🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening party today? Unlike those Coldplay premieres, this one doesn't happen in the middle of the night for me.

But while I hope it's way better than the Coldplay ones, I'm hoping to hear a bit of an evolution for Snow Patrol. AHMS was a good album, but an extremely safe one (Lightning Strike notwithstanding). I'm even okay with them taking a few prog nods from Final Straw.

i'm looking forward to hearing this new direction they've taken. No way can I wait till the song is released in september though, way too long! I'm hoping though for either a more retro Snow Patrol touch (1st two albums) or an Eyes Open influence. I don't have any fear in it being bad, Snow Patrol don't have any bad songs in my opinion

it really is different! love the lyrics to it too and the music is great. tis a good song :D Fallen Empires is the new album's name :D awesome name :D

EDIT: Also what did Gary say about touring? I didn't make it out at the time

ok, so LP6 is 'fallen empires' (like the name!!!) AND TOUR IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY!! :dance: It was so good to hear Gary's voice again during the ITV! I squeed when he said "going back to SP is like going back to family'... :bomb:

As for the song, I quite like it. I'm not too found on the chorus melody (prefer the verses) but I think it will grow on me just like JSY did :D

Good news everyone..! :D

Gary just said on an interview on RTE's 2fm that they've 2 albums of material and expect to release a new album half way through Fallen Empire's album cycle..! :dance:

Love the new track..! :)

listening to it again it has a similar sound to something Friendly Fires would do. I'm intrigued by how he said it's all very vague and that there are different types of songs all in the album. This will either turn out really well or it'll be an experiment to forget i think.

They'll probably play the shit out of it on the radio.

Not here probably. My stations are too infatuated with new Coldplay and still haven't gotten tired enough of whoring out "Chasing Cars" to actually move on to more recent Snow Patrol material.

Not here probably. My stations are too infatuated with new Coldplay and still haven't gotten tired enough of whoring out "Chasing Cars" to actually move on to more recent Snow Patrol material.

Irish stations play so much pop and dance stuff but you'd be surprised at what they also over play. I went through a time of hating intervention by Arcade Fire because it was overplayed sooo much.

Snow Patrol being northern Irish (and therefore somewhat Irish) they will be played a lot.

wow! would've thought Chasing Cars is pretty "old" by now to still be overplayed on radio stations. but...them's the brakes. :confused:

& as expected, SP has pulled of electronic-tinged music much better than Coldplay!

it's a rather gloomy summer day here in London this evening & i was walking back in the drizzle when it came on...totally brightened up the evening for me! :wacky:

@coldplay_is_louve not sure if you listened to Gary's interview on Absolute Radio, but he just made my frigging month!!! his "special place he would like to perform at" (ala Elbow at the crypt in St Paul's Cathedral) is Old Trafford!!! :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

*starts singing "Gary Lightbody is a red, is a red, is a red"*

Irish stations play so much pop and dance stuff but you'd be surprised at what they also over play. I went through a time of hating intervention by Arcade Fire because it was overplayed sooo much.

Snow Patrol being northern Irish (and therefore somewhat Irish) they will be played a lot.

i have a Lonely Planet guide book of Ireland (ROI + N. Ireland) that mentions U2 with full admiration (not that i'm complaining...i love U2 too) but totally slates Snow Patrol. :dozey: