guess they want to tease the fans (of Guinness more likely) and get them to use the livestream on Saturday.

i do wonder why sites for alcohol brands even bother with the age question thing. it's not like the website can make an ID check on visitors... :rolleyes:

anyway, i don't really like Guinness much beyond 1 pint...& i did "like" Guinness Ireland (specifically) since the staff at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin were actually excited to find out that i'm from Malaysia :D ...even if only because Malaysia & Guinness go a loooooong way back historically. :dozey:

31872_399550919735_94690604735_3970908_8059830_n.jpg?w=280&h=186

Guess those should symbolize Snow Patrol, but ... I don't recognise them. :confused: Yeah, it sounds stupid only seeing them from the hips downward but still ...

Me thinks that all these photos are from some Google search and are just symbols. The Snow Patrol Facebook page said they are in Dublin today, Guinness Ireland said they were in Bangor yesterday. Possible, though, but none of the guys are posting on Facebook.

All that is quite confusing and I guess I just quit reading those 'news'. :P

i honestly couldn't tell either...i just thought it couldn't be Snow Patrol. some of the guesses/comments posted were hilarious to read anyway. someone mentioned "The Others" while another said "Saint Patrick" & then there was 1 who posted that it's The Beatles reforming. most kept assuming/guessing it was Snow Patrol, of course. :laugh3:

found out what the weird cryptic hinting around was for finally. Guinness launched Arthur's Day 2010 in Dublin today & the guys (or rather, 3 of them...from the looks of it) are there for the launch! quite liked the pix posted on FB...& Jonny seems to be the only 1 consistently with a Guinness in hand + has a "cool guy" pose going there. haha :lol:

31872_399882979735_94690604735_3978126_2521885_n.jpg

31872_399882999735_94690604735_3978128_7974545_n.jpg

And they perform live on 23rd September, one day before my birthday! :dance:

I was just talking to Elena some days ago that I was disappointed that the Tired Pony was some kind of her birthday present form Snow Patrol (rather from Gary) and they are only about to go to the studio again in October. I mean, I love that the Tired Pony record is released in July and Elena deserves an amazing present like that, but usually Snow Patrol put out something at / around my birthday as well. In 2008 it was the Take Back The City video which was posted on snowpatrol.com on 24th September and in 2009 they performed live on American TV that day. Plus there was the Just Say Yes premiere the week before my birthday.

So I'm even happier now that I know they will be performing the day before my birthday. :nice: Maybe we get to hear a new song by then? :cheesy: (It's only a week before they go back to the studio, they should not act like they haven't already something to play! :lol:)

Is it me or does Gary seem a bit pissed about the sun shining in his face? I would be. :laugh4:

And they perform live on 23rd September, one day before my birthday! :dance:

I was just talking to Elena some days ago that I was disappointed that the Tired Pony was some kind of her birthday present form Snow Patrol (rather from Gary) and they are only about to go to the studio again in October. I mean, I love that the Tired Pony record is released in July and Elena deserves an amazing present like that, but usually Snow Patrol put out something at / around my birthday as well. In 2008 it was the Take Back The City video which was posted on snowpatrol.com on 24th September and in 2009 they performed live on American TV that day. Plus there was the Just Say Yes premiere the week before my birthday.

So I'm even happier now that I know they will be performing the day before my birthday. :nice: Maybe we get to hear a new song by then? :cheesy: (It's only a week before they go back to the studio, they should not act like they haven't already something to play! :lol:)

Is it me or does Gary seem a bit pissed about the sun shining in his face? I would be. :laugh4:

haha...their Arthur's Day performance can be your birthday gift from them then! :D

...& i bet they'll have a new song already by then. just a question of whether they'll "debut" it at Arthur's Day.

maybe Gary's regretting not wearing sunnies...or wishing he's holding a Guinness rather than a sign for Galway with the sun in his face.

haha...their Arthur's Day performance can be your birthday gift from them then! :D

...& i bet they'll have a new song already by then. just a question of whether they'll "debut" it at Arthur's Day.

It will be my birthday present from them! :smug: And yeah, if they have something, they'll debut it then, because they always did. :cool:

maybe Gary's regretting not wearing sunnies...or wishing he's holding a Guinness rather than a sign for Galway with the sun in his face.
He doesn't drink anymore, does he? :uhoh: At least not in the last few weeks.

And it's definitely the sun. I'm glad there's no sun here for days now. :lol:

It will be my birthday present from them! :smug: And yeah, if they have something, they'll debut it then, because they always did. :cool:

He doesn't drink anymore, does he? :uhoh: At least not in the last few weeks.

And it's definitely the sun. I'm glad there's no sun here for days now. :lol:

i'm not sure if he completely doesn't drink anymore, actually. i think the interviewer interpreted him saying he doesn't miss drinking alcohol since the last one he had months ago as the same as saying he doesn't drink anymore. cos there's his answer of "The answer to both is Guinness" in another recent interview where he was asked "What food or drink is always in your fridge?"

BUT it's great to see that Gary's acknowledged that you don't have to get hammered to have fun with friends! :D

definitely an important point that he's highlighted since the band's now in a very public "relationship" with Guinness, imo...

i personally have never seen the point of getting piss drunk when out with friends. the next day you'll be too hungover to even remember what was so fun about the night & the sober ones will make sure our drunk mates get home safely...or don't drown in their own shower at 4am, but it's not a fun thing to have to keep doing. :dozey:

cos there's his answer of "The answer to both is Guinness" in another recent interview where he was asked "What food or drink is always in your fridge?"
Elena pointed that out to me as well, but both of you don't think about visitors like I do? :dozey: :lol:

Maybe he didn't give up but he certainly decreased it.

or don't drown in their own shower at 4am, but it's not a fun thing to have to keep doing. :dozey:
So you've already experienced that? :uhoh:

I've found 2 videos of great quality from the Paris gig:

"Shut Your Eyes" with Gary trying to be sexy <3

(pay attention to the guy's shouting at 1:24 :cheesy:)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

"Run" :heart:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Elena pointed that out to me as well, but both of you don't think about visitors like I do? :dozey: :lol:

Maybe he didn't give up but he certainly decreased it.

So you've already experienced that? :uhoh:

haha...forgot about visitors! tho i wouldn't consider Guinness serve-able as food...unless he cooks with the Guinness too.

& yeah, been there done that...only even realised it cos the house floor was flooded. i wasn't the one who had to drag the guy out (thankfully!), but i don't think the 3 guys who did were looking forward to finding their housemate naked & passed out on the shower room floor either. :dozey:

Hi everyone, just thought that it's maybe time for some sort of Amsterdam-review... Don't know if anyone's still interested as it's already some days ago and you guys also got the liveupdates from Bianca, so I don't know whether it's still necessary to say much more... But I think I'll kind of write an overall-review about both gigs and my experiences... Something like that. :)

So, I went to Amsterdam with the friend of mine who'd also come along with me to Berlin. First I had to travel about 6 hours to her place and then it took us approximately another 7 hours to Amsterdam by car. A journey of 13 hours all in all, not bad, I guess. But it was SO much worth it and I'd SO do it again. :cool:

I think we arrived at the venue at about 11.30, waaay to early. Seeing we were the first ones, we went for a wander, went shopping for CDs and had something to eat. We also discovered an Irish pub very close to the venue but it was closed... :dozey: We started queuing sometime between 1 and 2 o'clock, but the amount of people didn't increase until 4.30 or something... We also met up with Sam from TTB and her friends and spent the time talking until the doors opened. The procedure inside the venue was a bit annoying because first it took them ages to scan your tickets and then you were almost checked like at the airport, but luckily I was one of the first ones to enter the floor and I managed to get my favourite spot between Gary and Nathan. :heart:

I liked the Foals' set much better this time, firstly because it seemed like they'd extended their setlist (which now consisted of 6 songs) and the sound in the Heineken Music Hall was much better than in Berlin. I really enjoyed their music and I was a bit surprised that I was one of the only ones who was actually "moving" to the music or at least bobbing along to it... :confused:

I was wondering anyway because I'd heard that the Durch crowd was one of the most energetic and lively ones, but I couldn't really feel that that night... The people didn't even really showed more life when SP went on stage. :confused: At one point Gary even said that we seemed a little subdued and had to teach us how to clap... :rolleyes: But it wasn't just the crowd, because the band didn't seem as energetic as in Berlin, either... But it got much better during the set! :)

One thing I have to mention is that the stage was veeery high... Which was kind of a problem for Gary because, as you know, he usually jumps off the stage and sings in front of the people at some point... So Gary told us about the one time he'd jumped off a stage in Dublin and broke his leg, so he wouldn't try that again, even though he'd love to come down... And you could really see how sad he was about that because during some songs he really seemed to look down with a pitiful face, kind of showing us that he'd really like to but can't... Pretty cute. ;)

Apart from that, there were also the usual lyric-mistakes, but he avoided the worst parts by looking at his monitor... Seriously, it was so obvious how he'd always walk past it and look down on the floor... :rolleyes::lol:

I really liked "You could be happy" in the dark with all the mobile phones in the air and "Set the fire to the third bar" sounded really lovely with the lady (Laura Jansen) who joined them on stage. :)

The concert was over waaay too soon and we headed to the back entrance to try our luck... We weren't that lucky, though, because the tourbuses were parked inside the venue in a garage and I was pretty sure they'd leave in a taxi or something to go downtown or something... Well, what shall I say: I was right. They eventually left the venue in a minivan... There were only very few of us (<10) and we didn't want to be rude by standing right in front of the garage door, so they probably didn't even notice us... I was a bit disappointed, to be honest, but I told myself: Better luck next time...

So, on the next day my friend had to leave early because of an exam and I went to the venue on my own. Even though I didn't want to be there as early as the day before, I didn't know what to do anyway, so at maybe 1 pm I joined a girl queuing who I'd met the evening before... The next couple of hours were reeeaally boring and I almost fell asleep. :lol: Then Stefan joined our part of the queue... As we didn't really know each other too well and, as the dumb-ass I am, I wasn't quite sure whether it was him and didn't want to make a fool out of myself in case it wasn't him... :rolleyes: Well, all I can say is: Thanks to the magical CP-bracelets... :lol: So, queuing with Stefan and his friend was much more entertaining and the time passed by pretty quickly until the doors opened. For some reason then, I was one of the first ones inside the venue again and got hold of my favourite spot, so all of us were at the front. :dance:

While the Foals were playing, I thought I saw the boys dancing on the right side of the stage... I could only see some shadows, but I thought it were Gary and Pablo... The dance moves of the "tall one" actually looked rather funny, so that'd fit to Gary, I guess. :lol: I'm sure about Pablo because I saw him walking back to the backstage area after Foals' last song. I'm really glad the boys all loved the Foals so much and obviously enjoy their music. Well, Gary expressed his love for them like 42987 times on stage anyway. :lol:

It was nice to see that tonight's crowd seemed to be a lot more lively, you could feel that from the first minute the boys took the stage. :) The boys seemed to be more enthusiastic and a lot happier as well! There was so much "flirting" going on between Gary and Nathan and everybody was smiling to each other and making jokes. It was a joy to watch! :cheesy::wacky:

Gary probably didn't talk as much as the night before, but the interaction with the audience was hilarious anyway. At one point people wouldn't stop cheering, so Gary kind of made us go on and stop like a conductor does with an orchestra. :lol: Moreover, the audience continued singing "Shut your eyes and sing to me" without Gary even asking us to do so, so he had to stop us to be able to end the song the way he usually does... First singing it very quietly and then getting louder and louder. So, I really enjoyed SYE that time and I absolutely loved the sound of Gary's voice when he tried to sing very quietly... SO beautiful! :wacky:

During "The Golden Floor" he totally messed up the lyrics and afterwards he said that we could find the actual lyrics online. :lol: "Make this go on forever" was a mess as well, but it sounded wonderful nontheless. I really got the impression that his voice sounded more beautiful than ever that night! :heart:

Oh, I mustn't forget about my favourite moment of the night... It was obviously during "Crack the shutters". As Nathan hadn't joined Gary (who was lying on the piano) during "Hands Open" as he usually does, he must have probably wanted to kind of take revenge on him for that... :lol: So during CTS, about 30 seconds in, he went over to Nate and hugged him longer than before. Nate couldn't help but laughing, but he clearly showed Gary his ringfinger... Gary didn't seem too impressed, though. It was SO much fun to watch! :lol:During the song, Gary even said "I could do that every night, ladies!" and they were all laughing so heartily, so cute! :)

Another highlight of the night was the fact that they'd replaced "You could be happy" with "The Finish Line"! I have to admit that for a wee second I thought they'd finally play "Warmer Climate" when Gary said that they'd now play a song they hadn't played for a long time, but anyway... They all exchanged instruments, Nathan being sat on the piano! :wacky:

I knew that the silent part with Gary only had returned during "Run", so I told Stefan's friend to shout out to Gary during that. His response was "I love you too, man in the darkness!". The whole band just cracked up. :lol:

Oh, by the way... Gary must have obviously told somebody to get some kind of stairs because they'd put up three boxes in front of the stage so Gary could finally get down to the crowd. :) And he did so during "Take back the city", giving everybody high-fives. It's a pity the (stupid) photographers were between Gary and me just then... :dozey:

I really really enjoyed "The Lightning Strike" this time. As I said before, the sound of Gary's voice just sounded extra-ordinary that night. :wacky:

Oh, one thing that really made me happy both nights was that Nathan kind of seemed to remember me as he smiled down at me a couple of times. :stunned: I probably turned red as a beetroot everytime... :blush: :lol:

I'd thought about all day long whether it was worth it to give it another try at the back entrance or just avoid another disappointment, but I just thought "Damn it!" and so the four of us made our way to the garage door... We probably were less than 10 people again and it only took less than half an hour and a white minivan left again... A security then told Stefan that the boys had headed to a gig in the Paradiso... I guess for a few seconds we really considered going there, but it'd have been too complicated (at least for me) and we also didn't know whether we'd actually be even allowed to go inside... :confused: So, I must admit that I was pretty gutted that I didn't get to thank them for those three amazing gigs and say a proper goodbye to them, but I just guess they sometimes don't feel like doing the fan-thing every night and they probably hadn't seen us standing there anyway... Well, life goes on, that's what I kept telling myself. ;)

I feel really lucky I was able to see the lads so often on this tour and that I got to spent such an amazing time together with some really lovely people! :hug: Stefan, it was really nice to meet you and I'm glad we eventually managed to start a conversation. And remember the deal: If you join me on a gig here in Germany someday, I'll come back to Amsterdam! ;)

I've uploaded all videos on youtube and I can also post some photos on here if you want to, so let me know if you're still interested. :)

Hi everyone, just thought that it's maybe time for some sort of Amsterdam-review... Don't know if anyone's still interested as it's already some days ago and you guys also got the liveupdates from Bianca, so I don't know whether it's still necessary to say much more... But I think I'll kind of write an overall-review about both gigs and my experiences... Something like that. :)

Thanks you so much for your review, it's never too late to do one! :)

I've uploaded all videos on youtube and I can also post some photos on here if you want to, so let me know if you're still interested. :)

Thanks, I can't wait to see them! ^^

It's a pity they don't make more shows for his tour, and by that I mean that I would have loved a second gig in Paris! :p

great (smiley-laden) review as always! & never too late for a review or 2! :)

& it goes well with Bianca's live updates too...heh

And yeah, if they have something, they'll debut it then, because they always did. :cool:

was reminded of your statement when i read this article in the Belfast Telegraph. & i suppose you'd already have read it already yourself by now, but for those who aren't on FB or just haven't seen it, it looks like there *might* be a new song debuting at Ward Park already even!

Lightbody revealed that the band are considering trying out a new song on the home crowd.

“Our next album is in the making,” he said.

“We have written some new songs and hope to be in the studio later this year, aiming at early next year for its release.

“We’re thinking of playing a new song called Big Broken on Saturday night, to see how it goes down.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/snow-patrol-return-to-pub-where-their-story-began-14830407.html#ixzz0ptv7x3wf

So much talk about me in this thread. :awesome: But yes, the concert was awesome and I guess I could post a little review and some pictures here if there is any interest. It was such a hectic day, I came back from the US in the morning and went almost straight to the venue. I think I slept the entire Wednesday.

Stefan, it was really nice to meet you and I'm glad we eventually managed to start a conversation. And remember the deal: If you join me on a gig here in Germany someday, I'll come back to Amsterdam! ;)

It was really nice to meet you too, Elena! And yes, the deal still stands. :wacky: Let me know as soon as there is any interesting to go to in your country!

AHHHH! I've been away for days and had a TON to catch up on! Thanks so much to everyone for the amazing reviews, pics and videos. I'm soooo glad you guys all had such a great time!!

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa the gig was AWESOME!!!!!! i already read what u wrote about the gig and yeah was a bit small,probably because of Muse, since they were the headliners, but it was so damn cool :))

I did not took pics though :\ nor videos, since i stay a bit away from stage and i was there to enjoy the gig .. but any question, feel free to ask! :D

Claudia! :cheesy: So glad you got to see them and that you enjoyed the show so much! And Muse, too?! Extra added goodness!

A photo from yesterday

101021534.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F55AA269833BA7C885AD7D44EFF8EDEC3BA62F42856D5213A2E30A760B0D811297

Gorgeous! <3 I'm loving his new haircut!

As promised, a quick review for the paris gig @L'Olympia ^^ It was incredible!! I love that venue cause it's not too small and not too big, and the band just owned it last night! Gary won the crowd the minute he opened his mouth to sing/smile or joke and we responded like mad XD!! On Hand open, he came to sing in the public and a woman threw herself at this neck to hug him...XD He was laughing hard and pat her back before countinuing his way through the alley. Another cool moment was on 'Shut your eyes' where we anticipated the 'shut your eyes' repetition so Gary couldn't sing cause we were doing it for him! He asked us to stop lauging hard and he directed our 'choir' to sing it properly lol My friend filmed this (link below)

Anyway, it was awesome!! It went too fast but I had a pure blast! Gary is the sweetest man on earth, always smiling and you can feel how kind he is on stage and how he enjoys to be there with you. A great frontman <3

I missed him at the end of the gig but Virginie (arwen88) saw him ^^ I was seated a few seats away on the same row...total accident but it was cool! Coldplay karma striked again XD

So now pics! My all album is here http://www.monalbum.fr/Album=644OLAYX but here's a few selection

Foto-KPVUESRA.jpg

Foto-HD3RD8CV.jpg

Gary 'light body'..hahaa :lol:

Foto-RFQU87RM.jpg

Foto-MW7ROWOT.jpg

A million Gary's faces...

Foto-LVYZIFWT.jpgFoto-JHDDEPZZ.jpg

As for the vid, the sound is kinda crap but the image is quite good:

My others vids ther are on my YT account here: http://www.youtube.com/user/lilou8269#g/u

Here the account of my friend, she put others songs:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Carlaline#g/u

But here her vid of 'Shut your eyes'

:cool: :D

Great review and pics, Aurelie! Glad you enjoyed it! I am sooo jealous of you guys right now!

People, I'm seriously mad at you for stealing my part about updating you with Amsterdam-stuff! :lol: You know, I'm not.

There are some pretty amazing photos on flickr: See and be amazed!

Some others from flickr from the first Amsterdam gig:

4658341016_ff3f6c1700_b.jpg

4658341200_e0d0f93bd8_b.jpg

4658341326_eb625dacbb_b.jpg

4657718727_522a0cf871_b.jpg

The shots of Pablo are brilliant! :surprised:

Elena's a fan of that red shirt, I'm not so much. :rolleyes:

Wow. Those pics of Pablo *are* brilliant! Really, really lovely!

Oh, and I'm with Elena. I <3 the Red Shirt. :cool:

here[/url].

Have fun listening! :nice:

Thank you, lovely Anna! :kiss:

So, I went to Amsterdam with the friend of mine who'd also come along with me to Berlin. First I had to travel about 6 hours to her place and then it took us approximately another 7 hours to Amsterdam by car. A journey of 13 hours all in all, not bad, I guess. But it was SO much worth it and I'd SO do it again. :cool:

I think we arrived at the venue at about 11.30, waaay to early. Seeing we were the first ones, we went for a wander, went shopping for CDs and had something to eat. We also discovered an Irish pub very close to the venue but it was closed... :dozey: We started queuing sometime between 1 and 2 o'clock, but the amount of people didn't increase until 4.30 or something... We also met up with Sam from TTB and her friends and spent the time talking until the doors opened. The procedure inside the venue was a bit annoying because first it took them ages to scan your tickets and then you were almost checked like at the airport, but luckily I was one of the first ones to enter the floor and I managed to get my favourite spot between Gary and Nathan. :heart:

I liked the Foals' set much better this time, firstly because it seemed like they'd extended their setlist (which now consisted of 6 songs) and the sound in the Heineken Music Hall was much better than in Berlin. I really enjoyed their music and I was a bit surprised that I was one of the only ones who was actually "moving" to the music or at least bobbing along to it... :confused:

I was wondering anyway because I'd heard that the Durch crowd was one of the most energetic and lively ones, but I couldn't really feel that that night... The people didn't even really showed more life when SP went on stage. :confused: At one point Gary even said that we seemed a little subdued and had to teach us how to clap... :rolleyes: But it wasn't just the crowd, because the band didn't seem as energetic as in Berlin, either... But it got much better during the set! :)

One thing I have to mention is that the stage was veeery high... Which was kind of a problem for Gary because, as you know, he usually jumps off the stage and sings in front of the people at some point... So Gary told us about the one time he'd jumped off a stage in Dublin and broke his leg, so he wouldn't try that again, even though he'd love to come down... And you could really see how sad he was about that because during some songs he really seemed to look down with a pitiful face, kind of showing us that he'd really like to but can't... Pretty cute. ;)

Apart from that, there were also the usual lyric-mistakes, but he avoided the worst parts by looking at his monitor... Seriously, it was so obvious how he'd always walk past it and look down on the floor... :rolleyes::lol:

I really liked "You could be happy" in the dark with all the mobile phones in the air and "Set the fire to the third bar" sounded really lovely with the lady (Laura Jansen) who joined them on stage. :)

The concert was over waaay too soon and we headed to the back entrance to try our luck... We weren't that lucky, though, because the tourbuses were parked inside the venue in a garage and I was pretty sure they'd leave in a taxi or something to go downtown or something... Well, what shall I say: I was right. They eventually left the venue in a minivan... There were only very few of us (<10) and we didn't want to be rude by standing right in front of the garage door, so they probably didn't even notice us... I was a bit disappointed, to be honest, but I told myself: Better luck next time...

So, on the next day my friend had to leave early because of an exam and I went to the venue on my own. Even though I didn't want to be there as early as the day before, I didn't know what to do anyway, so at maybe 1 pm I joined a girl queuing who I'd met the evening before... The next couple of hours were reeeaally boring and I almost fell asleep. :lol: Then Stefan joined our part of the queue... As we didn't really know each other too well and, as the dumb-ass I am, I wasn't quite sure whether it was him and didn't want to make a fool out of myself in case it wasn't him... :rolleyes: Well, all I can say is: Thanks to the magical CP-bracelets... :lol: So, queuing with Stefan and his friend was much more entertaining and the time passed by pretty quickly until the doors opened. For some reason then, I was one of the first ones inside the venue again and got hold of my favourite spot, so all of us were at the front. :dance:

While the Foals were playing, I thought I saw the boys dancing on the right side of the stage... I could only see some shadows, but I thought it were Gary and Pablo... The dance moves of the "tall one" actually looked rather funny, so that'd fit to Gary, I guess. :lol: I'm sure about Pablo because I saw him walking back to the backstage area after Foals' last song. I'm really glad the boys all loved the Foals so much and obviously enjoy their music. Well, Gary expressed his love for them like 42987 times on stage anyway. :lol:

It was nice to see that tonight's crowd seemed to be a lot more lively, you could feel that from the first minute the boys took the stage. :) The boys seemed to be more enthusiastic and a lot happier as well! There was so much "flirting" going on between Gary and Nathan and everybody was smiling to each other and making jokes. It was a joy to watch! :cheesy::wacky:

Gary probably didn't talk as much as the night before, but the interaction with the audience was hilarious anyway. At one point people wouldn't stop cheering, so Gary kind of made us go on and stop like a conductor does with an orchestra. :lol: Moreover, the audience continued singing "Shut your eyes and sing to me" without Gary even asking us to do so, so he had to stop us to be able to end the song the way he usually does... First singing it very quietly and then getting louder and louder. So, I really enjoyed SYE that time and I absolutely loved the sound of Gary's voice when he tried to sing very quietly... SO beautiful! :wacky:

During "The Golden Floor" he totally messed up the lyrics and afterwards he said that we could find the actual lyrics online. :lol: "Make this go on forever" was a mess as well, but it sounded wonderful nontheless. I really got the impression that his voice sounded more beautiful than ever that night! :heart:

Oh, I mustn't forget about my favourite moment of the night... It was obviously during "Crack the shutters". As Nathan hadn't joined Gary (who was lying on the piano) during "Hands Open" as he usually does, he must have probably wanted to kind of take revenge on him for that... :lol: So during CTS, about 30 seconds in, he went over to Nate and hugged him longer than before. Nate couldn't help but laughing, but he clearly showed Gary his ringfinger... Gary didn't seem too impressed, though. It was SO much fun to watch! :lol:During the song, Gary even said "I could do that every night, ladies!" and they were all laughing so heartily, so cute! :)

Another highlight of the night was the fact that they'd replaced "You could be happy" with "The Finish Line"! I have to admit that for a wee second I thought they'd finally play "Warmer Climate" when Gary said that they'd now play a song they hadn't played for a long time, but anyway... They all exchanged instruments, Nathan being sat on the piano! :wacky:

I knew that the silent part with Gary only had returned during "Run", so I told Stefan's friend to shout out to Gary during that. His response was "I love you too, man in the darkness!". The whole band just cracked up. :lol:

Oh, by the way... Gary must have obviously told somebody to get some kind of stairs because they'd put up three boxes in front of the stage so Gary could finally get down to the crowd. :) And he did so during "Take back the city", giving everybody high-fives. It's a pity the (stupid) photographers were between Gary and me just then... :dozey:

I really really enjoyed "The Lightning Strike" this time. As I said before, the sound of Gary's voice just sounded extra-ordinary that night. :wacky:

Oh, one thing that really made me happy both nights was that Nathan kind of seemed to remember me as he smiled down at me a couple of times. :stunned: I probably turned red as a beetroot everytime... :blush: :lol:

I'd thought about all day long whether it was worth it to give it another try at the back entrance or just avoid another disappointment, but I just thought "Damn it!" and so the four of us made our way to the garage door... We probably were less than 10 people again and it only took less than half an hour and a white minivan left again... A security then told Stefan that the boys had headed to a gig in the Paradiso... I guess for a few seconds we really considered going there, but it'd have been too complicated (at least for me) and we also didn't know whether we'd actually be even allowed to go inside... :confused: So, I must admit that I was pretty gutted that I didn't get to thank them for those three amazing gigs and say a proper goodbye to them, but I just guess they sometimes don't feel like doing the fan-thing every night and they probably hadn't seen us standing there anyway... Well, life goes on, that's what I kept telling myself. ;)

I feel really lucky I was able to see the lads so often on this tour and that I got to spent such an amazing time together with some really lovely people! :hug: Stefan, it was really nice to meet you and I'm glad we eventually managed to start a conversation. And remember the deal: If you join me on a gig here in Germany someday, I'll come back to Amsterdam! ;)

Excellent review, as always Elena! You make me feel like I'm right there with you! Sorry you didn't get to speak to the boys, but glad you enjoyed the shows and had such a wonderful view at all of them! :hug:

Oh, and that Guiness pic posted a couple of pages back... is that PAUL in them?? It doesn't look at all like him to me, but the one pic's got Gary, Nathan, and Jonny... so I'm assuming it is him??

Sorry for the double post, but I just finished reading that article that Muzika posted the link to a couple of pages back. That very nearly brought me to tears. That's probably the most insight I've ever seen into Gary's actual personality. Makes me want to be his BFF. :wacky: