✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna post any pictures from the show in Copenhagen as they are not that good the ones you girls have posted from the Berlin gig. There is one photo which I just HAVE to show you all though! My little sister and Nathan ::

28310_1427603722775_1013274873_31254177_8175367_n.jpg

And there's sonemone obviously loving the shot of Gary and Nathan. And not only for the green light. :D

You know, I have no clue at all about whom you're talking about... :whistle::lol::awesome:

Thanks, Sarah, for posting the photos! As Bianca said, I really like that special green one. ;)

@Roos: I know I've said it like a thousand of times already, but I just have to say it once again here as well: The photo's so damn cute! :heart: It's just so heartwarming, I don't know. :cheesy: I also love that smirk of Nathan. :dead: For some reason, he always seems to put it up for the photos. :lol:

The photo is more than cute. There should be a new word for that. Nathan-licious but that'd sound too ... well, not cute. :lol: Cutielicious? Oh well, I better stick with the ordinary 'cute' then.

Cuuuuuuuuuuute! :blush:

And Nathan's smirk looks different than on most of the photos he gets taken after shows. Usually he has that dead-sexy (did I just say that?! :o) smile on. Here he's taken away by the cuteness of the situation. :nice:

@ Elena

Phew, I just forgott whom I was talking about. :thinking: 'I wreck my brains but it won't come'

great to read/see that you girls all had a great time at your respective gigs! :D

I'm not gonna post any pictures from the show in Copenhagen as they are not that good the ones you girls have posted from the Berlin gig. There is one photo which I just HAVE to show you all though! My little sister and Nathan ::

haha....Roos, i still can't get over how cute this photo is! :wacky::wacky::wacky:

& "yay!" to you & your little sis getting Gary & Nathan's attention with your marriage proposal sign(s).

thought i'd share this interview with you all here too, since i guess not all of us stalk TTB when bored like i do... :dozey: ...had a good laugh reading it. :lol:

this has got to be 1 of the weirdest interviews i've read... *lol* Gary & jamming (" And by jamming I mean the potting of preserves.") being one of the loves of his life!

he seems to have been in a mischievious mood when he did this interview... :laugh3:

but i don't think my sis' little dachshund'd get along with him if he were around...naughty Gary! :P

The Snow Patrol frontman waxes lyrical on the matters close to his heart.

Who would attend your fantasy dinner party?

Jimmy Hoffa, Eddie The Eagle, Toyah, Shergar, Bobby Ball. We’d eat Shergar.

Who did you last text?

My friend Steve: “You got any?”

It’s not cool but…

I like to tease small dogs with full-size pictures of bigger dogs.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Fire, burny.

What’s the worst job you ever had?

Selling Film Four to people who already had ten Sky Movie channels.

Who is your favourite fictional character?

Jordan.

What are you afraid of?

Jordan.

Did you have a nickname growing up?

I was a junior magician called The Great Disappointment.

What situations make you lose your temper?

When you get to a door and push and it won’t open, then you push with all your might and it still won’t open, then you take your hand away and it’s been covering the sign that said “pull”.

If you could try a profession, what would that be? Why?

One of those guys that dresses up like a 19th-century pickpocket, paints himself silver and stands really still for ages. Looks easy.

What food or drink is always in your fridge?

The answer to both is Guinness.

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?

If we’re talking bionic then I’ll go with extendable legs and arms.

If you could travel back in time, where would you go?

I’m not that keen to go tootling about before the invention of penicillin. If it’s just a quick pitstop, I’d visit The Golden Horde, a province of Mongolia in the 13th century in the reign of Kublai Khan. It surely is the best-named place of all time.

Who or what is the love of your life?

Tenpin bowling. And jamming. And by jamming I mean the potting of preserves.

Snow Patrol play Bellahouston Park on 12 June with Editors, Band of Horses and Frightened Rabbit. Tickets from £40, http://www.gigsinscotland.com

• This article was first published in The Scotsman on 22 May.

lolz, Gary is so random xD I love it. especially "And by jamming I mean the potting of preserves"

:lol:

this is from Showcase Antwerpen. pretty good quality.

I love Gary's banter in the beggining xD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWYQb635YCM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Crack The Shutters (Acoustic - Showcase Antwerpen Zuiderkroon - 25/05/2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3s5dFH3LU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Just Say Yes (Acoustic - Showcase Antwerpen Zuiderkroon - 25/05/2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJe67qzPBa4&feature=channel]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Give Me Strength (Acoustic - Showcase Antwerpen Zuiderkroon - 25/05/2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjdgkQ8bECo&feature=channel]YouTube- Snow Patrol - The Golden Floor (Acoustic - Showcase Antwerpen Zuiderkroon - 25/05/2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O398n2-hKQ8&feature=channel]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Set The Fire To The Third Bar (Acoustic - Showcase Antwerpen Zuiderkroon - 25/05/2010)[/ame]

there also are performances of Run, Chasing Cars, If there's a Rocket, Shut Your Eyes, Chocolate, Take Back the City. Enjoy

Pictures are here: Q-Showcase met Snow Patrol

AND Gary's interview from that show is here: http://seniorennet.be/Pages/Nieuws/videonieuws.php?id=PIt_40263_vtm_id

Great pictures! Great vids! You have NO idea how jealous of you I am.

I'm kind've hoping, since my U2 concert has been postponed to next year, Interpol will back out and Snow Patrol will jump in to open. :cheesy:.

This is just a fantasy. It won't happen.

But it'd be nice if it did, boys. :wacky::P

This is soooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

I love the videos.

@Bianca: What about Mary-licious? :wink3: Haha, only joking. :lol:

Well, and can't decide whether I prefer the "cute smirk" or the "dead sexy (indeed!) smirk"... :dead:

@Kimmi: Haha, that interview's soooo random. Still love it. I especially like the part with the doors that won't open. I can totally relate to that. :laugh3:

@muzika: Watched those videos this morning and they just made my day! The quality's ace and the music is outstanding. I guess I've said it a thousand times, but I'm such a sucker for acoustic sets. :cheesy: The gig seems so perfect all around for me, I guess I'd have done anything to be there. And Gary played "Give me strength"! :wideeyed::bomb: Seriously, this would have killed me! :dead: Oh, and about the banter before "Crack the shutters"... Oh dear, sometimes I'm just lost for words considering Gary's randomness... :rolleyes3:

@muzika: Watched those videos this morning and they just made my day! The quality's ace and the music is outstanding. I guess I've said it a thousand times, but I'm such a sucker for acoustic sets. :cheesy: The gig seems so perfect all around for me, I guess I'd have done anything to be there. And Gary played "Give me strength"! :wideeyed::bomb: Seriously, this would have killed me! :dead: Oh, and about the banter before "Crack the shutters"... Oh dear, sometimes I'm just lost for words considering Gary's randomness... :rolleyes3:

Same here ;O I especially love the acoustic gig in Amsterdam. that one was absolutely amazing -.-

Gary has invented a new dimension of randomness. :lol:

that is so true! :lol:

I love random people. Though sometimes they can get anoying, but I never get bored listening to Gary.

who's the girl who sang with them for Set Fire to the Third Bar? i think she did quite a good job there... :)

@Kimmi: Haha, that interview's soooo random. Still love it. I especially like the part with the doors that won't open. I can totally relate to that. :laugh3:

yeah, i kinda can too...in the other way round. i tend to pull the doors. hahaha :dozey::embarrassed:

I :heart: randomness. But Gary has invented a new dimension of randomness. :lol:

Gary & his randomness = absolutely adorkable! :wacky:

So I just randomly turned on streaming footage of Rock in Rio, and they were interviewing Gary and Paul! It lasted only about two minutes but they talked about their recent food experiences and well as having a new SP album out in 2011. Obviously Tired Pony comes first, but it's good to know that the break from Snow Patrol won't be long.

EDIT: SNOW PATROL BROADCASTING LIVE RIGHT NOW:

http://es.justin.tv/dimaria20slb#r=EIW37AQ~

ohhhh boy - I've been computer-less for so long (Thanks, "genius" bar) that it took me ages to catch up with all these latest stories and reviews/pics/vids, everything else good. Let's just say I am sufficiently jealous of everyone! :)

LOVED the review Elena, sounds like you 4 had an amazing time! I gotta go back and find the pics you posted in here... front row, eh? not too shabby, and pics/autograph with the band - i would have dropped dead where I stood! :)

Roos - LOVED that pic of your sis & Nathan - just so cute!

@Muzika - thanks for those vids too! great quality - totally made my day!

@everyone - i totally agree i adore the banter between songs - so funny and entertaining and really makes each concert different! :)

have fun to all the concert-goers this week

Elena and me just watched Snow Patrol's appearance at Rock In Rio. :cheesy:

We enjoyed it very much, but it was too short, in our opinion. But oh well, we'd listen to them live for days, to be honest. :lol:

Tomorrow I'll try to find out if someone recorded the live stream and put anything on the internet to share with you guys.

wow! so many awesome experiences! I'm so happy for everyone who's seen them recently! I've got tons more to comment on, but I'm so sick right now, just looking at the monitor gives me a headache. Can't wait to really catch up on everything! x

@blue_girl: Aww, I hope you enjoyed the gig! We certainly did...behind the screens. :lol: It's a pity they only played about an hour, though... It seemed like they were kind of in a hurry...

@Meredith: Aww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my review! :nice: I'm sorry, but I guess you won't find the photos in this thread anymore because I deleted the links since you could apparently find them on google and I didn't want the whole internet community "steal" my photos... But if you want to I can show you some of them via PM or something like that... I might even post some in our GLLU-group, we'll see. :)

And haha yeah, it's pretty easy to drop dead standing next to them. But Bianca and I managed not to swoon. :D:lol: Even though I kind of had a massive blackout considering all the things I actually wanted to say to them, but oh well, I was at least able to say something that wasn't just nonsense... :rolleyes: :lol:

@Bianca: Watching the livestream with you was a hell lot of fun, just have to say it again! :hug: I'm really looking forward to watching the other two with you as well! Can't wait! :dance:

And you're right, I guess we could listen to them for days, weeks, months and even years. :lol:

@Jen: Aww, thanks! I'm sorry to hear you're sick... Get well soon then! :hug:

Only 3 more days left, ladies and gents... Oh dear, let me just tell you that: I can't wait! It's like I'm even more on fire since yesterday! :dance:

Yeah, Elena, I feel the fire, too. But in terms of not having a proper idea for the gig. :rolleyes:

Those other two livestreams will be amazing, I know that. Because Gary will talk in English only again so I can understand everything. :dozey: And the f***ing site of the festival(s) will work for me. Stupid language barrier.

Here's an interview from yesterday, I'll try to find the other one with Gary and Pablo (Nathan wasn't in talking mood? :thinking:)

Elena found that one for us! :nice:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0uqYSKPkfY&feature]YouTube- Rock In Rio Lisboa 2010 - Snow Patrol[/ame]